Prove it. I want to see a direct correlation between the use of a Blackberry phone vs. an iPhone as it relates to productivity in the workplace. Evidence based.
    I could just as easily challenge you to prove the opposite. That's not what I said.

My point is that there is zero proof that workers with mobile phones post 2007 are more productive than those without. Whatever the benefits of smartphones since the iPhone, increased productivity at work is not one of them.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-12-19 04:09 PM
    I could just as easily challenge you to prove the opposite. That's not what I said.

My point is that there is zero proof that workers with mobile phones post 2007 are more productive than those without. Whatever the benefits of smartphones since the iPhone, increased productivity at work is not one of them.

I never said that.
    I am being told that Blackberry phones are more productive and we are now less productive because we use iPhone or Android.
    I’m not talking an individual opinion. I want to see how this supposed loss of productivity (if it exists) is related to people using modern OS’s. I hear it all the time on here and I want proof.
    11-12-19 04:12 PM
    There is extensive proof that productivity gains during the smartphone era in developed countries has slowed considerably compared to earlier tech booms (mainframes, desktop comouters, the Internet, and the pre-iPhone era of mobile calls and messaging).

I can provide links to those studies, but I don't think that's what you're asking for. No one, to my knowledge, has ever tried to study direct comparisons between platforms, and I can't imagine how one could even conduct such a study. All we have is correlations by time period.

11-12-19 04:33 PM
    There is extensive proof that productivity gains during the smartphone era in developed countries has slowed considerably compared to earlier tech booms (mainframes, desktop comouters, the Internet, and the pre-iPhone era of mobile calls and messaging).

I can provide links to those studies, but I don't think that's what you're asking for. No one, to my knowledge, has ever tried to study direct comparisons between platforms, and I can't imagine how one could even conduct such a study. All we have is correlations by time period.

What “productivity gains?” What definition or metric are we using for productivity?

I hope I’m not keeping you from being “productive”.
    11-12-19 04:38 PM
    I can certainly accept “in my opinion” since you are stating only your personal opinion. That’s all it is, an opinion.
    From what I can see in here just about everything seems to be an opinion. Just mine holds more weight ))))

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    11-12-19 05:52 PM
    From what I can see in here just about everything seems to be an opinion. Just mine holds more weight ))))

In my opinion, I believe my opinion is more Floridian, ala Captain Morgan perspective
    11-12-19 05:54 PM
    In my opinion, I believe my opinion is more Floridian, ala Captain Morgan perspective
    Well it is in my opinion that Floridians would do well to flourish a little, expanding their north American culture by savoring some Royal northern delights.

If no KEY3, what will you get?-img_20191112_185601.jpeg
    11-12-19 06:00 PM
    Well it is in my opinion that Floridians would do well to flourish a little, expanding their north American culture by savoring some Royal northern delights.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191112_185601.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	446699
    When things get cold here...we’ll break 60F tonight
    11-12-19 06:03 PM

Ok, I like that response!
    Ultimately that’s all that matters, right? We all use our devices differently so our needs and wants are weighed differently. General comments are unfounded.
    11-12-19 06:06 PM
    When things get cold here...we’ll break 60F tonight
    Well I'm deep into it cause winter is not coming, it's here!
    Going down to 9* tonight. Brrr!

11-12-19 06:08 PM
    Well I'm deep into it cause winter is not coming, it's here!
    Going down to 9* tonight. Brrr!

We got 6” to 8” last night into this morning. Going down to 12 tonight. Winter has begun.
    11-12-19 06:24 PM
    We got 6” to 8” last night into this morning. Going down to 12 tonight. Winter has begun.
    Where abouts? We got the same here in Windsor, Ontario

11-12-19 06:26 PM

The other end of Lake Erie.
    11-12-19 06:27 PM

I thought you lived in SE Detroit :-D
    11-12-19 06:30 PM
    I thought you lived in SE Detroit :-D
    A! Don't be like that!

11-12-19 06:44 PM
    A! Don't be like that!

Coldest adult winter of my life spent in Detroit on the job on Griswold and I lived in Trolley Apartments few blocks away. Guys couldn’t figure out why the Windsor clubs weren’t a big deal to me. I’m from Tampa, Florida; the Las Vegas of Lap Dancing according to others so I said. Yep, the Captain was speaking for me even back then...
    The_Passporter likes this.
    11-12-19 07:31 PM
    My next handset will be a Key3. Do we have any reason to believe there won't be one? I haven't seen anything too compelling to suggest otherwise.
    11-12-19 10:30 PM
    My next handset will be a Key3. Do we have any reason to believe there won't be one? I haven't seen anything too compelling to suggest otherwise.
    Me too. Blackberry Mobile is posting regularly on the social networks, the EU store has all the Key2 variants. All signs that the company is going strong.

in the unlikely event no Llave Tres is launched I'm getting the TCL Motion 2, called the Plex that comes with an optional Blackberry logo to stick on the rear cover. Great camera to boot.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    11-13-19 10:18 AM
    Me too. Blackberry Mobile is posting regularly on the social networks, the EU store has all the Key2 variants. All signs that the company is going strong.
    Meh, it's a tiny glimmer of hope in a sea of darkness.
    I would really like to find out if the Silver/Black units that they're currently selling on their EU store have a 2019 build date... But I won't hold my breath for that either

in the unlikely event no Llave Tres is launched I'm getting the TCL Motion 2, called the Plex that comes with an optional Blackberry logo to stick on the rear cover. Great camera to boot.
    Why a Plex? What's compelling about this piece of glass in particular?
    11-13-19 01:29 PM
    Meh, it's a tiny glimmer of hope in a sea of darkness.
    I would really like to find out if the Silver/Black units that they're currently selling on their EU store have a 2019 build date... But I won't hold my breath for that either

Why a Plex? What's compelling about this piece of glass in particular?
    it's the Motion 2.😀
    11-13-19 02:12 PM
    it's the Motion 2.������
    I’ve heard of a Motion and of a #2 and confirm they’re related and will probably sell like such if not handled carefully as named.
    11-13-19 02:17 PM
    Alas, there are no signs or even a whisper of a K3 release except that a. prototype was built quite some time ago. As far as I have read, no certifications have been issued for a K3 devise. Hope is all that we have left.
    John Albert and TgeekB like this.
    11-13-19 02:29 PM
    Has anyone asked John Chen which device he will get if there is no KEY3?
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    11-14-19 01:58 PM
    Has anyone asked John Chen which device he will get if there is no KEY3?
    He’s using Android flagship with the BBApp suite installed.
    11-14-19 02:02 PM
    He’s using Android flagship with the BBApp suite installed.
    Happen to know which one? Know he used a KEY2 for a while, but would like to know which device he thinks is the rightful successor.
    11-14-19 02:07 PM
555 ... 89101112 ...