Rhetorical questions are supposed to be left unanswered!!!!!!!!!

LOL
    I can't help it
    12-07-19 11:31 AM
    Weren’t articles like this written before Moore and his ilk made legends by disproving?
    No, Moore would confirm that we can't change the laws of physics. There are engineering problems and physical problems. Given enough time and resources, we can solve virtually all engineering problems, but no amount of engineering will solve a physical problem.

No device will ever be made by any civilization that will let you collapse the sun to the size of a marble and carry it in your pocket, for example. Similarly, when the paths for electrons becomes so narrow that random quantum effects prevent your from sending accurate electrical signals, you can no longer use the solid state electronics technology that has transformed our lives.

Despite what Hallmark postcards say, there really are limits to what we can do in our universe!

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-07-19 11:45 AM
    No, Moore would confirm that we can't change the laws of physics. There are engineering problems and physical problems. Given enough time and resources, we can solve virtually all engineering problems, but no amount of engineering will solve a physical problem.

No device will ever be made by any civilization that will let you collapse the sun to the size of a marble and carry it in your pocket, for example. Similarly, when the paths for electrons becomes so narrow that random quantum effects prevent your from sending accurate electrical signals, you can no longer use the solid state electronics technology that has transformed our lives.

Despite what Hallmark postcards say, there really are limits to what we can do in our universe!

DreamKiller
    12-07-19 12:18 PM
    Either a key2 or a galaxy s10
    12-07-19 12:34 PM
    For me controlled access to some of my data, based on how I utilize and set up my phone, is absolutely worth it to me. The services I receive from google, the ways in which it improves my life or makes it easier is well worth it. In fact, I have to admit, I don’t see how it has affected my life negatively.

I fully respect and understand your opinion though.
    Fair enough, but I think you're selling yourself short. Google and other companies make thousands of dollars from your data and give you a few dollar's worth of free services in return.

I like Google. But I limit the data I share with them, and I pay them for the services I rely on with cash rather than my private information. For example, I don't share photos, contacts, my real world identity or my location on public or free platforms.

I have too many friends and clients who have been doxed, harassed, hacked or worse. They never thought it would happen to them until it did.
    12-07-19 12:36 PM
    I'll hold onto my KeyOne Black and move to any successor of the Unihertz: Titan if not the first iteration of the rugged Titan itself.

Attachment 446521
    These guys should just call the last remaining staff member at BlackBerry and license their keyboard for $14.79.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-18-19 05:13 PM
    You are absolutely right, all this convenience is terrible, who wants a smartphone or a watch with GPS when they can just have a map and hope it's not outdated?
    Who needs 5G when they can just have good ol' dial-up!?
    Heck, why do we even need internet!? Encyclopedias were so great that you had the challenge of them being outdated the same day you bought them.
    All these fancy computers when Typewriters were just fine, aaaaaand "the man" cannot track those!

Damn all these companies and their technology for "the man" to listen to us and track us!

I have seen the light now and totally understand where you and bb10adopter111 are going with this...
    [IMG=320x240]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191202/bbc7dd4795467a07c9e146a2635de6a9.jpg[/url]
    Love the reply. Still laughing.

Not sure you are getting the point. Had to think of this conversation this week when my wife called the satnav refused to start and she was stuck somewhere in the farmlands even if she has been there many times before.

Enjoy the weekend and upcoming holiday season!
    12-20-19 03:18 PM
    Nokia 7.5, assuming Nokia keeps numbering their phones this way.
    Back to OT

Nokia 7.2 came in today to replace the Lumina I service.

Lets see how that conversion will go.
    John Albert likes this.
    12-20-19 03:27 PM
    Love the reply. Still laughing.

Not sure you are getting the point. Had to think of this conversation this week when my wife called the satnav refused to start and she was stuck somewhere in the farmlands even if she has been there many times before.

Enjoy the weekend and upcoming holiday season!
    I get you we’ve become far too reliant.

The thing is how far is too far?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-20-19 03:28 PM
    my Canadian cell plan is up for renewal and that is when we can get "deal" on hardware upgrades, right now the LG G8 X dual screen thing looks interesting and affordable, or a Pixel 3XL , as I see no new Blackberrys coming our way...love my KEY2 but want a bigger screen.....sigh....
    12-21-19 10:45 AM
    my Canadian cell plan is up for renewal and that is when we can get "deal" on hardware upgrades, right now the LG G8 X dual screen thing looks interesting and affordable, or a Pixel 3XL , as I see no new Blackberrys coming our way...love my KEY2 but want a bigger screen.....sigh....
    I would not touch the LG, Pixel 3 XL on the other hand is not so bad.

I’d recommend a OnePlus 6T or OnePlus 7T, both get better support than LG.
    12-21-19 11:42 AM
    I certainly don't disagree, but choice is limited to what devices my carrier provides...No OnePlus available thru Bell Mobility....
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-21-19 12:12 PM

Not in the USA but I’m just qualifying the statement. I believe you responded to a Canadian user so I have no idea elsewhere. In USA, LG has strong carrier sales and customer support. That’s only because LG is used by the carriers as wedge for negotiating against Google and Samsung units.

