Happen to know which one? Know he used a KEY2 for a while, but would like to know which device he thinks is the rightful successor.
    The dude probably doesn't care at all about anything BB hardware related.

I bet he's using an iPhone 11 Pro Max, and not even with a BB wallpaper.
    11-14-19 02:15 PM
    Happen to know which one? Know he used a KEY2 for a while, but would like to know which device he thinks is the rightful successor.
    Not really as I’m being partially facetious. I don’t really expect that he’s really using a Key2 or other BB licensed device. Android/iOS was already out 5-6 years when he joined the company. BBAndroid came out two years after that. John Chen runs a company that primary remaining mobile business is securing, through UEM solutions, Android/iOS flagship devices globally. I would expect he uses whatever he likes under that security blanket since his customers expect the cook to eat their prepared meals.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    11-14-19 02:45 PM
    The dude probably doesn't care at all about anything BB hardware related.

I bet he's using an iPhone 11 Pro Max, and not even with a BB wallpaper.
    I think you might be shocked as to what our ranking members here use?!? Or even what Chen and CrackBerry Kevin's daily driver is! I guarantee the majority are not daily driving a BlackBerry! Let the denials begin!
    John Albert and elfabio80 like this.
    11-14-19 03:59 PM
    I’ve dual carried for 13 years. Even now just having dual eSIM XR , I still carry a KEYone as WiFi only. Many here moved on when BB moved to Android with PRIV, outsourced DTEK with TCL and finally exited to BB licensing. There’s a reason BB only has .00001 share outside Canada where it’s .001 in the populace. My kids say it’s a solid 1% in the over 40+ crowd.
    11-14-19 04:14 PM
    If I was looking for a Camaro ZL1 and the owner of the dealership was driving a Shelby, well, let's just say that my perception of the product would change!
    11-14-19 05:04 PM
    If I was looking for a Camaro ZL1 and the owner of the dealership was driving a Shelby, well, let's just say that my perception of the product would change!
    I agree but John Chen’s BlackBerry company, largest products are the Android/iOS OEMs that aren’t from BBMo and think about that. His clients are the enterprise companies that purchase QNX and UEM solutions. I would expect him to drive something comprised of the most QNX underpinned components and show off those brands. Same thing with the OEMs that paid the largest IP sources. I’m are Cylance biggest enterprise users or largest Android customer.
    11-14-19 05:34 PM
    So, the Motorola Razr 2019 debuted yesterday. If it weren't a Verizon exclusive, I would jump all over it. The specs aren't that impressive, and it's quite expensive, but for my daily use, it would be more than enough ... and it looks very cool haha.

Tim-ANC likes this.
    11-14-19 05:44 PM
    So, the Motorola Razr 2019 debuted yesterday. If it weren't a Verizon exclusive, I would jump all over it. The specs aren't that impressive, and it's quite expensive, but for my daily use, it would be more than enough ... and it looks very cool haha.

I'm with you! The new Razr doesn't even have a SIM tray so required an eSIM. I don't even know if Rogers or Bell offer that up here in Canada. Any of my fellow canucks have any experience with that?

I so badly want this phone but at $1,500 USD and with those specs, I'd rather wait for the next generation.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    11-14-19 08:00 PM
    I'm with you! The new Razr doesn't even have a SIM tray so required an eSIM. I don't even know if Rogers or Bell offer that up here in Canada. Any of my fellow canucks have any experience with that?

I so badly want this phone but at $1,500 USD and with those specs, I'd rather wait for the next generation.
    Yup, so far the only things that are sort of dealbreakers (aside from price) are the 2500mAh battery and no sim card slot.

It does look more durable than the Galaxy Fold, though.
    11-14-19 09:21 PM
    Both Rogers and Bell "support" eSim, though in a limited fashion.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t...XR/td-p/443275
    https://support.bell.ca/mobility/sma...t?step=2#step2

When I last checked (a month ago), Rogers will only provide eSim for new activations on a BYOD plan for consumers OR if you wish to jump through hoops, transfer you from physical sim to eSim for BYOD business customers. Even then, only some (34) Rogers locations are theoretically euipped to handle the operation. Of those locations, some staff seem unwilling or unable to make it work. And, only 2018/19 iPhones and Pixels are eligible. And, none of Rogers staff in Toronto locations seem to be able to answer when asked about transferring the eSim to a new phone next year -- seems no one has thought that far ahead.

Bell is slightly better. Both business customers and consumers can get eSim service, though only as BYOD. Again, only 2018/19 iPhones and Pixels (on Android 10). Theoretically, you can transfer a physical sim number to an eSim. All locations are supposed to be able to do it, but I've had difficulty finding Toronto staff that seem knowledgeable about the process. And as with Rogers, no one can answer me about what will happen when moving an eSim number to a new device.

Maybe next year...
    11-14-19 10:01 PM
    Yup, so far the only things that are sort of dealbreakers (aside from price) are the 2500mAh battery and no sim card slot.

