Just re-release the Priv with the KEY2's internals and Android Oreo and I'll pay up to $999.

Do it TCL. It's an easy cash grab
    What's 17 x $999?
    12-04-19 05:08 PM
    What's 17 x $999?
    Far more speculative than a realistic 12X$999
    12-04-19 05:11 PM
    That's a shame, however, if BBMo does indeed fold it's tent, that in itself might further motivate BlackBerry to have it offered in the Apple Store and add yet another potential revenue stream. Wouldn't that be great if possible! Well, we can only hope.

Posted via my Passport
    I'm pretty sure it was tossed because Apple would never allow the same type of integration one would expect from the app.
    12-04-19 05:13 PM
    I'm pretty sure it was tossed because Apple would never allow the same type of integration one would expect from the app.
    Could very well be it. Although stranger things have happened!

Posted via my Passport
    12-04-19 06:02 PM
    I dual carry. Q5 and classic, plus bold 9900 as spare and LG slider feature phone (plus a samsung slider feature phone). Good to have backups in case something goes horribly wrong.

And plenty of battery power to go around to!! (why I dual carry in the first place).

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    12-04-19 07:20 PM
    What's 17 x $999?
    I think it could sell a few thousands, maybe even in the low 5 digits.

It would be the only modern slider on the market.

The blueprints and everything are already there. It's not that hard.
    12-04-19 07:47 PM
    I think it could sell a few thousands, maybe even in the low 5 digits.

It would be the only modern slider on the market.

The blueprints and everything are already there. It's not that hard.
    With those low numbers, it might as well be 12 or 17 since 100,000 Key2 isn’t worthwhile so it seems
    12-04-19 07:53 PM
    With those low numbers, it might as well be 12 or 17 since 100,000 Key2 isn’t worthwhile so it seems
    But this would be different. Virtually no R&D to go through, everything has been laid out back in 2015.

All they need is to put the KEY2's 660 with the 6GB RAM and load Oreo, that's literally it.
    12-04-19 08:01 PM
    But this would be different. Virtually no R&D to go through, everything has been laid out back in 2015.

All they need is to put the KEY2's 660 with the 6GB RAM and load Oreo, that's literally it.
    Doesn’t matter. Carrier testing and such becomes an expense I suspect because it’s not off the shelf parts and OS like Titan is
    12-04-19 08:04 PM
    Doesn’t matter. Carrier testing and such become it’s not off the shelf parts and OS like Titan is
    Never said it had to be sold through carriers, they abandoned the BlackBerry name.

I'm talking very small batches aimed at hardcore slider fans
    12-04-19 08:05 PM
    Never said it had to be sold through carriers, they abandoned the BlackBerry name.

It would be all new parts and all new drivers. Sure you'd have a general design, but you'd be pretty much starting from scratch. New vendors, new tooling, etc etc. Don't forget, TCL has no relationship with any of them - nor do they even own the design.

Besides, you can't just dump 2019 parts into a 2015 chassis. They all have different dimensions, power requirements, bus requirements, etc.

Have you ever tried to put new desktop components on a 4 year old motherboard? Gotta get a new one. Btw, the case doesn't fit anymore. Oh ya, and power supply and connectors need to change. The ram needs to be new - all new technology now.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-04-19 08:06 PM
    It would be all new parts and all new drivers. Sure you'd have a general design, but you'd be pretty much starting from scratch.
    What new parts aside from the processor? Okay the drivers, but how much can that really cost if a start-up like UniHertz is able to make very small quantity of a specialized device?
    Can't cost much more than that.
    The 808 is the main flaw of that phone and is the main thing that needs to be refreshed (and double the RAM but that shouldn't cost too much either).
    A better selfie cam would be a nice bonus but not required, and a glass rear camera lens instead of plastic should cost nothing.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-04-19 08:09 PM
    What new parts aside from the processor? Okay the drivers, but how much can that really cost if a start-up like UniHertz is able to make very small quantity of a specialized device?
    Can't cost much more than that.
    The 808 is the main flaw of that phone and is the main thing that needs to be refreshed (and double the RAM but that shouldn't cost too much either).
    A better selfie cam would be a nice bonus but not required, and a glass rear camera lens instead of plastic should cost nothing.
    Read the rest of my post that I filled in after.
    12-04-19 08:10 PM

I’m pretty sure device has to be carrier tested just for compatibility reasons. You’re not describing off the shelf and I’m not describing carrier sold ... you’d need to build it Unihertz style and you can see those weak numbers
    12-04-19 08:11 PM
    Read the rest of my post that I filled in after.
    I did, and I'm sorry but I'm still not convinced.

