Oh hell naw! Why ruin such a great phone with that contraption!?
    Because physical keys feel gooooooooooood.

I briefly owned the S8 and that keyboard cover and if the KEY phones didn't exist, it would probably be what I'd be using to this day.

Also, since the Note 8 kind of had an underwhelming 3300mAh battery to power that giant display, using this keyboard case will make it that the pixels underneath the keyboard will remain off which should help with the display panel's consumption of battery.
    02-03-20 11:27 AM
    Because physical keys feel gooooooooooood.

I briefly owned the S8 and that keyboard cover and if the KEY phones didn't exist, it would probably be what I'd be using to this day.

Also, since the Note 8 kind of had an underwhelming 3300mAh battery to power that giant display, using this keyboard case will make it that the pixels underneath the keyboard will remain off which should help with the display panel's consumption of battery.
    Funnily enough the 3300mAh battery in the Note8 was not an issue, I remember it lasting almost as long as my S7 Edge which had a 3600mAh battery. Mine was an Exynos 8895 Note8 though, I believe the Samsung chips tended to be more efficient back then.
    02-03-20 11:45 AM
    Funnily enough the 3300mAh battery in the Note8 was not an issue, I remember it lasting almost as long as my S7 Edge which had a 3600mAh battery. Mine was an Exynos 8895 Note8 though, I believe the Samsung chips tended to be more efficient back then.
    Maybe, but still 3300mAh feels a bit short on a device with that kind of display.

Lowering the resolution to full HD is a must.
    02-03-20 01:14 PM
    Maybe, but still 3300mAh feels a bit short on a device with that kind of display.

Lowering the resolution to full HD is a must.
    Without a doubt it is a low battery capacity, ultimately the Note8 should have used the same 3600mAh battery as the S7 Edge, it would have been the perfect phone with that.

I’m lucky I didn’t keep the Note8 past the 18month mark as my main device as I am pretty sure things would have got ugly when the battery began degrading, the person I gave the Note8 to is VERY happy with it though.
    Last edited by Tsepz_GP; 02-03-20 at 01:28 PM.
    02-03-20 01:17 PM
    Without a doubt it is a low battery capacity, ultimately the Note8 should have used the same 3600mAh battery as the S7 Edge, it would have been the perfect phone with that.

I’m lucky I didn’t keep the Note8 past the 18month mark as my main device as I am pretty sure things would have got ugly when the battery began degrading, the person I gave the Note8 to is VERY happy with it though.
    Well, if they got it for free, I'm sure they were very happy lol.

At one point I almost pulled the trigger on a Note 8 just to try it out with the keyboard cover.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-03-20 01:39 PM
    Well, if they got it for free, I'm sure they were very happy lol.

At one point I almost pulled the trigger on a Note 8 just to try it out with the keyboard cover.
    Fantastic device, IMO. One of the best things Samsung has ever made, it was a great comeback from the Note7 fiasco.
    02-03-20 01:41 PM
    Fantastic device, IMO. One of the best things Samsung has ever made, it was a great comeback from the Note7 fiasco.
    The only things that were really compelling about the Note 9 coming from the 8 was the larger battery and moved fingerprint sensor.

Everything else about it was just a Note 8.

The reason I probably didn't end up purchasing one was probably because the only keyboard covers I could find are there ENG/KOR ones, the regular English QWERTY ones had been discontinued for a long long time.
    The keys would be kind of crowded with the Korean characters taking up most of the space, leaving little for the English ones and alt characters.

The buttons would have been larger than on the S8 keyboard cover though, which could have been nice to have.
    02-03-20 01:50 PM
    The only things that were really compelling about the Note 9 coming from the 8 was the larger battery and moved fingerprint sensor.

Everything else about it was just a Note 8.

The reason I probably didn't end up purchasing one was probably because the only keyboard covers I could find are there ENG/KOR ones, the regular English QWERTY ones had been discontinued for a long long time.
    The keys would be kind of crowded with the Korean characters taking up most of the space, leaving little for the English ones and alt characters.

The buttons would have been larger than on the S8 keyboard cover though, which could have been nice to have.
    That is an absolute shame for you, did they not make the keyboard covers for Note9?

Agreed by the way, Note9 was more like a Note8S
    02-03-20 01:58 PM
    That is an absolute shame for you, did they not make the keyboard covers for Note9?

Agreed by the way, Note9 was more like a Note8S
    No, unfortunately Samsung stopped making those keyboard covers right after the Note 8.

