I got tired of waiting on Blackberry/TCL for a Key3 (that I truly know will never happen.) I have on to iPhone 11, my first iPhone and I'm really impressed. I still play with my KeyOne but it's gotten so sluggish and I always have to do a power reset a couple times a day. Hopefully TCL will bring along some type a new phone to the the Blackberry lineup.
    10-21-19 04:35 AM
    some kind of phablet. I value horizontal width more than screen height. blame my fat fingers.
    10-21-19 06:06 AM
    If Blackberry phones are no more I may just go back to my Passport full-time and dual'carry an android phone to supplement. I'm not interested in spending more money on another touch screen phone I don't love using.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    10-21-19 06:26 AM
    Those don't seem to be US variants so the supported bands are different, for comparison,

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...UvbUpU13456286
    10-21-19 10:02 AM
    If Blackberry phones are no more I may just go back to my Passport full-time and dual'carry an android phone to supplement. I'm not interested in spending more money on another touch screen phone I don't love using.

I'd happily go back to the Passport, but there are some apps that I just can't do without anymore and sideloading and hoping for the best was such a headache.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    10-21-19 11:25 AM
    Those don't seem to be US variants so the supported bands are different, for comparison,

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...UvbUpU13456304
    Oh - I was responding to Elky64 (Canuck?) post and your reply thinking both of you are Canadian. Would those bands not work with Canadian carriers? I did not check but assumed they would not be sold otherwise (assumed wrongly perhaps lol). Good price though on those Nokia's if they work here.
    10-21-19 11:44 AM
    I'd happily go back to the Passport, but there are some apps that I just can't do without anymore and sideloading and hoping for the best was such a headache.
    Hence the Dual carry mention giving me everything I want for social which really I don't absolutely need. I have all the apps and access to the web for the ones I don't. The Passport is still a refreshing option and it doesn't need to beg and wait for Android PIE lol

cyberdoggie likes this.
    10-21-19 12:30 PM
    Hence the Dual carry mention giving me everything I want for social which really I don't absolutely need. I have all the apps and access to the web for the ones I don't. The Passport is still a refreshing option and it doesn't need to beg and wait for Android PIE lol

I don't think my pockets are big enough to carry that phone and another haha.

Carrying two phones just doesn't seem like a viable solution for me. It's not the social apps, but moreso the banking & accounting and home control (alarm, smartthings, alexa) apps that I just need to make sure work.

We'll see what happens when the phone ships - crossing my fingers it's got full android support.
    10-21-19 06:12 PM
    The plan is to wait another year to see what options are coming down the pipe, the Key2 is doing fine, and if no one announces anything maybe I will pick up a Titan.
    10-21-19 08:48 PM
    Oh - I was responding to Elky64 (Canuck?) post and your reply thinking both of you are Canadian. Would those bands not work with Canadian carriers? I did not check but assumed they would not be sold otherwise (assumed wrongly perhaps lol). Good price though on those Nokia's if they work here.
    At first glance the B&H Photo variant should work but it'll depend on the carrier, the PDA Plaza variant might be more limited because it's missing bands like 4 and 66.
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-22-19 11:08 PM
    I loved (past tense) the Key2. The rugged frame and aesthetic (had the silver), the keyboard shortcuts to apps, security features DTek, locker, and the long battery life were my favorite qualities and I didn't really think the camera quality was that bad - it was acceptable. I bought mine in June last year and was hopeful a new Key3 update would be announced soon. Recently the phone's performance slowed and was wonky - I had an SD card and stored all my photos to that so the phone's memory was never even half full. This past weekend after a full charge I scanned my thumbprint and then the screen switched to ask for my passcode instead - ok. I entered it and the screen went black. Phone is now completely dead. All my passwords stored in the password keeper are also gone. I can recall many of them or get them as I log in to my accounts. In short - I was a BlackBerry fan but the quality of this phone since they outsourced to TCL is disappointing after this. I see why people are giving up on Blackberry hardware - I just bought the new iPhone 11 Pro (I own a MacBook Pro and iPad) and there really is no comparison - Apple eats Blackberry's lunch. The iPhone kills on so many levels (performance, usability, cameras, etc.). All the things I didn't care about much with the Blackberry are really nice to have now. I don't care if they come out with a Key3 - I will NEVER buy another licensed Blackberry product. If your Key2 is acting odd or slowing - back up your content and shop for SOMETHING else. My Crapberry Key2 is now a handsome paperweight.
    10-23-19 02:51 AM
    key2
    10-23-19 08:18 AM
    I loved (past tense) the Key2. The rugged frame and aesthetic (had the silver), the keyboard shortcuts to apps, security features DTek, locker, and the long battery life were my favorite qualities and I didn't really think the camera quality was that bad - it was acceptable. I bought mine in June last year and was hopeful a new Key3 update would be announced soon. Recently the phone's performance slowed and was wonky - I had an SD card and stored all my photos to that so the phone's memory was never even half full. This past weekend after a full charge I scanned my thumbprint and then the screen switched to ask for my passcode instead - ok. I entered it and the screen went black. Phone is now completely dead. All my passwords stored in the password keeper are also gone. I can recall many of them or get them as I log in to my accounts. In short - I was a BlackBerry fan but the quality of this phone since they outsourced to TCL is disappointing after this. I see why people are giving up on Blackberry hardware - I just bought the new iPhone 11 Pro (I own a MacBook Pro and iPad) and there really is no comparison - Apple eats Blackberry's lunch. The iPhone kills on so many levels (performance, usability, cameras, etc.). All the things I didn't care about much with the Blackberry are really nice to have now. I don't care if they come out with a Key3 - I will NEVER buy another licensed Blackberry product. If your Key2 is acting odd or slowing - back up your content and shop for SOMETHING else. My Crapberry Key2 is now a handsome paperweight.
    That sounds like a super frustrating experience. I've been using my K2 since release, and luckily haven't had any issues like that. It's been running smoothly, and overall I'm happy with the hardware. I think with any peice of technology, you're bound to run into some issues - so many many variables, once it gets into the hands of the end-user. You could walk into an Apple store any day of the week and find endless tech support issues.

