How so?

To me it's the same notification banners on the top of the display that require you to awkwardly stretch your hand to reach them.
    You have the option to turn notifications on or off individually for each app:
    On the lock screen
    In the Notification Center
    and using banners on the apps

I can’t help it if you have tiny hands.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-10-19 11:18 AM
    I receive hundreds of messages a day across two personal and five professional accounts. At any point in time I only care about 1-3 of them. On Android, I have to scan my notifications with the screen on hundreds of times a day to know what's come in. On my BB10 phones I can leave the screen off and rely on the color of the LED to know if I have to pick it up.

The LED, plus BB10's unlimited notification profiles and contact-level notification overrides allow me to stay focused on productive work rather than being a slave to my handset.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    I’m very happy for you.
    cribble2k likes this.
    11-10-19 11:19 AM
    I’m very happy for you.
    ???

I'm just trying to characterize how silly the "Android does everything BB10 does." comments are when it comes to serious email handling.

I prefer Android to iOS by a large margin, and I really like my KEYone for the hundreds of minor things it's great at that BB10 can't touch, but it's just not built for prime time when it comes to respecting my time and attention for a busy, long work day. I have to babysit the damn thing all day long to avoid losing real dollars from real clients, and that keeps me from the more complex tasks that require uninterrupted focus.

It's not even a close call.

tazcubed likes this.
    11-10-19 12:06 PM
    You have the option to turn notifications on or off individually for each app:
    On the lock screen
    In the Notification Center
    and using banners on the apps

Notifications for each app on or off. That's exactly the problem. Android doesn't let you distinguish between different accounts in the Hub, individual contacts across all apps, and different work contexts for all notifications (just normal, priority, and off).

It's a one size-fits all approach that's great for the masses and awful for real power users.

11-10-19 12:08 PM
    I've been thinking about the OP's question a lot these days. My plan right now is to run my KEY2 Red into the ground first.

I have the Titan shipping in December (at least that's what Unihertz is saying), but realistically, that's just something to play with as a novelty item and likely not something that I'll use as a daily driver.

While I plan to go as far as I can with the K2 Red, I know that I will start getting antsy around Summer 2020 for something new. I already own various Android slabs (Essential, Note8, Pixel 3 to name a few) but for some reason, none of them give me the same feels as the Motion (crazy, I know!).

I'm very interested in seeing what the new Razr has to offer as well as the next iteration of the Samsung Fold. Once foldables start taking off, the prices will come down and that's when things will start to get really exciting!
    Dan, I'll be watching your choice closely. I know you like to collect and tryout a lot of devices and I've learned to respect your opinion. Well, except your football team GO HAWKS!
    11-10-19 12:10 PM
    ???

It's not even a close call.

For you.

Let me extremely clear here. I in no way care what you use. I’m glad you use what works best for you and believe everything you say about you.

It’s as if some of you were working for BlackBerry as they fell from grace. I can see you all arguing “we don’t have to change, it’s all about email and notification lights. That’s what everyone wants!”

The fact remains that just because 10 people on CrackBerry still like BB10 means nothing. I hope you all continue to get support for it. You can continue to argue what is “best” if that makes you feel better but it won’t sell phones.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
    11-10-19 12:14 PM
    Hello,
    In a previous post I said my choices would be pixel3a and Samsung a50 but but but I recently found the Nokia 6.2. Maaaaa men is that a nice device and it costs usd 249 unlocked at Amazon
    I think I found myself a new device with this iconic brand.

Regards
    John Albert likes this.
    11-10-19 12:17 PM
    My wife, being a die hard Samsung fan, coersed me into getting a galaxy note10 plus to replace my Passport. Currently using with my private sim. K1 still for work.

Not a fan of the VKB but it's serviceable. I might like it less if it was my work phone.

Great hardware and screen. The "smart" pen it comes with is kinda cool. Doesn't have a head phone jack, but the ear buds that came with it plug into the USB-c port.

No LED light though and I am a person who likes that. Someone in another thread siad there is a way to set up the flash light to function as a notification.
    11-10-19 12:45 PM
    For you.

Let me extremely clear here. I in no way care what you use. I’m glad you use what works best for you and believe everything you say about you.

It’s as if some of you were working for BlackBerry as they fell from grace. I can see you all arguing “we don’t have to change, it’s all about email and notification lights. That’s what everyone wants!”

The fact remains that just because 10 people on CrackBerry still like BB10 means nothing. I hope you all continue to get support for it. You can continue to argue what is “best” if that makes you feel better but it won’t sell phones.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
    I don't, and never have, cared about who "wins" the phone wars. I care only about an honest assessment of how to get work done. I definitely don't see it as my job to care about "selling phones."

Frankly, I don't have a lot of patience for anyone "promoting" anything on these forums. Not Android. not iOS, not BB10, and not BBOS. I am here to share my experiences and compare notes with others to help each other be productive on our chosen tech. If you tell me that you appreciate the huge range of apps you can access on your Android phone, or the simplicity of your iPhone, I get it, and I appreciate hearing about your experience.

What's boring is people saying negative things about other people's choices that are simply obvious, such as that BB10 has fewer users than Android, or that Android has more apps. I use BB10, iOS and Android daily, and I want to hear people talk in detail about what they like and don't like about all of them.

