A camera.
    A camera produces much better results and detail, than what a phone can do. I can't see what the hassle is though. During the week you're at work, and when you do go out or know you'll need a camera, it's easy to carry it around with less hassle. I see a lot of people making excuses that they shouldn't need to buy an actual camera. You either value the quality of the shot highly, or it's just an afterthought.
    11-04-19 11:08 PM
    A camera produces much better results and detail, than what a phone can do. I can't see what the hassle is though. During the week you're at work, and when you do go out or know you'll need a camera, it's easy to carry it around with less hassle. I see a lot of people making excuses that they shouldn't need to buy an actual camera. You either value the quality of the shot highly, or it's just an afterthought.
    Do you also carry a separate GPS with you to save battery? How about a separate MP3 player? they tend to have better audio hardware anyway

No, sorry, I would never carry a separate camera, because even at work a photo moment can pop up at any given time and I am not going to lug around a whole camera just for that, rather use the camera on me which is my phone, it does a great job and I am not making posters out of every single picture anyway. like wtf

I mean if I am THAT serious may as well also carry a camera bag with multiple lenses to, right? I mean what sort of serious photographer would walk around with just a random separate camera , you never know what the scene maybe, heck, bring along the friggin tripod to

Smartphones are about convergence and the convenience it brings with it. Having to lug around a camera is not convenient, especially if you want to share the picture you just took with your social circles via WhatsApp, iMessage, Facebook, Instagram etc.... with a separate camera you would literally have to go to a computer to get that done or have some WoFi connection to your phone once again needing your phone to do some work and waste more time OOOORRR you can just Click and Share in your phone in under 1 minute and be done with it. I’ll take the latter thanks.
    Last edited by Tsepz_GP; 11-04-19 at 11:30 PM.
    11-04-19 11:12 PM
    Do you also carry a separate GPS with you to save battery? How about a separate MP3 player? they tend to have better audio hardware anyway

No, sorry, I would never carry a separate camera, because even at work a photo moment can pop up at any given time and I am not going to lug around a whole camera just for that, rather use the camera on me which is my phone, it does a great job and I am not making posters out of every single picture anyway. like wtf

I mean if I am THAT serious may as well also carry a camera bag with multiple lenses to, right? I mean what sort of serious photographer would walk around with just a random separate camera , you never know what the scene maybe, heck, bring along the friggin tripod to

Smartphones are about convergence and the convenience it brings with it. Having to lug around a camera is not convenient, especially if you want to share the picture you just took with your social circles via WhatsApp, iMessage, Facebook, Instagram etc.... with a separate camera you would literally have to go to a computer to get that done or have some WoFi connection to your phone once again needing your phone to do some work and waste more time OOOORRR you can just Click and Share in your phone in under 1 minute and be done with it. I’ll take the latter thanks.
    It's easy to connect to a computer or through bluetooth and share. But my point before was that the key2 is good enough already for the quick point shoot and share moments. Nobody is going to be looking at your photo zooming all the way through and analysing noise levels and such. People click view for a second or 2 and move on.
    11-05-19 12:02 AM
    But my point before was that the key2 is good enough already for the quick point shoot and share moments.
    For $600, no it's not
    11-05-19 03:43 AM
    For $600, no it's not
    Stop being silly. I've posted pictured to instagram and social media to great effect. It does the job. If it were a samung or iphone, then you can nitpick about price, but you get more than a camera here.
    11-05-19 04:26 AM
    Stop being silly. I've posted pictured to instagram and social media to great effect. It does the job. If it were a samung or iphone, then you can nitpick about price, but you get more than a camera here.
    I agree that most camera phones are good enough for the daily user.
    I disagree that it is nitpicking about the price. The price is ridiculous for what you get.
    11-05-19 05:59 AM
    I disagree that it is nitpicking about the price. The price is ridiculous for what you get.
    The value received for the price is subjective. No different than high prices charged for other types of exotic products.