As far as all the specs go, that's one thing I also wish could be done better. While Samsung and Apple are pushing the limits on performance and features, BlackBerry (TCL) is really just pushing out a mid-tier phone with a keyboard. It's enough to get ME to buy, but I can understand why people would want to jump ship.
    10-23-19 05:03 PM
    That sucks and I can understand why you jumped ship.

However, don't keep a paperweight. Sell that thing on eBay for parts.

Actually... I'm tempted to swap that silver frame into my Red KEY2 lol

The more I use my slab the more I realize just how mediocre the KEY2's display is.

An OLED on a KEY3 is a MUST for me or goodbye BlackBerry Mobile.

For now, I'm seriously eyeing the F(x) Tec Pro 1 as it'll give me both an OLED and a keyboard but without the abysmal performance of the Priv and without the cheapness of the S8 with its keyboard cover.

They better not recycle the same inferior 4.5" LCD again.

And it's not even an industry leading LCD at that, the iPhones LCD panels are miles ahead in terms of color accuracy and just overall beauty.
    10-23-19 09:20 PM
    As much as I loved my Atomic Key2 LE, I recently sold it and leased the Galaxy Fold through AT&T. The first thing I did was downloaded BlackBerry Sevices/Hub - it works seamlessly on both the outer and inner screens of the Fold. The Fold is an awesome device and its form factor is a game changer. I used to pray that TCL would produce a new Motion device as a slider. Now I think it would be better if they came out with a folding Motion. Imagine one with the BlackBerry Operating System lol! Maybe it should be called the Playbook2. I think I drank too much lol.
    Tsepz_GP and app_Developer like this.
    10-25-19 06:58 AM
    As much as I loved my Atomic Key2 LE, I recently sold it and leased the Galaxy Fold through AT&T. The first thing I did was downloaded BlackBerry Sevices/Hub - it works seamlessly on both the outer and inner screens of the Fold. The Fold is an awesome device and its form factor is a game changer. I used to pray that TCL would produce a new Motion device as a slider. Now I think it would be better if they came out with a folding Motion. Imagine one with the BlackBerry Operating System lol! Maybe it should be called the Playbook2. I think I drank too much lol.
    How's that inner screen holding up?
    10-25-19 07:49 AM
    No k3 mention in sight so I got a KX3.
    If no KEY3, what will you get?-30708.jpg
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-25-19 01:54 PM
    Blackberries are the only phones that get all the basic design elements done right, such as a back grip. I don't consider any other phones as genuine "phones". They're all at amateur levels in my opinion, regardless how good a camera is. Theyre all genuine camera knock off wanabe's. Once they start incorporating grip on the back, I might take the competition seriously. I won't be forced into buying cases right off the bat. Now as for the key2 red, that I own, it's a thing of beauty. Holding the phone is a dream, the back is textured and feels so nice. When you hold the phone, with the finger on the back blackberry icon drupelets and thumb on the textured side button, for that ultimate grip. This is beautiful design. Ur fingers can't slip and lose grip no matter what direction you face it. Even if your finger slides gently it falls between the textured button and the one next to it, so it makes a snug trap/grip. That along with the actual design and keyboard, oh so perfect. It's unfortunate you got a bad egg, but all phones have those. I'd never trade this for an iphone 11 pro. I'm out to get a real camera, to go along with my real phone.
    shrenik301 likes this.
    10-25-19 08:46 PM
    Blackberries are the only phones that get all the basic design elements done right, such as a back grip. I don't consider any other phones as genuine "phones". They're all at amateur levels in my opinion, regardless how good a camera is. Theyre all genuine camera knock off wanabe's. Once they start incorporating grip on the back, I might take the competition seriously. I won't be forced into buying cases right off the bat. Now as for the key2 red, that I own, it's a thing of beauty. Holding the phone is a dream, the back is textured and feels so nice. When you hold the phone, with the finger on the back blackberry icon drupelets and thumb on the textured side button, for that ultimate grip. This is beautiful design. Ur fingers can't slip and lose grip no matter what direction you face it. Even if your finger slides gently it falls between the textured button and the one next to it, so it makes a snug trap/grip. That along with the actual design and keyboard, oh so perfect. It's unfortunate you got a bad egg, but all phones have those. I'd never trade this for an iphone 11 pro. I'm out to get a real camera, to go along with my real phone.
    I agree with you, but we're in the minority. Obviously many people prioritize a portable camera with a screen for video, social media feeds, consumer apps, etc.