I certainly don't disagree, but choice is limited to what devices my carrier provides...No OnePlus available thru Bell Mobility....
    And there you go....
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-21-19 12:14 PM
    That is a difficult one, no Samsung’s? Update support on LG just isn’t the best from what I have seen.
    12-21-19 12:19 PM
    I'm just not a Samsung fan, kinda like my IPhone aversion.... lol
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-21-19 12:24 PM
    These guys should just call the last remaining staff member at BlackBerry and license their keyboard for $14.79.
    They should try, sure. But BlackBerry will laugh at them and counter for a $2M upfront fee and $10 per unit. Anything less is a distraction and not worth the effort for a declining put of their business. A small crowd-sourced phone has anything to offer BlackBerry besides money, so they had better bring a truck.

12-21-19 12:44 PM

I have a G8 (not dual screen) and it is a fine phone. I'd advise a custom launcher but otherwise the software load is ok and the screen is gorgeous.
    Tsepz_GP and chris1h like this.
    12-21-19 03:44 PM
    That is a difficult one, no Samsung’s? Update support on LG just isn’t the best from what I have seen.
    I got 2 OS updates (Nougat to Pie) on my V30, so it's not terrible, but also not at the front of the pack.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-21-19 04:40 PM
    I got 2 OS updates (Nougat to Pie) on my V30, so it's not terrible, but also not at the front of the pack.
    Indeed.
    The V30 was my favourite LG, damn near perfect build (size and overall design).
    12-21-19 05:18 PM

Hell nawww, I recommend the OnePlus 6, the finest phone from that brand.

The 6T is the most useless phone they've churned out, it takes away features from the 6 (headphone jack, notification LED) and brings a very finicky under screen fingerprint sensor that everybody hates lol.
    It's also much heavier and bigger, and the 6 is just about as big as a slab should get.

The only good thing about it is the extra 400mAh of battery, that's literally it.

The 7T has the most atrocious looking Camera setup, just for that I couldn't recommend it. And of course it's also even heavier and bigger than the 6T which was already big enough.

The 7 is basically a 6T

That leaves us with the 7 Pro, the only one worth getting aside from the 6, but they won't be in the same price range
    12-21-19 06:07 PM
    Hell nawww, I recommend the OnePlus 6, the finest phone from that brand.

The 6T is the most useless phone they've churned out, it takes away features from the 6 (headphone jack, notification LED) and brings a very finicky under screen fingerprint sensor that everybody hates lol.
    It's also much heavier and bigger, and the 6 is just about as big as a slab should get.

The only good thing about it is the extra 400mAh of battery, that's literally it.

The 7T has the most atrocious looking Camera setup, just for that I couldn't recommend it. And of course it's also even heavier and bigger than the 6T which was already big enough.

The 7 is basically a 6T

That leaves us with the 7 Pro, the only one worth getting aside from the 6, but they won't be in the same price range
    But what did you think of the PKB on those slabs?
    12-21-19 06:28 PM
    But what did you think of the PKB on those slabs?
    Lol, they're no replacement for my KEYBerry's, I just appreciate them for what they are.

Slabs are great... except when they don't leave room for other form factors
    12-21-19 06:53 PM
    Back to OT

Nokia 7.2 came in today to replace the Lumina I service.

Lets see how that conversion will go.
    Fwiw. Nokia 7.2. Typically it does everything just a bit faster than my K2LE. No strong opinion on sound and camera being better or worse.

And it makes for a perfect Winphone replacement even an 80+ can deal with

If no KEY3, what will you get?-img_4716.jpgIf no KEY3, what will you get?-img_4717.jpg
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-02-20 09:10 AM
    Considering the convenience, health and functionality one gets out of a smart watch? I’d say well worth it, and note that with an Apple Watch I have a whole lot of things activated e.g. Outlook, Nike Run Club for my daily run, along with Activity tracker to track my exercise and calorie burn , Wallet to manage my flight Boarding Passes, Uber, music controls etc... The fact that I get the battery life I get is great.

But hey, different strokes and all that.

I have no doubt that in the next 5 years everyone here will need to have a smart watch, if not for productivity then for the Health aspect alone, some medical funds may set it as a requirement and some doctors may want you to use one so that they can have a Real-Time feed of how you are doing e.g. after a major procedure. People with existing heart problems or in a family that’s known for them will also need to invest in one. People who suffer from any sort of chronic illness, chronic pain etc.... or if you are just a health nut wanting to get precise measurements of your daily routine and calorie management.

Considering the advancements being made in wearables and more so Smart Watches, they are the next major area of growth of technology, particularly for the health, medical and security industries.

It goes further than just being some supposed plastic thingy that needs to be charged but rather a growing necessity that some will need to wear alongside their classic timepieces.

Then again this is like when GPS was new in phones and many claimed they didn’t need GPS in their phone....
    Lol,

The second my doctor in my private clinic tells me to get an Apple watch, I'll pull my $3k annual fee and move on.

I've survived 39 years without Apple products, and I plan to live at least 40 more years....
    01-02-20 05:09 PM
    Lol,

The second my doctor in my private clinic tells me to get an Apple watch, I'll pull my $3k annual fee and move on.

I've survived 39 years without Apple products, and I plan to live at least 40 more years....
    Lol, would be very strange for your doctor to request that, not quite sure where you get that idea from.

This is all up to you, much like owning a smartphone in general.
    01-02-20 05:11 PM
555 ... 1718192021 ...