What do you do at the beach? lol
    I have my music on an iPod. Still prefer having my music separate from my phone.

The apps are a pain..
    LOL

I would like the sd card so that is probably why I would go with the Samsung ...

How to photo's go to laptop? You need a storage? That is what I don't like.. storage. Like and icloud or whatever. It gets eaten up. Or you need to pay for more. A card is much nicer.

Google photo's, I tried that. what a PITA. Really hard to get from phone to laptop and it really gets eaten up for size before it's full
    I use a cloud syncing program for my art business, so I usually use that to grab photos I need. Fairly convenient. Agree, using Google photo's wasn't as convenient, but I've used it, too.
    01-15-20 08:31 AM
    (apps are a pain for taking space.. is all I meant)

I have my music on an iPod. Still prefer having my music separate from my phone.
    So with iPods you need different cords and music players ect that don't work with BB or Android. It's better, and years ago, difficult.
    I wasn't spending money on all of that. I actually did win a ipod at works, years ago... still have it. Hardly used because it's a pain to put music on, on windows.

I kinda of prefer it all in one place. On phone. Less to carry when I want to take it with me.

I use a cloud syncing program for my art business, so I usually use that to grab photos I need. Fairly convenient. Agree, using Google photo's wasn't as convenient, but I've used it, too.
    So google is terrible. I have no interest in using it. I will be forced, at some point, go use something other than a card. And I am not paying for a service. I'll go without a phone, before I do that.
    01-15-20 08:52 AM
    Why? Not to long and no one will be here
    Hi there ;-)
    01-15-20 09:34 AM
    Extending useful service of legacy products is one mission enthusiast groups typically pursue. For many products. Has CB been TOO poisoned by antagonism toward BB's legacy platforms? Even after there are no "living" platforms to drive legacy userbase to??

CB seems uniquely positioned to assist BB legacy in pursuit of life after BB et al. Imo. Fwiw. Should they choose.
    01-15-20 01:32 PM
    The problem is not the users here - the problem is that many of BB's biggest strengths because difficult or impossible obstacles when BB LTD is no longer providing support or services, unlike most other defunct platforms that are much more open. BB's security features and dependence on BB infrastructure is unique, and very problematic for community support.

And there's also the hardware issues. All of the BBOS and BB10 devices are past their planned-for lifespans, and carrier technology changes are already making them unusable on some carriers, and that will continue to be a growing problem as each day passes.

Developers understand those issues, and most just aren't very interested in doing anything for BB10 because there are so many problems that can't be overcome and because the hardware is quickly growing obsolete.
    01-15-20 04:07 PM
    As a blackberry type 2 PKB BlackBerry Android person, I'll keep tapping away for 2020 and probably as long as I can. If no BlackBerry, I'll pick another PKB if decent or might even look at the new MS Duo...
    Is there any except for Titan? Titan is way far much worse
    01-15-20 04:39 PM
    Is there any except for Titan? Titan is way far much worse
    There's the Cosmo Communicator (horizontal clamshell) and the fx Pro (horizontal slider), and the Titan. None of them have sold more than 4 figures.
    John Albert likes this.
    01-15-20 08:35 PM
    Well, MWC is right around the corner, and TCL is having a conference a couple days before the show. Assuming they unveil all their other phones, and no K3, I think that'll be the final nail in the coffin.

I still have NO idea what my next handset is going to be. Even though I hate the idea of replacing my K2 with another K2, I thought maybe getting the red edition would lessen the blow. Highly unlikely that the K2 will be getting any OS upgrades though? I really like the native gestures that are in Android 10.

It's so weird - I've been using a BlackBerry for the last 14 years, so the thought of BlackBerry phones ceasing to exist is still so off-putting.
    01-17-20 12:43 AM
    Well, MWC is right around the corner, and TCL is having a conference a couple days before the show. Assuming they unveil all their other phones, and no K3, I think that'll be the final nail in the coffin.

I still have NO idea what my next handset is going to be. Even though I hate the idea of replacing my K2 with another K2, I thought maybe getting the red edition would lessen the blow. Highly unlikely that the K2 will be getting any OS upgrades though? I really like the native gestures that are in Android 10.

It's so weird - I've been using a BlackBerry for the last 14 years, so the thought of BlackBerry phones ceasing to exist is still so off-putting.
    The Red KEY2 would be a good choice, and should last quite a long time before you'd really need to move on to something else.

Aside from that, supporting with our wallet any PKB device that may arise (no matter who makes it) would probably help keep this near-extinct form factor alive
    01-17-20 07:42 AM
    this is also my sentiment, however I have a few prospects if no news emerges within a month. I won't be venturing into ios products, because I want to be able to have more control over my device than apple allows me to. So no pkb anymore, which I will severly miss, but I simply need security updates. The market is there TCL, all key1s need to switch, and soon all key2s too. I'm currently considering sony xperia 5. Nice phone holdable in 1 hand with a different aspect ratio tha your average slab. Sony doesn't do a lot of bloat on android, and is a company who I like and support, they do innovative things without huge advertising budgets.
    01-22-20 07:37 AM
    There's the Cosmo Communicator (horizontal clamshell) and the fx Pro (horizontal slider), and the Titan. None of them have sold more than 4 figures.
    Sadly
    01-25-20 02:47 PM
    I've been using the S10e for almost three weeks now and while I'm loving the former factor, flagship specs and awesome camera, I'm finding that typing feels a bit cramped on the BlackBerry vkb, making me prone to too many typos.