At the end of the day, we use these devices to get stuff done. What's interesting is that we all do different stuff and have different priorities and perspectives.

tazcubed likes this.
    11-10-19 12:57 PM
    A 2nd hand Classic or Passport

Posted via Classic Immortal edition
    11-10-19 02:25 PM
    Anyone have a handset in mind for their next upgrade? My K2 is in pretty rough shape, so I'm trying to figure out what I'll do if/when they officially announce no K3.

I came across the new Motorola RAZR the other day - I'm not one to hop on the foldable display bandwagon, but it looks like a really cool concept.
    Just buy another Key2.
    11-10-19 02:50 PM
    I'll hold onto my KeyOne Black and move to any successor of the Unihertz: Titan if not the first iteration of the rugged Titan itself.

Attachment 446521
    Wher can one buy one?
    11-10-19 02:52 PM

*slow clap*

Most of the iPhones that are available today from Apple aside from maybe the 8 are too big for an average person to reach the top without changing the position of their hand (something that increases the chances of dropping it).
    11-10-19 03:42 PM
    We really need a new iteration of the Passport. I don't care if it has android just GIMME!!!

But if they want to make running BB12 or 20 I'll take that too!!!

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    11-10-19 04:08 PM
    We really need a new iteration of the Passport. I don't care if it has android just GIMME!!!

But if they want to make running BB12 or 20 I'll take that too!!!

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    Now if we could just find a way to shed some weight off of the Unihertz Titan...
    11-10-19 04:18 PM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    moved on to samsung s10+ .. no regrets, but still have two passports for backup and such ...
    John Albert likes this.
    11-10-19 04:53 PM
    I'll likely go with a Pixel as there is no bloatware like Samsung and others.
    11-10-19 05:04 PM
    *slow clap*

Most of the iPhones that are available today from Apple aside from maybe the 8 are too big for an average person to reach the top without changing the position of their hand (something that increases the chances of dropping it).
    I generally don’t use my phone one handed, nor need to. I don’t think it’s a big thing for the general population.
    11-10-19 05:14 PM
    Just buy another Key2.
    It was a thought, but if I'm going to buy another phone, I just don't think it makes sense to knowingly get something that wont be getting any OS updates.
    11-10-19 05:41 PM
    I generally don’t use my phone one handed, nor need to. I don’t think it’s a big thing for the general population.
    Many of the best things in the world aren't a big thing for the general population. But many of us don't want to live our lives based on the lowest common denominator of mass consumption. If we decide that popularity is the same as quality we will miss out on a lot of the best things that human civilization has to offer.

bh7171 and johnsliderbb like this.
    11-10-19 06:53 PM
    Many of the best things in the world aren't a big thing for the general population. But many of us don't want to live our lives based on the lowest common denominator of mass consumption. If we decide that popularity is the same as quality we will miss out on a lot of the best things that human civilization has to offer.

We cannot provide everything for everybody. The “we” you speak of don’t have the voice or the means, in numbers, to allow for all their wants to be met. We all have to compromise. There are lots of things I think should/could be different but that doesn’t mean they are overall better nor that they are sustainable. We’re not talking human rights here, we’re talking technology.
    11-10-19 07:05 PM
    Dan, I'll be watching your choice closely. I know you like to collect and tryout a lot of devices and I've learned to respect your opinion. Well, except your football team GO HAWKS!
    Wow. I never thought I'd ever read about having a respected opinion on CB... thanks! Lol

I've been buying up every BlackBerry that gets released as if they were Pokemon, but the end of new BlackBerry hardware has me moving in a more fiscally responsible direction. After the Titan, I'm going to give the ole wallet a chance to heal.

I want a stock Android experience with no bloat in my daily driver so I've started using my Pixel 3 a bit more around the house as a Wi-Fi only device. The only thing that stopping me from commiting to it is the fact that's it single SIM.

I was so thrilled when TCL started releasing dual SIM BlackBerrys. It changed my life. Unfortunately if I go with the Pixel 3, I will have to go back to dual carrying

As for my football team... technically, since I'm from Toronto, I should be cheering for the Argos. But Toronto is notorious for being too snobby for the CFL! So instead, I'll see you on MNF where Jimmy G and friends will show the world why the Niners are the only undefeated team left in the NFL!!!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    11-10-19 07:16 PM
    It was a thought, but if I'm going to buy another phone, I just don't think it makes sense to knowingly get something that wont be getting any OS updates.
    True, but if you want a keyboard, even the best, most updated slab in the world won't cut it
    11-10-19 08:49 PM
    True, but if you want a keyboard, even the best, most updated slab in the world won't cut it
    I also had the itch to get another KEY2 but knowing it's not getting another OS update plus the keyboard in my opinion isn't "Blackberry " quality so the decision is easy........wait for something better or nothing at all
    11-10-19 09:13 PM
    I also had the itch to get another KEY2 but knowing it's not getting another OS update plus the keyboard in my opinion isn't "Blackberry " quality so the decision is easy........wait for something better or nothing at all
    To many, they would rather jump to slab than to have an unsatisfactory BB experience.

That makes sense in a way.

But to me, I'd rather have a "GhostBerry" or a "MockBerry" than NoBerry.

It's still something, better than nothing.
    11-10-19 09:18 PM
555 ... 678910 ...