The inside of the Priv isn't necessarily smaller than most competitors as far as space for internals.

Aren't today's processors even smaller than the iterations before them?

Besides, the flexible back panel can leave more room for a few internals that would stick out a millimeter or so, if any.
    12-04-19 08:15 PM
    I did, and I'm sorry but I'm still not convinced.

The inside of the Priv isn't necessarily smaller than most competitors as far as space for internals.

Aren't today's processors even smaller than the iterations before them?

Besides, the flexible back panel can leave more room for a few internals that would stick out a millimeter or so, if any.
    Try to put a new CPU in a four year old motherboard and get back to me. New CPU requires new connector and chipset, thus requiring a new motherboard, thus requiring new power supply & ram, and on and on. It would be cheaper to build it from the inside out - not the other way around.

New battery dimensions alone would drastically change the shell.
    12-04-19 08:18 PM
    Stock Android Passport SE with top specs, excellent camera, no BB software except for a Hub that works just like BB10. That would be a dream device.
    You're forgetting the most important part: BEDSIDE MODE. This whole having to select when "do not disturb" is turned off is annoying me to no end with the key2.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-04-19 09:20 PM
    You're forgetting the most important part: BEDSIDE MODE. This whole having to select when "do not disturb" is turned off is annoying me to no end with the key2.
    BB10 had so many thoughtful features that were clearly designed with busy people in mind to help them IGNORE their phones without fuss when desired. For me, the unlimited notification profiles meant I could set a "Business Trip Sleep" profile which could best be described as

"DO NOT DISTURB UNLESS MY WIFE BBMS ME, WHICH MEANS IT'S AN EMERGENCY SO GO BATSH*T CRAZY"

Doing that on my KEYone with its measly three profiles means reconfiguring my "Priority" notifications in a handful of apps just to go to bed at night, then resetting them the next morning.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Suzeranne likes this.
    12-04-19 10:06 PM
    BB10 had so many thoughtful features that were clearly designed with busy people in mind to help them IGNORE their phones without fuss when desired. For me, the unlimited notification profiles meant I could set a "Business Trip Sleep" profile which could best be described as

"DO NOT DISTURB UNLESS MY WIFE BBMS ME, WHICH MEANS IT'S AN EMERGENCY SO GO BATSH*T CRAZY"

Doing that on my KEYone with its measly three profiles means reconfiguring my "Priority" notifications in a handful of apps just to go to bed at night, then resetting them the next morning.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    RIGHT?!? I'm so glad I'm not the only one who misses these thoughtful features. Bletch to constantly having remember to reset the priority notifications.
    12-04-19 10:14 PM
    RIGHT?!? I'm so glad I'm not the only one who misses these thoughtful features. Bletch to constantly having remember to reset the priority notifications.
    There are a number of notification profile apps available. Sound Profile by Corcanoe is one.
    12-04-19 10:23 PM
    How about go back to RIM-950 and a mobile phone... keep it on your hip and you'll actually be productive again. Maybe get rid of IG and FB while you are at it, we'll all be better without it.
    12-06-19 10:31 AM
    How about go back to RIM-950 and a mobile phone... keep it on your hip and you'll actually be productive again. Maybe get rid of IG and FB while you are at it, we'll all be better without it.
    So... the RIM-950 can run FB and IG??
    12-06-19 12:42 PM
    But my kids make fun of my holsters
    12-06-19 12:47 PM
    But my kids make fun of my holsters
    You could always get a man bra....
    12-06-19 01:31 PM
    You could always get a man bra....
    LMAO - that also sounds like something my daughters have already mentioned
    12-06-19 02:44 PM
50 12