I picked up my Note 8 the other day and when i thumbed out an email, I basked in the glory of all that extra screen real estate! The BlackBerry vkb on the Note 8 is pure luxury! Unfortunately the only thing that has prevented me from using the Note 8 as my daily was its size... just too big!

Enter the Note 10 (not 10 plus). I've played with one at the local Samsung Experience store and it is gorgeous; with the exact same physical dimensions as the KEY2 to boot! So as soon as the S20 gets released, I'll be on the hunt for a Note 10 dual Sim for a bargain price and that will be my next daily.

Unless, of course, hell freezes over, the Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup and BlackBerry returns to the handset business and announces a Passport 2 running Android 11.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-25-20 03:33 PM
    I've been using the S10e for almost three weeks now and while I'm loving the former factor, flagship specs and awesome camera, I'm finding that typing feels a bit cramped on the BlackBerry vkb, making me prone to too many typos.

I picked up my Note 8 the other day and when i thumbed out an email, I basked in the glory of all that extra screen real estate! The BlackBerry vkb on the Note 8 is pure luxury! Unfortunately the only thing that has prevented me from using the Note 8 as my daily was its size... just too big!

Enter the Note 10 (not 10 plus). I've played with one at the local Samsung Experience store and it is gorgeous; with the exact same physical dimensions as the KEY2 to boot! So as soon as the S20 gets released, I'll be on the hunt for a Note 10 dual Sim for a bargain price and that will be my next daily.

Unless, of course, hell freezes over, the Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup and BlackBerry returns to the handset business and announces a Passport 2 running Android 11.
    You have a Note 8??

You NEED this!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F222666021182

Also, on my S10e I found that for two handed typing, I like to use BB VKB with swiping disabled, and for one handed use, Gboard with swiping.

Best combo
    01-25-20 07:40 PM
    You have a Note 8??

You NEED this!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F222666021182

Also, on my S10e I found that for two handed typing, I like to use BB VKB with swiping disabled, and for one handed use, Gboard with swiping.

Best combo
    Lol! No thanks. I'm not aversed to the vkb so am not dying for the pkb.

I'll try disabling swipe gestures on the BlackBerry vkb. Thanks for the tip!
    John Albert and Tsepz_GP like this.
    01-25-20 08:00 PM
    Lol! No thanks. I'm not aversed to the vkb so am not dying for the pkb.

I'll try disabling swipe gestures on the BlackBerry vkb. Thanks for the tip!
    Come on, aren't you curious about this keyboard case?
    01-25-20 08:08 PM
    Come on, aren't you curious about this keyboard case?
    I'm not $73 CAD curious!
    the_boon and John Albert like this.
    01-25-20 08:13 PM
    I'm not $73 CAD curious!
    Fair enough, especially since these have the Korean characters with the English and regular alr character, so the keys will look quite crowded
    01-25-20 08:19 PM
    If no Key3? Then I will simply use a Key2LE and call it a day. I am, however, really hoping that there will be at least one more BlackBerry Mobile device...
    02-02-20 11:23 PM
    Maybe the essential gem phone
    02-02-20 11:55 PM
    If no Key 3 then Unihertz Titan, got mine on preorder... :-)
    02-03-20 04:20 AM

The Note8 is a gargantuan piece of kit I had one and absolutely loved that thing, built like a tank. Pity Samsung are not bringing Android 10 to it (as of this writing).

The Note10 is great to, that screen is incredibly immersive!
    02-03-20 10:11 AM
    If no Key 3 then Unihertz Titan, got mine on preorder... :-)
    I think it's clear now there won't be a KEY3 from BBMo....
    02-03-20 10:30 AM
    I think it's clear now there won't be a KEY3 from BBMo....
    Yeah, sad day... I still have my Keyone BE and will continue to use it until the hardware fails... Would have bought another Blackberry phone if I thought there was a future... Will do what I must to get a PKB so have plumped for the Titan... I know I would have loved the Key2 and may get one too if prices drop but don't expect that will happen... :-(
    02-03-20 10:48 AM
    The Note8 is a gargantuan piece of kit I had one and absolutely loved that thing, built like a tank. Pity Samsung are not bringing Android 10 to it (as of this writing).

The Note10 is great to, that screen is incredibly immersive!
    We all know what the best part about the Note 8 was...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/352177863258
    02-03-20 11:03 AM
    We all know what the best part about the Note 8 was...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/352177863258
    Oh hell naw! Why ruin such a great phone with that contraption!?
    02-03-20 11:21 AM
555 ... 1920212223