Lol, would be very strange for your doctor to request that, not quite sure where you get that idea from.

This is all up to you, much like owning a smartphone in general.
    You literally said:

"I have no doubt that in the next 5 years everyone here will need to have a smart watch, if not for productivity then for the Health aspect alone, some medical funds may set it as a requirement and some doctors may want you to use one so that they can have a Real-Time feed of how you are doing e.g. after a major procedure. People with existing heart problems or in a family that’s known for them will also need to invest in one. People who suffer from any sort of chronic illness, chronic pain etc.... or if you are just a health nut wanting to get precise measurements of your daily routine and calorie management"

So you claim you know what "everyone here" will need - a smartwatch for the "health aspect"

My argument is that if my doctor ever got that lazy, requiring me to wear an Apple watch, I'd move on.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-02-20 05:22 PM
    You literally said:

"I have no doubt that in the next 5 years everyone here will need to have a smart watch, if not for productivity then for the Health aspect alone, some medical funds may set it as a requirement and some doctors may want you to use one so that they can have a Real-Time feed of how you are doing e.g. after a major procedure. People with existing heart problems or in a family that’s known for them will also need to invest in one. People who suffer from any sort of chronic illness, chronic pain etc.... or if you are just a health nut wanting to get precise measurements of your daily routine and calorie management"

So you claim you know what "everyone here" will need - a smartwatch for the "health aspect"

My argument is that if my doctor ever got that lazy, requiring me to wear an Apple watch, I'd move on.
    I said Medical Funds MAY set it as a requirement and that doctors may want you to use one, but not that you will have to.

I don’t see how it’s lazy for a Doctor to get real-time data of their patient? Or am I missing something in what you are saying?
    01-02-20 05:39 PM
    Key2 hasn't done as well as keyòne.So doesn't look like a Key3 shouldn't be the next phone.
    Priv2 slider with a beefed up battery from the original Priv.
    Even something based on the Titan from Unihertz. Smaller something like a Passport 2.
    BlackBerry need to think outside the box.Something thats different to Samsung or Apple.
    01-11-20 07:53 PM
    Key2 hasn't done as well as keyòne.So doesn't look like a Key3 shouldn't be the next phone.
    Priv2 slider with a beefed up battery from the original Priv.
    Even something based on the Titan from Unihertz. Smaller something like a Passport 2.
    BlackBerry need to think outside the box.Something thats different to Samsung or Apple.
    BlackBerry went outside the box of mobile hardware by leaving the business. It now appears that BlackBerry Mobile possibly may do the same
    01-11-20 08:48 PM
    Hope they don't stop with Qwerty Phones.Even if TCL take it all over.Watching the Titan closely but think it's a big and heavy for me.I found the Priv a bit heavy also.
    chain13 and the_boon like this.
    01-12-20 12:32 AM
    Hope they don't stop with Qwerty Phones.Even if TCL take it all over.Watching the Titan closely but think it's a big and heavy for me.I found the Priv a bit heavy also.
    If you really like PKB and haven’t grabbed the Key2, probably a good idea as i don’t think we’ll see anymore from anyone.
    Gtrxuone likes this.
    01-12-20 09:27 AM
    I would not do an iPhone, I don't want to change all my music and have the Apple world in my life.

Probably a Samsung S10+

Or get ride of my phone.

I would prefer BlackBerry do something. They need a good phone to hook up with their cars stuff.
    01-12-20 02:59 PM
    I would not do an iPhone, I don't want to change all my music and have the Apple world in my life.

Probably a Samsung S10+

Or get ride of my phone.

I would prefer BlackBerry do something. They need a good phone to hook up with their cars stuff.
    BlackBerry doesn’t really have anything per se. It’s all QNX which is more agnostic to any specific anything. There’s zero advantage to BlackBerry with QNX and that’s message BlackBerry doesn’t ever want changed. QNX benefits from it’s compatibly across the spectrum and it’s why BlackBerry Enterprise focused strategy doesn’t concern itself with anything consumers mobile related.
    01-12-20 04:20 PM
    I switched from a Motion to a Pixel 3 a few months ago. I've loved the VKB since the Z10 and never looked back for a PKB (though I had the Priv). I admit to loving the Pixel 3. I subscribed to the BB app suite and used Cobalt's app to get the VKB. Makes me happy to still have that.
    01-13-20 12:22 PM
    I switched from a Motion to a Pixel 3 a few months ago. I've loved the VKB since the Z10 and never looked back for a PKB (though I had the Priv). I admit to loving the Pixel 3. I subscribed to the BB app suite and used Cobalt's app to get the VKB. Makes me happy to still have that.
    How you get music on that, with an sd card? It just eats up your space to not have a card to use.

I saw many post on YT from phone guys that didn't like the long term uses of this phone. It got slow and laggy.
    01-13-20 12:28 PM
    If no new BlackBerry, ever

How do you change your Password Keeper to something else?

It is not easy to go from one password keeper, to another.

I really thought TCL was making its plex as a starter and their next, better phone, would be an awesome new BlackBerry. Having doubts about this

It is surreal to think it may be 100% done. I thought if tcl didn't work, they would try elsewhere.
    01-13-20 01:43 PM
    Where will Chuck and me have out secret affair ...how will Conite tell everyone to factory reset their phones ...who will save us like Dune, Dune, Dune when the only answer is factor reset... where will Bla1ze go?
    01-13-20 02:03 PM
    I said Medical Funds MAY set it as a requirement and that doctors may want you to use one, but not that you will have to.

