If BlackBerry 10 is not a success, and not what everybody wants and LOVES, then what will happen?

Will you keep your old BlackBerry Phone?
    Settle with BlackBerry 10?
    Switch Platforms?

I have a Bold 9650 right now, and haven't upgraded to a BlackBerry 7 Phone because I want to see what BlackBerry 10 is all about. I really want the Bold 9930, but I am saving my upgrade for BB10. I just feel BB10 has to be awesome! I'm just curious to see what people will think of BB10. It has to be a hit or I think everybody will leave to another platform... RIM has to keep the consumers they have and also attract more in order to stay afloat. But I know I will stick with BlackBerry through thick and thin.

BLACKBERRY FOR LIFE!
    06-08-12 01:38 AM
    Windows 8
    06-08-12 02:03 AM
    The obvious i word..
    06-08-12 06:19 AM
    keep 9900 and/or try WP8.
    06-08-12 06:22 AM
    BB10 will be less than you want. But then, so is every other device you own. I'm realistic enough to understand BB10 is going to be a version 1.0 device and therefore will be lacking in features. That is OK, as long as the hardware features are there, I know the software will catch up.

Now, if RIM is forced out of the mobile phone business (i don't believe that will happen) or, if Microsoft finally gets Windows 8 Mobile up to snuff, I will certainly look at Windows 8.

Right now, there is no mobile OS that can touch QNX. Windows Mobile is too much for current hardware and Android is very immature. Is WebOS even on any devices? Not that I would consider WebOS when QNX is getting significant resources applied to it. iOS is not even in the same league with those other OSes.
    06-08-12 06:37 AM
    I actually think BB10 will be better than a lot of people are expecting it will be.

The problem is, when will it be released. Will the average consumer and non fanboys like/buy it. Will it be to late with the onslaught of Microsoft, google, Android, Samsung, etc...
    06-08-12 08:37 AM
    I'll wait for BB11 before I contemplate going to the other platforms.
    06-08-12 08:43 AM
    I'm excited about BlackBerry 10 just because I want to see it blow away the other platforms (and it will), but I plan on staying on BlackBerry 6 with my 9650 non-camera model. If I lose it or it gets stolen or something, maybe I'll get a little crazy and go with a 9930.
    06-08-12 08:49 AM
    Windows 8 for me as well. I love my BB and truly want to see them succeed but sometimes I can't help but think I'm missing a lot of potential functionality from the lack of apps the current BBOS has. They've just been very stale over the last few years so I'm truly hoping TAT can finally add some eye candy to BB, and that the new management team understands that apps need to be there upon launch.

If 3 years of development still doesn't lead to a great and relatively bug free product, then it's probably time I try something else to see what I'm missing...
    06-08-12 09:42 AM
    BB10 will be less than you want. But then, so is every other device you own. I'm realistic enough to understand BB10 is going to be a version 1.0 device and therefore will be lacking in features. That is OK, as long as the hardware features are there, I know the software will catch up.

Now, if RIM is forced out of the mobile phone business (i don't believe that will happen) or, if Microsoft finally gets Windows 8 Mobile up to snuff, I will certainly look at Windows 8.

Right now, there is no mobile OS that can touch QNX. Windows Mobile is too much for current hardware and Android is very immature. Is WebOS even on any devices? Not that I would consider WebOS when QNX is getting significant resources applied to it. iOS is not even in the same league with those other OSes.
    Well not really OS 1 cause the PB is the beginning of BB10 so it will be 3 or 4. If not BB 10 I'll look at win8. I will say no to iOS and android until android comes out of beta stage also and still not sure I would care for it. Maybe a dumb phone will have to do.
    06-08-12 09:54 AM
    From what I have seen so far with BB10 it looks pretty cool.

If I didn't like it I'd keep using my Bold....I probably would if I had a BB10 anyway.
    06-08-12 09:56 AM
    Don't we already have several threads talking about this?

Is there really nothing else to talk about?
    06-08-12 10:01 AM
    I will probably get a BB 10 at some point, but not at the initial launch. I really hope I can hold onto my 9860 till the end of my contract and just buy a new phone at that point.

I don't really see that being a big issue other than the fact that I like to upgrade lol.
    06-08-12 10:02 AM
    I'm excited about BlackBerry 10 just because I want to see it blow away the other platforms (and it will), but I plan on staying on BlackBerry 6 with my 9650 non-camera model. If I lose it or it gets stolen or something, maybe I'll get a little crazy and go with a 9930.
    I don't think it'll blow the others (iPhone & Android) away. It'll be able to compete with them, yes. But blow them away? Not anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 10:32 AM
    Don't we already have several threads talking about this?

Is there really nothing else to talk about?
    I have given up on that. http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-exist-728603/
    Griffin2012 likes this.
    06-08-12 10:39 AM
    Being on a corporate plan - I have no choice but to stay with my 9900, which isn't such a bad thing. I will have to stay on the sidelines when BB10 is released. I could always buy one for personal use - though I would be incurring another bill in doing so, so that is not likely.

At least I get to look forward to BB10 on the PlayBook - at some point in time. Otherwise - I'm perfectly happy on my 9900 at the moment.
    06-08-12 10:42 AM
    IF my preferred platform fails, I will snap up every last BB I can find and stay with them until BBerries are no longer supported.
    IF there is ever a day when BBerries are no longer supported I will probably go Android with a side of iOS. And never ever ever ever again keep ANY sensitive information on my device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    anon(4166778) likes this.
    06-08-12 10:59 AM
    Android for me, the phones are very advanced. Maybe a Samsung or HTC.
    06-08-12 11:05 AM
    If BlackBerry 10 is not a success, and not what everybody wants and LOVES, then what will happen?

Will you keep your old BlackBerry Phone?
    Settle with BlackBerry 10?
    Switch Platforms?
    Any of those three seems a decent choice, though I'd probably go with the second one. Bought an old Palm Treo 755p in order to downgrade if the first two choices seem to not be worth it (my next phone will have a physical keyboard).
    06-08-12 11:07 AM
    I've pretty much decided I'm going to get a BB10 device no matter what. I'm ASSUMING it'll be my daily driver, and I'll be keeping my Rezound as a secondary device. I have a feeling that high-end HTC devices are going to continue to have HUGE screens, which is a no go for me. Anything over 4.3" is too big for my tiny girlie hands (that's what she said).
    06-08-12 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD