LOL

Come on it's a 300$ mediocre phone. Slap a keyboard on it won't judge its $300 more. I know we value things differently, but 300$ price bumps is silly. Beside, it's also a mediocre keyboard at best..
    If we're talking about one that has a firm spacebar, and the capacitive keyboard doesn't go crazy, then I'd say it's a pretty damn good keyboard, and better than the LE, KEYone and Priv.

However if it has one of (or both) of the above issues, then no, these other phones would make for a better experience.

It's the inconsistency of QC from one unit to another that's the problem.

They can make really reliable devices and keyboards... they just aren't great at making sure each and every unit that comes off the assembly line has the same attention to detail.
    11-06-19 11:03 AM
    You mean almost no one cares about it enough to go out of their way to buy a phone that has one.

But if their phone had one and gave them the option to disable it, I really don't see why they wouldn't just leave it.

It's just useful and efficient
    Very true and if Apple built them into their phones I’m sure some would use them. Especially if they were pretty colors.
    11-06-19 11:08 AM
    Among what smartphone? Every manufacturers who claim that they make a phone with best in class camera always have competitors to begin with.

If blackberryMo could really make a great hardware, better camera, better wireless reception, stable OS, best integrity between workspaces, at a reasonable pricepoint. I would gladly back to use one. Not a mediocre device, slap on a keyboard with buggy capacitive, put a rubber and berry logo on the back, then sell it for 600$.
    That's a bit deluded right there. I'd pay a grand for the key2 easily. Never had issues with it, runs perfectly. I love how you dismiss features as nothing, just tacked on afterthought. A lot more thought goes into the design and features, than what you'd rave about on your phone of choice.

As for the key board, everyones knows blackberry made them the best. Anyone else that tried it came up with a terrible product. Look what samsung did recently with that add on, how bad it is. Or the niche fundraised developed ones, that pale in comparison.
    11-06-19 03:02 PM
    Very true and if Apple built them into their phones I’m sure some would use them. Especially if they were pretty colors.
    A fully customizable LED setup would be awesome, where you can select the color you want for each app as well as the LED flashing speed. And also a different color for a specific contact in e-mail/sms.

WhatsApp already has this for Android, and it works pretty damn well.
    11-06-19 03:04 PM
    Almost no one wants a notification light.
    Speak for yourself, I'm still fond of it.
    11-06-19 03:08 PM
    Speak for yourself, I'm still fond of it.
    I am of course speaking for myself. The fact that you don’t see it come on lists of wants from consumers speaks for others.
    You are on an island of your own and will have to accept what the majority wants.
    John Albert likes this.
    11-06-19 03:58 PM
    If it has to be glass only after 15 years it must be sustainable at least.
    https://www.fairphone.com/en/

But for now my PRIV is still rocking - I'm rather the slow adopter kind.
    11-06-19 03:59 PM
    A fully customizable LED setup would be awesome, where you can select the color you want for each app as well as the LED flashing speed. And also a different color for a specific contact in e-mail/sms.

WhatsApp already has this for Android, and it works pretty damn well.
    I can see Apple turning their logo (on the iPhone, iPad, etc.) into a multifunction notification light. They are known for taking things that already exist, improving them and marketing to their consumers. We’ll have to wait and see.
    11-06-19 04:01 PM
    I can see Apple turning their logo (on the iPhone, iPad, etc.) into a multifunction notification light. They are known for taking things that already exist, improving them and marketing to their consumers. We’ll have to wait and see.
    The Razor phones have this, the logo on the back acts as a notification LED.

Except... it's on the back, so it would be nice to have something on the front as well. Whether it's through a separate hardware part, or a few pixels of the display acting as one.

Look at Apple's iPhones and their gigantic notch that has been there since 2017, I don't buy that there isn't room somewhere in there for a simple LED.

It's an extra feature that shouldn't cost too much to implement but is very effective.
    11-06-19 04:08 PM
    The Razor phones have this, the logo on the back acts as a notification LED.

Except... it's on the back, so it would be nice to have something on the front as well. Whether it's through a separate hardware part, or a few pixels of the display acting as one.

Look at Apple's iPhones and their gigantic notch that has been there since 2017, I don't buy that there isn't room somewhere in there for a simple LED.

It's an extra feature that shouldn't cost too much to implement but is very effective.
    There’s supposedly a patent where they’re doing something with the logo, that’s why I bring it up.
    The notch is not giant! LOL. I hardly notice it but they could definitely put a tiny light there. That just isn’t them though. Go big or go home.
    11-06-19 04:10 PM
    I'd pay a grand for the key2 easily.
    I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.
    11-06-19 04:48 PM
    If it has to be glass only after 15 years it must be sustainable at least.
    https://www.fairphone.com/en/

But for now my PRIV is still rocking - I'm rather the slow adopter kind.
    For a VKB with it’s specs, compared to even the BBMo Motion or BBOptiemus Evolve at introduction, Fairphone seems overpriced.
    11-06-19 06:41 PM
    Get another used Key2
    11-06-19 06:43 PM
    If we're talking about one that has a firm spacebar, and the capacitive keyboard doesn't go crazy, then I'd say it's a pretty damn good keyboard, and better than the LE, KEYone and Priv.

