Huawei Watch GT2, Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2, Garmin Forerunner 945 etc etc etc.... All will get you what you want. I'd suggest checking out some YouTube videos.

Not at all trying to convince you to get one, but I am making an argument for what is a huge growth point in Mobile, I find mine super convenient I didn't know how good these things could be until I got that very basic Huawei Band 2 Pro for free and then realised that they are very useful and thus went and purchased a more full fledged watch.

Here are some good ones:

Nice, I'll have a look!

Oh, one more thing:

Do any of these watches have a notification LED ?

Also, I was thinking about one of these compact keyboards to use with a smartwatch to reply to messages etc

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F254405461772
    12-02-19 10:55 AM
    Is the man tracking me too? .
    I don't know if the man is tracking you, but he's definitely double posting your rants!
    12-02-19 11:10 AM
    Is the man tracking me too? LOL - while I understand people disliking less privacy, how would one expect to get customized user experience without unique identifiers. We deal with these situations everyday in our lives. Our neighbors and their cameras, license plate readers, GPS tracking on vehicles by lienholders, carrier location on ISP and not just mobile.

Everyone is free to not participate in society but can’t be upset when society doesn’t play along.
    You have to understand, these guys are the ultimate internet ninjas, “the man” cannot track anything they do.

They somehow have smartphones, computers, cars, ID (social security) numbers, bank accounts etc..... and live normal lives but are ghosts on the system.
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    12-02-19 11:15 AM
    You are absolutely right, all this convenience is terrible, who wants a smartphone or a watch with GPS when they can just have a map and hope it's not outdated?
    Who needs 5G when they can just have good ol' dial-up!?
    Heck, why do we even need internet!? Encyclopedias were so great that you had the challenge of them being outdated the same day you bought them.
    All these fancy computers when Typewriters were just fine, aaaaaand "the man" cannot track those!

Damn all these companies and their technology for "the man" to listen to us and track us!

I have seen the light now and totally understand where you and bb10adopter111 are going with this...
    [IMG=320x240]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191202/bbc7dd4795467a07c9e146a2635de6a9.jpg[/url]
    You misunderstand me completely. I love technology and am very much connected. I just do it with fully revocable credentials not tied to my identity. Just as I could blow up my BB10adopter111 credential and start a new one on CB, I could do that on all of my other online platforms. The only caveat is where the law is concerned. My passport uses my real identity, for example.

I simply value my right to privacy and take simple steps to defend it. For me the choice is not whether to be connected or not, but whether to participate in the commercial surveillance economy with my actual, real-life identity.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-02-19 11:53 AM
    You misunderstand me completely. I love technology and am very much connected. I just do it with fully revocable credentials not tied to my identity. Just as I could blow up my BB10adopter111 credential and start a new one on CB, I could do that on all of my other online platforms. The only caveat is where the law is concerned. My passport uses my real identity, for example.

I simply value my right to privacy and take simple steps to defend it. For me the choice is not whether to be connected or not, but whether to participate in the commercial surveillance economy with my actual, real-life identity.

Listen, me and my cat get it man! It’s these other guys who don’t, they hate us cause they ain’t us!
    12-02-19 01:43 PM
    Listen, me and my cat get it man! It’s these other guys who don’t, they hate us cause they ain’t us!
    [IMG=400x300]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191202/b63894c0da0bbc70867e9efaf3a4f76a.jpg[/url]
    Ha! Just wait till they come for you! You'll give everything you own for a sheet of foil!

12-02-19 01:47 PM
    Nice, I'll have a look!

Oh, one more thing:

Do any of these watches have a notification LED ?

Also, I was thinking about one of these compact keyboards to use with a smartwatch to reply to messages etc

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F254405461772

Some of them have AOD!

OH.MY.WORD what the hell is that thing? It looks like a Gaming Console controller with a QWERTY keyboard
    the_boon likes this.
    12-02-19 03:09 PM
    Training for the Tour de France indeed is kind of the only reason where a smartwatch does bring the marginal gains. Me as a former long distance t&f runner training 5 times a week wouldnt really gain from it, my level still being too low.

Looking at my co-workers who have such a watch i notice:

1) indeed, they keep looking at it even when having a conversation with you. Now that isnt any different from people reacting on their bbm blue led blinking in the past, just looking at another piece of electronics.

2) to almost all of them i have said.
    - pancakes extra buttered and sugared is not a proper breakfast
    - Coke or Iron dew isn’t something what you should drink from 9 am on throughout the day
    -What you shovel onto your plate every meal quality wise is rubbish and quantity wise probably best be reduced by a factor 2 or 3

Applying 2 would bring much more than the watch in 99 out of 100 cases.

Applying 2, actual understanding how your body reacts on food probably also would prevented being in a situation that your survival depends on some piece of plastic to warn you when something goes wrong. Can only hope it still has charge the moment something happens.

Using a satnav makes me at least lazy. Going to somewhere never been before in the past meant studying maps. It also meant second time around you would know how to drive. Just following the arrow on the satnav makes second time around i still dont know as i am not challenged to know anymore.

Here the watch come in again. Just following the watch isnt helping you to understand impact training has on your body, no challenge anymore. So unless you are Chris Froome who already knows, normal people would be better of without.

Some basic understanding on impact on body of food and excersizing is missing. Convenience food isnt cured by convenient monitoring tools.

Didnt mention surveillance capatalism yet that will screw you once so many people have signed up for an insurance with a watch that normal insurances in what ever multi-insurance-poly will cease to exist.

Just my observations on co-workers on this one.
    You know... John Henry dies at the end of the song.

And your smug assumption that smart watch wearers are generally lazy, unfit and with bad eating habits is silly.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-02-19 06:14 PM

And your smug assumption that smart watch wearers are generally lazy, unfit and with bad eating habits is silly.
    It wasn't an assumption, it was an observation.

12-02-19 06:34 PM
    I so miss all this back and fourth. I need to think of something to argue about too.
    " You humans are so petty and tinny."

If no KEY3, what will you get?-_477cc93a-acfb-11e8-abd2-5c322fa89f61.jpg
    12-02-19 06:45 PM

Lol, right? But there’s no point in arguing with such I could talk about the fact that all the smartwatch users I know are fit, and typically participate in marathons, Park runs and hikes.

The tech doesn’t make the people lazy, it’s the people who choose to be, regardless of what they have.
    The_Passporter and chain13 like this.
    12-02-19 10:37 PM
    It wasn't an assumption, it was an observation.

We must live in different worlds.

I see smart-watches—mostly fit-bits or apple watches—on, easily, 80% of wrists at Cross-Fit competitions, 5ks, 10ks, half-marathons, and at the gym. Some of these folks could probably stand to adjust their diets, but a plurality are really fit, young or middle-aged, successful, prosperous people.

You know... the folks who used to be “crackberry” addicts. And for the same reasons: their watches give them richer, more granular, more immediate access to the data that matters to them.

You can choose to be a Luddite... follow your heart, brother! But know that others are being happy and successful on another path.
    Troy Tiscareno and Tsepz_GP like this.
    12-02-19 11:21 PM

I see smart-watches—mostly fit-bits or apple watches—on, easily, 80% of wrists at Cross-Fit competitions, 5ks, 10ks, half-marathons, and at the gym. Some of these folks could probably stand to adjust their diets, but a plurality are really fit, young or middle-aged, successful, prosperous people.

You know... the folks who used to be “crackberry” addicts. And for the same reasons: their watches give them richer, more granular, more immediate access to the data that matters to them.

You can choose to be a Luddite... follow your heart, brother! But know that others are being happy and successful on another path.
    You're speaking about the population you see, and the poster was speaking about the people in his office. He wasn't making a generalization about the entire population of smart watch users.

And how about stop with the name calling? ("Luddite") I'm not anti-technology at all, just because I choose not to use it in my personal life. I find I'm happier without the distraction.