I don’t see how it’s lazy for a Doctor to get real-time data of their patient? Or am I missing something in what you are saying?
    I haven't worn a watch in 30 years... and I don't want to wear one.

But the bottom line is there are a number of things they can do now and will soon be able to do... that will help a user and their doctor to better monitor know or possible health conditions. Apple is working with researcher and the FDA on a number of possible health monitoring solutions. I would not be surprised if Doctors don't start suggesting that patients with Heart Conditions, Sleep Disorders or Diabetes start wearing one - well once they get FDA approval.

Fitbit's CEO (at the time) is pushing their future as a "health company" not as a wearable company. Has plans for a number of health services based on the data collected by their devices... even thinks people will pay a subscription for these services - in addition to the devices. All that juicy health data about people.... no wonder Google jumped on them.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-13-20 03:00 PM
    I haven't worn a watch in 30 years... and I don't want to wear one.

But the bottom line is there are a number of things they can do now and will soon be able to do... that will help a user and their doctor to better monitor know or possible health conditions. Apple is working with researcher and the FDA on a number of possible health monitoring solutions. I would not be surprised if Doctors don't start suggesting that patients with Heart Conditions, Sleep Disorders or Diabetes start wearing one - well once they get FDA approval.

Fitbit's CEO (at the time) is pushing their future as a "health company" not as a wearable company. Has plans for a number of health services based on the data collected by their devices... even thinks people will pay a subscription for these services - in addition to the devices. All that juicy health data about people.... no wonder Google jumped on them.
    Agreed.

Regarding Google, they have done a horrific job with WearOS, but as is always the case with Google, their first time is always awful and then after a few more times around they absolutely smash it out the park!
    01-13-20 03:03 PM
    How you get music on that, with an sd card? It just eats up your space to not have a card to use.

I saw many post on YT from phone guys that didn't like the long term uses of this phone. It got slow and laggy.
    I don't put music on my phones, so not an issue for me. What was an issue was the Motion's limited 32GB vs the 64GB on the Pixel. While I kept pics and videos on my SD card, just apps and their data crept up and i was always at the 32GB limit...and could not move that data to an SD card.

As for lag, I know it's a year old phone, but 1. newer than my 2+ year old Motion 2. It's far faster than the Motion and it has the current Android, of which my Motion was two versions behind. 3. The camera is incredibly good. The Motion's camera is terrible and it was another major problem for me.

Mind you, I loved my Motion. And, it'd be nice if the Pixel 3 had an SD card slot. It was something I could sacrifice, considering I kept the water resistant feature (one reason I didn't get a Pixel 3a).
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-13-20 03:23 PM
    I don't put music on my phones, so not an issue for me. .
    What do you do at the beach? lol

What was an issue was the Motion's limited 32GB vs the 64GB on the Pixel. While I kept pics and videos on my SD card, just apps and their data crept up and i was always at the 32GB limit...and could not move that data to an SD card.
    The apps are a pain..

As for lag, I know it's a year old phone, but 1. newer than my 2+ year old Motion 2. It's far faster than the Motion and it has the current Android, of which my Motion was two versions behind. 3. The camera is incredibly good. The Motion's camera is terrible and it was another major problem for me.

Mind you, I loved my Motion. And, it'd be nice if the Pixel 3 had an SD card slot. It was something I could sacrifice, considering I kept the water resistant feature (one reason I didn't get a Pixel 3a).
    I would like the sd card so that is probably why I would go with the Samsung ...

How to photo's go to laptop? You need a storage? That is what I don't like.. storage. Like and icloud or whatever. It gets eaten up. Or you need to pay for more. A card is much nicer.

Google photo's, I tried that. what a PITA. Really hard to get from phone to laptop and it really gets eaten up for size before it's full
    01-13-20 07:58 PM
    Where will Chuck and me have out secret affair ...how will Conite tell everyone to factory reset their phones ...who will save us like Dune, Dune, Dune when the only answer is factor reset... where will Bla1ze go?
    If we tell everyone where, it’s not a secret. Unless it’s already happened.

Things that make you go hmmmm
    01-13-20 09:32 PM
    My "smartwatch" resides in palm of hand. Where thumb on same hand can reach & operate it... Superbly available functionality. Many nights in sleeping hand. It's called a Bold... Lol.

Question: if supersized slab form is SOooo overwhelmingly PERFECT for EVERYthing, how can "smartwatches" compete? Lol.
    01-14-20 05:28 AM
    If no Key3 LOL...
    01-14-20 07:24 AM
    If we tell everyone where, it’s not a secret. Unless it’s already happened.

Things that make you go hmmmm
    You have many secrets
    01-14-20 09:28 AM
    My "smartwatch" resides in palm of hand. Where thumb on same hand can reach & operate it... Superbly available functionality. Many nights in sleeping hand. It's called a Bold... Lol.

Question: if supersized slab form is SOooo overwhelmingly PERFECT for EVERYthing, how can "smartwatches" compete? Lol.
    These gigantic slabs are far from perfect.

They require a case and screen protector at all times because it's so easy to drop them since you can't get a secure grip on them.

Also, they force the user to have to awkwardly stretch their hand to reach certain parts of the display.
    01-14-20 01:13 PM
    You have many secrets
    Sshh, members are watching
    01-14-20 01:23 PM
    Sshh, members are watching
    I think it's time to get a room. ;-)

Posted via my beautiful priv
    01-14-20 01:34 PM
    I think it's time to get a room. ;-)

Posted via my beautiful priv
    Why? Not to long and no one will be here
    01-14-20 02:17 PM