The low sales volumes suggest that not many consumers demand PKB however, that’s probably not due to price itself. That can be inferred from the fact that Key2 and Key2 LE price has remained steady near original price one year later.
    11-05-19 06:08 AM
    For $600, no it's not
    $650 lol... and $680 now over a year since launch
    11-05-19 07:22 AM

This.

I really enjoy the PKB and will defend the KEYBerry's where they excel, but I ain't carrying a separate device for all those things when one smartphone can do it all. The convenience gained is HUGE.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-05-19 07:24 AM
    You get A LOT more than a camera on a Samsung or iPhone, so what you are saying it seriously irrelevant bud.
    John Albert likes this.
    11-05-19 07:44 AM
    Well, I have the LE and I can barely see the light...

... the notification light
    Even then it beats the non-existent one on the iPhone.
    11-05-19 08:04 AM
    The value received for the price is subjective. No different than high prices charged for other types of exotic products.

The low sales volumes suggest that not many consumers demand PKB however, that’s probably not due to price itself. That can be inferred from the fact that Key2 and Key2 LE price has remained steady near original price one year later.
    Price is certainly subjective.
    11-05-19 09:10 AM
    Honestly, not even.

It's frustratingly bad.
    11-05-19 09:41 AM
    I’m not sure the two are in the same category of sales to compare.
    ???
    11-05-19 02:15 PM
    ???
    One outsells the other 1000:1.
    11-05-19 04:07 PM
    Almost no one wants a notification light.
    11-05-19 05:48 PM
    Value varies to what the user wants or appreciates. What I value, you either don't care about or have over looked. I can't get the same experience on any other phone, for several reasons.
    11-05-19 07:09 PM
    Value varies to what the user wants or appreciates. What I value, you either don't care about or have over looked. I can't get the same experience on any other phone, for several reasons.
    That’s very true. The question is, is it sustainable?
    11-05-19 07:10 PM
    LOL

Come on it's a 300$ mediocre phone. Slap a keyboard on it won't judge its $300 more. I know we value things differently, but 300$ price bumps is silly. Beside, it's also a mediocre keyboard at best..
    John Albert likes this.
    11-05-19 07:31 PM
    $650 lol... and $680 now over a year since launch
    Should be much cheaper than that.
    11-05-19 07:33 PM
    Yep, you must be right. Even Apple is getting into the game (even if it's on the wrong side). https://www.techradar.com/news/futur...fication-light
    11-05-19 08:55 PM
    Lol mediocre? The keyboard is among the best on a smartphone. The feel of it and it's features among other things I can't get on a galaxy or iphone.
    11-06-19 12:58 AM
    Lol mediocre? The keyboard is among the best on a smartphone. The feel of it and it's features among other things I can't get on a galaxy or iphone.
    Among what smartphone? Every manufacturers who claim that they make a phone with best in class camera always have competitors to begin with.

If blackberryMo could really make a great hardware, better camera, better wireless reception, stable OS, best integrity between workspaces, at a reasonable pricepoint. I would gladly back to use one. Not a mediocre device, slap on a keyboard with buggy capacitive, put a rubber and berry logo on the back, then sell it for 600$.
    Last edited by chain13; 11-06-19 at 06:47 AM.
    TgeekB and John Albert like this.
    11-06-19 01:18 AM
    Yep, you must be right. Even Apple is getting into the game (even if it's on the wrong side). https://www.techradar.com/news/futur...fication-light
    Interesting.
    It’s just a patent, many times which never see the light (pun intended) of day, but you never know!
    11-06-19 05:59 AM
    You mean almost no one cares about it enough to go out of their way to buy a phone that has one.

But if their phone had one and gave them the option to disable it, I really don't see why they wouldn't just leave it.

It's just useful and efficient
    tazcubed likes this.
    11-06-19 11:00 AM
555 ... 34567 ...