However if it has one of (or both) of the above issues, then no, these other phones would make for a better experience.

It's the inconsistency of QC from one unit to another that's the problem.

They can make really reliable devices and keyboards... they just aren't great at making sure each and every unit that comes off the assembly line has the same attention to detail.
    Yeah. For me, the keyboard is good but not that good actually. The swipe to scroll is lacking, mostly the scrolling in apps or web browser is not smooth, end up using the screen instead. It's like only 2 top row of the key that has the capacitive. Don't know if it's hardware qc or software provlem. I just don't see how its 600$ judge, it just doesn't work for me.
    11-06-19 08:19 PM
    That's a bit deluded right there. I'd pay a grand for the key2 easily. Never had issues with it, runs perfectly. I love how you dismiss features as nothing, just tacked on afterthought. A lot more thought goes into the design and features, than what you'd rave about on your phone of choice.

As for the key board, everyones knows blackberry made them the best. Anyone else that tried it came up with a terrible product. Look what samsung did recently with that add on, how bad it is. Or the niche fundraised developed ones, that pale in comparison.
    Yeah I believe it runs perfectly, for you. The features except those 50+ set of buttons have already exist in any androids. It's ok a grand works for you. But it's not, by my standard.
    11-06-19 08:23 PM
    Yeah. For me, the keyboard is good but not that good actually. The swipe to scroll is lacking, mostly the scrolling in apps or web browser is not smooth, end up using the screen instead. It's like only 2 top row of the key that has the capacitive. Don't know if it's hardware qc or software provlem. I just don't see how its 600$ judge, it just doesn't work for me.
    All three rows of the keyboard are supposed to be capacitive, not just the top two.
    11-06-19 09:11 PM
    For a VKB with it’s specs, compared to even the BBMo Motion or BBOptiemus Evolve at introduction, Fairphone seems overpriced.
    Well the point is all other phones are underpriced cause they are not produced in fair conditions for workers and the environment.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-ethical-phone
    11-06-19 11:53 PM
    Almost no one wants a notification light.
    almost who? I, for one, love the notification lights, set to different colours for different apps.. hope they make a bigger one on their next smartphone like the one on the bold or curve..
    11-07-19 12:56 AM
    almost who? I, for one, love the notification lights, set to different colours for different apps.. hope they make a bigger one on their next smartphone like the one on the bold or curve..
    Next phone? Majority rules unfortunately....
    11-07-19 05:46 AM
    Well the point is all other phones are underpriced cause they are not produced in fair conditions for workers and the environment.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-ethical-phone
    Unfortunately, the masses don’t seem to care. Apple supposedly follows some ethos like this but with real mass production, consumers vote, lastly and ultimately, their choice by purchase and payment.
    11-07-19 05:48 AM
    Well, you are one person on a planet of 7.7 billion, so we need a few more people before we decide.
    John Albert likes this.
    11-07-19 03:51 PM
    Well, you are one person on a planet of 7.7 billion, so we need a few more people before we decide.
    While no one seems to be really begging for a notification light, no one's cheering for them to go away either.

It's a very neutral feature that bothers no one and at the same time no one cares for.
    11-07-19 04:00 PM
    While no one seems to be really begging for a notification light, no one's cheering for them to go away either.

It's a very neutral feature that bothers no one and at the same time no one cares for.
    They’ve already gone away. Remember, when BlackBerry was king, everyone had one. Now they are few and far between. I hear people comment that it is actually nice to not be stressed about a notification light going off every 5 seconds. People have gotten used to it.
    With that said, I think if Apple designed it well and made it a feature you could turn on or off, so be it. Mine would be off.
    Last edited by TgeekB; 11-07-19 at 04:32 PM.
    John Albert likes this.
    11-07-19 04:03 PM
    They’ve already gone away. Remember, when BlackBerry was king, everyone had one. Now they are few and far between. I hear people comment that it is actually nice to not be stressed about a notification light going off every 5 seconds. People have gotten used to it.
    With that said, I think if Apple designed it well and made it a feature you could turn on or off, so be it. Mine would be off.
    mine will definitely be on for notification that I deem important.. 😁
    11-07-19 05:12 PM
    Hello,

Google Pixel 3a
    Samsung Galaxy A50

Posted via CB10
    11-07-19 06:40 PM
555 ... 45678 ...