Posted via CB10
    What are you using now?
    11-07-19 08:19 PM
    What are you using now?
    Hello,

Using two main phones.
    Priv and Key2
    Both with the same accounts and apps.

As a third phone there is my beloved Z30 which is always on at home.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    11-07-19 08:30 PM
    Hello,

Using two main phones.
    Priv and Key2
    Both with the same accounts and apps.

As a third phone there is my beloved Z30 which is always on at home.

Posted via CB10
    THAT explains your CB10 signature
    NRB likes this.
    11-07-19 08:32 PM
    THAT explains your CB10 signature
    Yes it does hahahaha

I tend to use the Z30 when I'm at home to read news with FeedMinder and do some CrackBerry. Do some emails as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-19 08:38 PM
    Hello,

Google Pixel 3a
    Samsung Galaxy A50

Posted via CB10
    Nice choice.
    I got myself A50 for 307$ 6/128Gb for work.
    Also use iphone 7 that still rocks iOS13 for personal device.
    11-08-19 02:15 AM
    Nice choice.
    I got myself A50 for 307$ 6/128Gb for work.
    Also use iphone 7 that still rocks iOS13 for personal device.
    Hello,

What's your experience with the Galaxy A50?
    Regards

Posted via CB10
    11-08-19 10:11 AM
    Hello,

What's your experience with the Galaxy A50?
    Regards

Posted via CB10
    Very good device for the price. Camera is good but not outstanding. It's fast. Bigger screen gives me advantages in doing excel and reading schematic that comes in pdf. Simply overkill just doing office work in it. Minus, bottom speaker is not loud enough but still produces clear audio.
    11-09-19 04:04 AM
    They’ve already gone away. Remember, when BlackBerry was king, everyone had one. Now they are few and far between. I hear people comment that it is actually nice to not be stressed about a notification light going off every 5 seconds. People have gotten used to it.
    With that said, I think if Apple designed it well and made it a feature you could turn on or off, so be it. Mine would be off.
    There's this cool trick that I've not told many but I will share with just you. When you don't want to see a light or notification turn the phone on its face. Crazy idea I know but it works.

Another one is to not take it out of your pocket and leave it on silent.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    tazcubed likes this.
    11-09-19 07:19 AM
    There's this cool trick that I've not told many but I will share with just you. When you don't want to see a light or notification turn the phone on its face. Crazy idea I know but it works.

Another one is to not take it out of your pocket and leave it on silent.

Those are bandaids. Being able to turn off the function would be an acceptable answer.
    Crazy idea, eh?
    11-09-19 07:23 AM
    Those are bandaids. Being able to turn off the function would be an acceptable answer.
    Crazy idea, eh?
    Lol. It's your way or the Highway isn't is?

It's not a bandaid, it's actually a common practice.

tazcubed likes this.
    11-09-19 07:40 AM
    Lol. It's your way or the Highway isn't is?

It's not a bandaid, it's actually a common practice.

Are you even serious? You don’t like choice?
    I don’t want something forced on me. What is your issue with being able to turn a function off?
    11-09-19 07:41 AM
    Are you even serious? You don’t like choice?
    I don’t want something forced on me. What is your issue with being able to turn a function off?
    Totally serious.
    To be honest everything we have with these phones is forced on us. We simply use it the way they intend us to use it. Yes there are ways to customize but in the end it's their phone their designs with Google's blessing.

God has given me strength to accept the things that I can not change and given me courage to accept one day I may not have a 3.5mm headphone jack lol.

11-09-19 07:46 AM
    Totally serious.
    To be honest everything we have with these phones is forced on us. We simply use it the way they intend us to use it. Yes there are ways to customize but in the end it's their phone their designs with Google's blessing.

God has given me strength to accept the things that I can not change and given me courage to accept one day I may not have a 3.5mm headphone jack lol.

3.5mm headphone jacks, expandable memory, etc. Those are hardware that, for the most part, we have been forced to live without. We adjust, but still I wish we had the choice. Surely you would agree the lack of PKB phones is another feature (or lack thereof) you wish were not forced on you, correct?

When I had my old a Blackberry phones I did exactly what you said which was put it face down. Easy peasy. Phones have come a long way since then and the features we can control have improved. I can toggle on and off notifications for each app on my iPhone including the lock screen, Notification Center and banners. Makes it very customizable.

That’s all I’m saying. I like choice.
    11-09-19 07:56 AM
    3.5mm headphone jacks, expandable memory, etc. Those are hardware that, for the most part, we have been forced to live without. We adjust, but still I wish we had the choice. Surely you would agree the lack of PKB phones is another feature (or lack thereof) you wish were not forced on you, correct?

When I had my old a Blackberry phones I did exactly what you said which was put it face down. Easy peasy. Phones have come a long way since then and the features we can control have improved. I can toggle on and off notifications for each app on my iPhone including the lock screen, Notification Center and banners. Makes it very customizable.

