My phone network has chose to replace my BB pearl 9105 with a brand new one of the same model as they cannot repair it. My questions are,
    Do they replace the charger and the battery or do I just get 'a new phone' with the battery from my old phone (which is okay- the battery is fine)
    or do they replace everything and just send you a new phone boxed with everything.

The network carrying out the repair is 3 mobile UK.
    02-12-12 03:30 PM
    i guess the phone only is brand new. you can continue using all the other stuff you have.
    you could contact them and ask them how it would work out.
    02-12-12 03:32 PM
    i guess the phone only is brand new. you can continue using all the other stuff you have.
    you could contact them and ask them how it would work out.
    See I'm a bit confused about it because they took my charger and battery away and left me with a battery door, memory card, sim card and headphones. So to me, it would just make more sense to send a whole new box? I dunno what you's think?
    02-12-12 03:35 PM
    See I'm a bit confused about it because they took my charger and battery away and left me with a battery door, memory card, sim card and headphones. So to me, it would just make more sense to send a whole new box? I dunno what you's think?
    Well if they toke the charger & battery then the assumption is that they would replace it all.
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 02-12-12 at 09:11 PM.
    02-12-12 03:53 PM
    yeah that could be, since i was only left behind with the battery + battery cover and all the other stuffs.
    only my phone was returned to exchange it for a new one, maybe their work-wise is different i'm not sure.
    but since all the others stuff weren't defective and they took it in, you could actually keep it.
    but i guess they will replace it all for you, or just return it later on with the phone lol.
    02-12-12 03:59 PM
    usually they replace the device, battery, and charger as those are the three points of failure (a faulty charger or battery can kill the phone). they give you a replacement kit which is cheaper to them as it is slightly smaller and does not include anything else (not even the cover, iirc)
    02-12-12 04:15 PM
    Generally when this has happened to me, they only replace the phone. The battery, battery cover, and charger i had to reuse with the new phone.
    02-12-12 04:27 PM
    How do they think you're going to use the battery cover if they're sending you a whole different model? lol.
    02-12-12 04:33 PM
    Generally when this has happened to me, they only replace the phone. The battery, battery cover, and charger i had to reuse with the new phone.
    yes, this has been my experience both at Verizon and at AT&T. With different devices.
    02-12-12 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD