Razer phone.
    11-24-19 10:56 PM
    Just got informed by Unihertz that the Titan will be available in January and can be bought over their website, on eBay and amazon.
    Once BB software is loaded on it, it should probably look and feel the closest one can get to a contemporary BB Passport.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-25-19 01:46 AM
    Just got informed by Unihertz that the Titan will be available in January and can be bought over their website, on eBay and amazon.
    Once BB software is loaded on it, it should probably look and feel the closest one can get to a contemporary BB Passport.
    That’s fantastic. I wonder what their numbers are looking like.

Wonder how many people from CrackBerry will be moving over to the Titan!
    11-25-19 02:14 AM
    That’s fantastic. I wonder what their numbers are looking like.

Wonder how many people from CrackBerry will be moving over to the Titan!
    I pre-ordered mine a while ago and I'm not sure how it could be my daily with that 303g of weight...

And isn't January a bit delayed?

I think it was supposed to start shipping in December
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-25-19 06:06 AM
    I pre-ordered mine a while ago and I'm not sure how it could be my daily with that 303g of weight...

Well hopefully they have balanced out the weight well on it.

Yep, it is delayed but I would not have expected any different from a project like this they are never on schedule, it may have taken them longer to secure the correct number of orders and resources to stay production and sort out logistics.
    11-25-19 06:09 AM

Perhaps the number of received commitments isn’t enough and still need additional?
    11-25-19 06:28 AM
    Lol who has anything inherently against smartwatches or AOD?

Me.

Indeed I dont need another thing that needs to be charged daily.

But most importantly, I am not going to replace a proper automatic mechanical watch for some piece of electronic plastic.
    11-27-19 01:29 PM
    Me.

But most importantly, I am not going to replace a proper automatic mechanical watch for some piece of electronic plastic.
    They don’t need daily charging. Charged my Apple Watch yesterday, I am in bed now and it’s at 80%, will only charge it in 2-3 more days.

They are not plastic....at least if you pick right.
    Eumaeus likes this.
    11-27-19 04:18 PM
    Me.

I’m not knocking smart watches but I totally agree with you.
    I love my mechanical watches. They are marvels of mechanical ingenuity. My Zenith el primero movement is made of over 175 parts oscillating at 36,000 VPH in perfect unison. I wouldn’t trade them for anything with a battery.
    11-27-19 04:28 PM
    Exactly. And they will last for many generations.

2 to 3 days still is kinda every day. Certainly in this context.
    11-28-19 02:30 PM
    Perhaps the number of received commitments isn’t enough and still need additional?
    No, you can’t pledge anymore!
    11-28-19 05:06 PM
    No, you can’t pledge anymore!
    So what happens if people have backed away from their pledges? There’s got to be some minimum or the company would be stuck making phones and no payment guarantee to cover the setup?
    11-28-19 05:46 PM
    So what happens if people have backed away from their pledges? There’s got to be some minimum or the company would be stuck making phones and no payment guarantee to cover the setup?
    The original backers can't back away at this point I believe since the credit cards have been charged.
    11-28-19 07:22 PM
    The original backers can't back away at this point I believe since the credit cards have been charged.
    Ah, so you’ve been charged the full subscription price of your terms. Now I understand how the risk is managed. You pay in full long before the delivery.
    11-28-19 07:31 PM
    Ah, so you’ve been charged the full subscription price of your terms. Now I understand how the risk is managed. You pay in full long before the delivery.
    Yup, now I wouldn't have done so for the F(x) Tec Pro 1 preferring to wait for actual reviews since that thing costs $699, but for the $239 early bird pricing I had to support the thing lol
    11-28-19 08:46 PM
    Yup, now I wouldn't have done so for the F(x) Tec Pro 1 preferring to wait for actual reviews since that thing costs $699, but for the $239 early bird pricing I had to support the thing lol
    If the F(x) had cheap enough intro, you'd have bought it too... the early bird pricing sounds critical to any of these crowdfunded projects setting up some buyer protection.
    11-28-19 10:50 PM
    Exactly. And they will last for many generations.

2 to 3 days still is kinda every day. Certainly in this context.
    Considering the convenience, health and functionality one gets out of a smart watch? I’d say well worth it, and note that with an Apple Watch I have a whole lot of things activated e.g. Outlook, Nike Run Club for my daily run, along with Activity tracker to track my exercise and calorie burn , Wallet to manage my flight Boarding Passes, Uber, music controls etc... The fact that I get the battery life I get is great.

But hey, different strokes and all that.

I have no doubt that in the next 5 years everyone here will need to have a smart watch, if not for productivity then for the Health aspect alone, some medical funds may set it as a requirement and some doctors may want you to use one so that they can have a Real-Time feed of how you are doing e.g. after a major procedure. People with existing heart problems or in a family that’s known for them will also need to invest in one. People who suffer from any sort of chronic illness, chronic pain etc.... or if you are just a health nut wanting to get precise measurements of your daily routine and calorie management.

Considering the advancements being made in wearables and more so Smart Watches, they are the next major area of growth of technology, particularly for the health, medical and security industries.

It goes further than just being some supposed plastic thingy that needs to be charged but rather a growing necessity that some will need to wear alongside their classic timepieces.

Then again this is like when GPS was new in phones and many claimed they didn’t need GPS in their phone....
    robnhl likes this.
    11-28-19 10:55 PM
    No idea, I am not connected to Unihertz so don’t know. Perhaps you should ask them. But as this is venture capital raised by them for a particular project I guess the money would be lost if they do not manage to deliver. So a pretty safe bet from the company’s perspective it seems.
    11-29-19 02:07 AM
    Considering the convenience, health and functionality one gets out of a smart watch? I’d say well worth it, and note that with an Apple Watch I have a whole lot of things activated e.g. Outlook, Nike Run Club for my daily run, along with Activity tracker to track my exercise and calorie burn , Wallet to manage my flight Boarding Passes, Uber, music controls etc... The fact that I get the battery life I get is great.

But hey, different strokes and all that.

I have no doubt that in the next 5 years everyone here will need to have a smart watch, if not for productivity then for the Health aspect alone, some medical funds may set it as a requirement and some doctors may want you to use one so that they can have a Real-Time feed of how you are doing e.g. after a major procedure. People with existing heart problems or in a family that’s known for them will also need to invest in one. People who suffer from any sort of chronic illness, chronic pain etc.... or if you are just a health nut wanting to get precise measurements of your daily routine and calorie management.

Considering the advancements being made in wearables and more so Smart Watches, they are the next major area of growth of technology, particularly for the health, medical and security industries.

It goes further than just being some supposed plastic thingy that needs to be charged but rather a growing necessity that some will need to wear alongside their classic timepieces.

Then again this is like when GPS was new in phones and many claimed they didn’t need GPS in their phone....
    You're definitely a tech optimist! Personally, I find the idea of sharing the kind of personal data you're talking about with your service providers is a non-starter. Wearable tech without much better regulatory protection for consumers is very unattractive. The marginal benefits you describe are not worth the privacy sacrifices.

You would have to pay me more than $100,000 a year to get me to share that kind of data.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-29-19 08:53 AM
    If the F(x) had cheap enough intro, you'd have bought it too... the early bird pricing sounds critical to any of these crowdfunded projects setting up some buyer protection.
    I def would have thrown down $250 if they had a crowdfunding campaign.
    11-29-19 12:17 PM
    I am the guy who actually prints out his flight tickets having been stuck once at Lagos airport with an empty 9810.

A the watch certainly does not improve any fitness or sport activity, it is just another monitor screen on things. But feel free to believe otherwise. If you need a health tracker to count activity or create health then, a well lets not get into that.

Obviously I am not sharing any health data with insurance companies. None of their business. I am really surprised people volunteer (for some in the end only temporarely discount) to join 1984.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    11-29-19 01:21 PM
    Yes, the same way Condos are built, when 65-75% of units are sold, ground breaking begins. Risk mitigation 101.

Posted via my Passport
    11-29-19 01:21 PM
    I’m not knocking smart watches but I totally agree with you.
    I love my mechanical watches. They are marvels of mechanical ingenuity. My Zenith el primero movement is made of over 175 parts oscillating at 36,000 VPH in perfect unison. I wouldn’t trade them for anything with a battery.
    I like mechanical watches and respect their engineering marvel however are they anything other than jewelry or a fashion accessory? I mean nowadays there are so many places that tell the time e.g. mobile device, oven, microwave, computer etc etc. Although a smart watch needs charging these days telling the time is hardly what it's used for. It's become a health monitor and smart watch isn't the an accurate name for what they do. My 2 cents.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    11-29-19 04:33 PM
    I like mechanical watches and respect their engineering marvel however are they anything other than jewelry or a fashion accessory?
    I can completely understand your position.
    To me watches have one role (excluding complications of course), to tell time. Looking at my wrist does that very simply. No need to pull my phone out of my pocket or look around for a wall clock, it’s with me wherever I go. I love the simplicity.
    As far as fashion accessory, of course! Isn’t our entire wardrobe a fashion accessory? Don’t you wear certain clothing because it makes you feel good? Mechanical watches serve both purposes extremely well.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    11-30-19 07:11 AM
    You're definitely a tech optimist! Personally, I find the idea of sharing the kind of personal data you're talking about with your service providers is a non-starter. Wearable tech without much better regulatory protection for consumers is very unattractive. The marginal benefits you describe are not worth the privacy sacrifices.

You would have to pay me more than $100,000 a year to get me to share that kind of data.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Your health is a “marginal benefit”? You might feel differently if you were in a different state of health.
    11-30-19 07:14 AM
555 ... 1112131415 ...