I agree but if I may offer one scenario that I know happens to me often is when I put my phone on silent in a meeting or such I sometimes forget to switch it back to normal profile. Hence if my phone was face down I would not be distracted by a light and would not have to remember to go into my phone to turn this function back on. It just seems like an overkill option to me but that again is my personal preference for my specific needs.

11-09-19 08:00 AM
    I agree but if I may offer one scenario that I know happens to me often is when I put my phone on silent in a meeting or such I sometimes forget to switch it back to normal profile. Hence if my phone was face down I would not be distracted by a light and would not have to remember to go into my phone to turn this function back on. It just seems like an overkill option to me but that again is my personal preference for my specific needs.

Interesting fact but think of this.

When iPhones first came out, many people consider less customization and options than BlackBerry at time. When Android comes out, many claim better since it offers customization that iOS supposedly lacks. Meanwhile, later, much later, BB10 comes out missing all kinds of hardware and software features plus an ecosystem.

Had BB10 truly developed beyond updates after the decimal point, ie BB11, BB12 and such, wouldn’t improvements and choice have naturally developed? We’re seeing an OS harmonization in mobile between Android/iOS similar to desktop between Windows/macOS In terms of similar features.

I find it very interesting that we all defended all types of BB lack of something because it’s just BB always.
    11-09-19 08:25 AM

I find it very interesting that we all defended all types of BB lack of something because it’s just BB always.
    I think you mistake me for some Berry bush lover. The discussion has nothing to do with Blackberry, windows, Android or Apple. My point is regarding the light and the idea of an option I find trivial at best.

No offence intended
    11-09-19 08:39 AM
    I think you mistake me for some Berry bush lover. The discussion has nothing to do with Blackberry, windows, Android or Apple. My point is regarding the light and the idea of an option I find trivial at best.

No offence intended
    In your case, “BlackBerry Passport” die-hard. With BBOS, the OS was the hook. With BB10, the specific device, in your case and for many others, the Passport is the iconic piece that demands the loyalty. It’s blinding like the strobe light setting my daughters use on Snapchat and you’re immersed. That’s cool though because it does fit your CB name really well. Except if you’re really action hero guy, then explains the ACL but age is catching up.

No offense ever taken from you... it’s always good
    11-09-19 08:48 AM
    In your case, “BlackBerry Passport” die-hard. With BBOS, the OS was the hook. With BB10, the specific device, in your case and for many others, the Passport is the iconic piece that demands the loyalty. It’s blinding like the strobe light setting my daughters use on Snapchat and you’re immersed. That’s cool though because it does fit your CB name really well. Except if you’re really action hero guy, then explains the ACL but age is catching up.

No offense ever taken from you... it’s always good
    Age sucks for body and phones lol.
    Lol.
    11-09-19 08:54 AM

With reference to your preference regarding the LED, in BB10 you are able to create or customize a profile which does not use the LED light.
    Also on My Oneplus 3T if set to silent profile using the slider button (which offers three settings, silent, vibrate and normal) you do not get any notification nor LED notification. This is like a bedside mode but for some is useful in day to day.

On BB10 there are a plethora of options for notification but on the Oneplus 3T it is setup the way it is and forced upon us lol. Although I do love the way Oneplus does things.

11-09-19 09:30 AM

If you like options/customization, an iPhone should be the very last one on your list.

Technically, any of the recent Galaxy S phones are jam packed with just about all the features.

But if a PKB you're looking for, we already know the options lol
    tazcubed likes this.
    11-10-19 01:47 AM
    A Lightphone II
    or
    The rumored iPhone SE2 (I'll just have to cover up the Apple logo with a piece of electrical tape.)
    11-10-19 07:59 AM
    If you like options/customization, an iPhone should be the very last one on your list.

Technically, any of the recent Galaxy S phones are jam packed with just about all the features.

But if a PKB you're looking for, we already know the options lol
    iPhone has come a long way with options. I’m not talking customization. Options for notifications is excellent.
    11-10-19 08:34 AM
    Options for notifications is excellent.
    How so?

To me it's the same notification banners on the top of the display that require you to awkwardly stretch your hand to reach them.
    11-10-19 10:43 AM
    Wrong reply. Sorry!
    11-10-19 11:10 AM
    iPhone has come a long way with options. I’m not talking customization. Options for notifications is excellent.
    I receive hundreds of messages a day across two personal and five professional accounts. At any point in time I only care about 1-3 of them. On Android, I have to scan my notifications with the screen on hundreds of times a day to know what's come in. On my BB10 phones I can leave the screen off and rely on the color of the LED to know if I have to pick it up.

The LED, plus BB10's unlimited notification profiles and contact-level notification overrides allow me to stay focused on productive work rather than being a slave to my handset.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    tazcubed likes this.
    11-10-19 11:16 AM
555 ... 56789 ...