If you like smart watches and fitness bands, enjoy them, but don't suppose that everyone wants a continuous data feed on their wrist.

Gene Fells likes this.
    12-03-19 04:18 AM
    If you like smart watches and fitness bands, enjoy them, but don't suppose that everyone wants a continuous data feed on their wrist.
    I don't know why people want them... just know that they are product that is seeing a lot of growth at this point. So clearly a lot of people do want them.

Me, I grew up having to wear a watch. When cellphones came along, they gave me a reason no to wear a watch. So I'm not on board with the idea of one right now.
    12-03-19 10:55 AM
    I don't know why people want them... just know that they are product that is seeing a lot of growth at this point. So clearly a lot of people do want them.

Me, I grew up having to wear a watch. When cellphones came along, they gave me a reason no to wear a watch. So I'm not on board with the idea of one right now.
    Yes, it's a very fast growing segment. Apple may have been a little early, but they have more than 60% of the US market as a result. It just so happens that none of the functions I care about on mobile (reading, writing, podcasts and music with wired headphones, and watching work-related videos) happen to work on a wrist-based wearable device.

On the privacy side, I would only consider a wearable that was entirely tethered to my smart phone and which had no direct cellular data connection or GPS sensor. I already go to significant lengths to reduce my digital footprint, so will not intentionally open another conduit.

12-03-19 11:05 AM
    After the Titan, I'm going to give the ole wallet a chance to heal.

I want a stock Android experience with no bloat in my daily driver
    Expect a fair amount of bloat and outright spyware baked-in the Titan.
    12-03-19 11:56 AM

Very well said!

What Spyware? Have they uncovered this whole dealing with one of the Titan units?
    chain13 likes this.
    12-03-19 12:41 PM
    He’s already used to spyware. He’s probably halfway to ROC and I believe he can Russia from his front porch.
    12-03-19 12:42 PM
    What Spyware? Have they uncovered this whole dealing with one of the Titan units?
    Don't know about the Titan release yet, but Unihertz has flirted with it on past releases.
    12-03-19 01:21 PM
    Don't know about the Titan release yet, but Unihertz has flirted with it on past releases.
    Yeah many here will be watching to see....

Thing is, who of the 3,000 that bought it are smart enough to catch the next spyware?
    12-03-19 01:40 PM
    Well, I'm about to pick up my new Pixel 4xl from the post soon. I;'ll miss the keyboard but I'm looking forward to being able to take decent pictures again :-)
    elfabio80 and MikeX74 like this.
    12-03-19 02:27 PM
    [IMG=400x300]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191202/b63894c0da0bbc70867e9efaf3a4f76a.jpg[/url]
    It doth appear that thou and thy cat have truly been foiled. Me thinks it be easier to foil thee than thy cat.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-03-19 09:48 PM
    Well, I'm about to pick up my new Pixel 4xl from the post soon. I;'ll miss the keyboard but I'm looking forward to being able to take decent pictures again :-)
    You’ll love the Camera, fast UI and somewhat timely updates, you will hate the battery life. It’s a pity Google cheaped out on the battery size of the thing.

Congratulations
    12-03-19 10:14 PM
    You’ll love the Camera, fast UI and somewhat timely updates, you will hate the battery life. It’s a pity Google cheaped out on the battery size of the thing.

Congratulations
    But the thing is that 3700mAh is pretty respectable for phone that size.. And yet it's still underwhelming. But nowhere near as bad as the 4 non-XL from what I hear
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-03-19 10:49 PM
    But the thing is that 3700mAh is pretty respectable for phone that size.. And yet it's still underwhelming. But nowhere near as bad as the 4 non-XL from what I hear
    Indeed. The problem is that the Display Refresh rate is at 90Hz, it’s super smooth but eats battery. Phones with high display refresh rates should come with at least a ~4000mAh battery to compensate for the higher refresh rate, depending on screen size and resolution of course.
    12-03-19 10:58 PM
555 ... 1516171819 ...