It does look more durable than the Galaxy Fold, though.
    I'd have to see some real world usage, but I think if the outer display is good enough to check notifications and some other simple tasks, then maybe the battery would be enough for the day. Personally, I don't do a lot of media or social networking stuff on my phone, so I don't think the full screen would get a TON of use. Other than flipping it open and closed 1000 times a day to show people.
    11-14-19 11:00 PM
    Both Rogers and Bell "support" eSim, though in a limited fashion.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t...XR/td-p/443275
    https://support.bell.ca/mobility/sma...t?step=2#step2

When I last checked (a month ago), Rogers will only provide eSim for new activations on a BYOD plan for consumers OR if you wish to jump through hoops, transfer you from physical sim to eSim for BYOD business customers. Even then, only some (34) Rogers locations are theoretically euipped to handle the operation. Of those locations, some staff seem unwilling or unable to make it work. And, only 2018/19 iPhones and Pixels are eligible. And, none of Rogers staff in Toronto locations seem to be able to answer when asked about transferring the eSim to a new phone next year -- seems no one has thought that far ahead.

Bell is slightly better. Both business customers and consumers can get eSim service, though only as BYOD. Again, only 2018/19 iPhones and Pixels (on Android 10). Theoretically, you can transfer a physical sim number to an eSim. All locations are supposed to be able to do it, but I've had difficulty finding Toronto staff that seem knowledgeable about the process. And as with Rogers, no one can answer me about what will happen when moving an eSim number to a new device.

Maybe next year...
    Thanks for the great info! That was extremely helpful! Rogers (as usual) seems to be the bigger pain but Bell is still restrictive only supporting iPhones and Pixels. My personal # is with Rogers and work # is with Bell and I'm trying to figure out what my cell phone landscape will look like once I retire my red KEY2.

I'd like to keep with a dual SIM phone but that certainly wouldn't work in the Razr's case. I've been eyeing the S10 or S10e dual international variants (I like the S10e for its compact size but prefer the S10's camera... decisions, decisions!) and they may be serious contenders for my next phone. With S11s just around the corner, I may be able to scoop the S10(e) for a steal!
    11-15-19 05:22 AM
    I just wonder how that crease in the display will really hold up. I never like to buy the first model year car and I will be watching from the benches to see how this unfolds.
    Get it? Ha ha ha!!

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-15-19 05:48 AM
    I could just as easily challenge you to prove the opposite. That's not what I said.

My point is that there is zero proof that workers with mobile phones post 2007 are more productive than those without. Whatever the benefits of smartphones since the iPhone, increased productivity at work is not one of them.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Just observing co-workers at work nowadays and compare them to 2011-2015. Then they were all busy answering email and bbm. Now they are busy with chats with family and friends on wa snapshat insta whatever, playing games and sometimes something work related. No hard statistics, just a personal observation.
    11-15-19 06:41 AM
    11-15-19 06:42 AM
    Just observing co-workers at work nowadays and compare them to 2011-2015. Then they were all busy answering email and bbm. Now they are busy with chats with family and friends on wa snapshat insta whatever, playing games and sometimes something work related. No hard statistics, just a personal observation.
    Same, I have no stats to back this up, but I'd bet people were more productive and less distracted in the BB days and even early Android days than they are now
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    11-15-19 08:04 AM
    Was deciding between a key3 or the iPhone 11 Pro, but the key2 has been discounted to 297 euro in the Netherlands, so I guess my my choice has been made for me. Picking it up either today or tomorrow!
    the_boon likes this.
    11-15-19 08:14 AM
    Was deciding between a key3 or the iPhone 11 Pro, but the key2 has been discounted to 297 euro in the Netherlands, so I guess my my choice has been made for me. Picking it up either today or tomorrow!
    Which shop?
    11-15-19 12:20 PM
    I think Nano sim should be the last thing. I really hate E-sim and it is very inconvenient. What if I have trips to different countries and want to easily switch between my sim cards?
    11-15-19 01:27 PM
    I think Nano sim should be the last thing. I really hate E-sim and it is very inconvenient. What if I have trips to different countries and want to easily switch between my sim cards?
    Maybe they could come up with an eSIM system where you manually enter your eSIM number and say a 4 digit passcode and then the device would immediately be activated as if you popped your physical sim in there.
    11-15-19 01:52 PM
    How about sporting events? It used to be that the crowd would actually.... you know... WATCH the game! And if they ever got bored... THE WAVE!!! Now, people are barely paying attention to what's happening on the field/ice/court/diamond/pitch. And when a crucial moment in the game does come up, everyone whips out their slabs to watch the action through the screen of their phones (in portrait mode of all things!!!!) instead of living in the moment. Put the phone down! I guarantee you that there are at least a dozen super expensive, network video cameras capturing the moment for you in 4K so that you can relive the moment again and again on YouTube!
    11-15-19 02:10 PM
    Maybe they could come up with an eSIM system where you manually enter your eSIM number and say a 4 digit passcode and then the device would immediately be activated as if you popped your physical sim in there.
    Good idea, but not feasible.
    This needs carrier work on implementing eSIM adaption mechanism, which could be possible in countries like USA or Canada, but not in the rest of the world.
    So when I travel to Europe for example, I will still have the same issue.
    11-15-19 02:29 PM
    Which shop?
    Mediamarkt! Only the black version, the silver edition is still around 500-600 euro.
    11-15-19 07:33 PM
    Still have my classic (only this device which i'm using now ), and now a Q5 since my passport suffered a cellular modem suicide, which is pretty randomly common. Q5 had a battery swap, so it lasts 8-12 hours depending. Classic needs it REAL SOON, then it'll be a fine basic web browsing, fine e-mail device, nothing more.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    11-17-19 01:03 AM

Interesting. Compact like a slider. I'll keep an eye on it too. Motorola still a US company?
    11-17-19 11:50 AM
555 ... 910111213 ...