If they still made them, and had one for the S10e, I would have been all over it and my LE would be collecting dust at home, waiting to be used as a backup
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-03-20 02:16 PM
    I wouldn't expect any announcement - they simply won't release anything and will run out the clock on their contract.
    Nostradamus
    02-03-20 04:14 PM
    Nostradamus
    I never claimed to be. But now everyone can be happy that they got the announcement and no longer have to guess.
    02-03-20 04:18 PM
    I never claimed to be. But now everyone can be happy that they got the announcement and no longer have to guess.
    What announcement? Been away from CB for awhile

Edit: just saw the announcement. No surprise. Move along people, nothing to see here. I'm finally getting used to my note10+ with the BB apps installed
    Last edited by Tim-ANC; 02-15-20 at 12:45 PM.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-15-20 12:23 PM
    What announcement? Been away from CB for awhile

Edit: just saw the announcement. No surprise. Move along people, nothing to see here. I'm finally getting used to my note10+ with the BB apps installed
    Still waiting for you to post another identify this airplane part.....missed you.
    02-15-20 09:09 PM
    Still waiting for you to post another identify this airplane part.....missed you.
    Sorry Yama, been busy. I'll think of a riddle for you
    02-15-20 11:22 PM
    Well, just in case anyone is still around...

Dropped my K2 the other day and cracked the screen. I was going to get the Motorola razr, but I’m with T-Mobile and it didn’t make much sense for me to switch to Verizon. Went on the T-Mobile website and honestly just picked the phone that seemed the most interesting. Got the lg v60 dual screen. Big battery, good specs, headset port...good enough. It’s just another slab phone, so I feel like I could have just thrown a dart and landed on something similar. Maybe the dual screen will be cool to use?

End of an era for me. Wish me luck.
    03-27-20 01:28 AM

Dropped my K2 the other day and cracked the screen. I was going to get the Motorola razr, but I’m with T-Mobile and it didn’t make much sense for me to switch to Verizon. Went on the T-Mobile website and honestly just picked the phone that seemed the most interesting. Got the lg v60 dual screen. Big battery, good specs, headset port...good enough. It’s just another slab phone, so I feel like I could have just thrown a dart and landed on something similar. Maybe the dual screen will be cool to use?

End of an era for me. Wish me luck.
    You do realise it would not cost an arm and a leg to get the screen repaired at a shop right?

It's electronic waste to just replace the entire device because the screen got broken. I replaced a few screens, no big deal. Less than $150.
    03-27-20 01:37 AM
    The LG V-series is amazing, and had LG not screwed up 2 years in a row a few years back, and lost a bunch of marketshare which now prevents them from marketing, the V-series would be huge. Right now, few people really know about them, but they're hard to beat, especially for media creators and audio listeners (the DAC is incredible - equal to many higher-end external DACs).
    03-27-20 01:42 AM
    You do realise it would not cost an arm and a leg to get the screen repaired at a shop right?

It's electronic waste to just replace the entire device because the screen got broken. I replaced a few screens, no big deal. Less than $150.
    There’s more damage than just the screen, but in the end, I think this was just the incentive i needed to finally move on. I was patiently waiting for a K3, but since that’s not happening, I can’t justify spending money to fix a two year old phone that won’t be getting any future software upgrades.
    03-27-20 01:52 AM
    Thanks for the positivity, Troy! Haha. I’ve been watching some videos to get me a little more excited about it - I don’t think the woman who sold it to me has ever heard someone so depressed to be getting a brand new phone. I’ve never found my K2 to be laggy in any way, but it’ll be interesting to see what a “flagship” is like.
    03-27-20 01:56 AM
    We man. Sorry to hear. Any way to get the screen repaired?
    Good luck on the slab phone. I just can't see BlackBerrys disappearing from the world. Someone is going to have passion enough to bring it back. Let's hope. I sure would love a passport reboot. Or a mix between the Key line and passport.
    03-27-20 02:09 AM

Dropped my K2 the other day and cracked the screen. I was going to get the Motorola razr
    Or you could have just got the KEY2 screen replaced...

Replacement LCD's can be found for ~$30 on eBay

I can’t justify spending money to fix a two year old phone that won’t be getting any future software upgrades.
    I'd look at it like why not replace the screen on the best keyboard phone to date which works perfectly fine otherwise.
    03-27-20 06:59 AM
    Thanks for the positivity, Troy! Haha. I’ve been watching some videos to get me a little more excited about it - I don’t think the woman who sold it to me has ever heard someone so depressed to be getting a brand new phone. I’ve never found my K2 to be laggy in any way, but it’ll be interesting to see what a “flagship” is like.
    So why not just pick up another K2?
    03-31-20 12:48 AM
    Late to this discussion. Has anyone used the Titan Unihertz?
    04-01-20 08:02 PM
    Moving to a Note 10+ for the wife and I.
    04-05-20 10:55 AM
    Late to this discussion. Has anyone used the Titan Unihertz?
    I bought and use a Unihertz Titan. Absolutely love it. Typing this on it right now while my Classic, iPhone X and Note 8 are giving me the stink eye.
    04-05-20 03:30 PM
555 ... 20212223