I spend 90%+ of my time reading and writing text, so I don't need all that screen space, or even a color screen, for that matter! I use my phone for multiple businesses in multiple settings, so for me, being able to create multiple customization profiles, instead of just "Do Not Disturb", "Normal", and "Priority" is more valuable to me.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    10-26-19 05:38 AM
    I agree with you, but we're in the minority. Obviously many people prioritize a portable camera with a screen for video, social media feeds, consumer apps, etc.

I spend 90%+ of my time reading and writing text, so I don't need all that screen space, or even a color screen, for that matter! I use my phone for multiple businesses in multiple settings, so for me, being able to create multiple customization profiles, instead of just "Do Not Disturb", "Normal", and "Priority" is more valuable to me.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    I think the issue is the phone is misunderstood by most. It is capable of achieving what the average person wants out of a phone. I probably spend as much time on social media than the average person on my key2, and find it great. Then ofcourse is the business side of things. I can't really fault it.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    10-26-19 06:11 AM
    Exactly dude! I'm using my classic I just bought. I downgraded from a iphone 8 plus and I don't miss it, or social media. Haven't used it in weeks, and I feel great. Will keep this phone till 4G is no more, and if it goes down I will buy a passport and keep it as a daily driver. Have no interest in newer iphones or blackberry phones without BB10 software.
    10-27-19 05:24 PM
    But, does it get update? Lol
    11-03-19 05:10 AM
    If only TCL considered you a genuine customer and cared to properly support the thing

Thanks for a good laugh though.

I cannot imagine carrying around a separate every single place I go.
    11-03-19 08:13 AM
    Gotcha.
    I almost always buy my devices used. I’ve had very good success and have saved a ton of money. For instance I got my iPhone XR , 128gb, for $525. It’s in excellent condition and has served me well. I may end up selling it soon and will probably not lose much at all.
    But we all have different perspectives. I hope you find a good deal on a Nokia soon!
    Something funny about iPhone ownership, someone that I know who has an iPhone XS Max was tempted to trade it for a Samsung Note10+, but after shopping around he decided to stick to his XS Max, one of the main reasons being the iPhone price retention is so damn good. In a year’s time the Note10+ will probably be worth half of what a XS Max goes for and the 11 Pro Max will have seen minimal drop in value.

Had he swapped his 1 year old XS Max for a 3 month old Samsung he would have basically lost out in the deal

Apple has really done a great job in ensuring iPhone value stays high through:
    - Supporting devices for more than 2-3 years, the average iPhone is now seeing around 5years worth of updates
    - Strong after sales support network
    - keeping carriers out of branding their software into iPhones
    - building a robust Ecosystem: this is what has completely captured me, I love my Androids but the Apple ecosystem has completely taken me. Just signed up to Apple TV+ and enjoying The Morning Show, and I am shopping for either a new iPad or I’ll simply get the battery in my current iPad Air 2 replaced later this month, because despite the iPad Air 2 being 5 years old now (launched in 2014), it STILL gets the latest iOS updates and still runs just as smooth and fast as the latest tablets and interacts with my XS Max perfectly with Handoff, AirDrop etc....

To think BlackBerry were once at the very point where they could have built such an ecosystem to, but failed to capitalize on the opportunity.

People here talking about buying a separate camera to match owning devices that have a robust ecosystem is hilarious, I must say. Totally missing the point.
    Last edited by Tsepz_GP; 11-03-19 at 09:01 AM.
    John Albert likes this.
    11-03-19 08:50 AM
    Something funny about iPhone ownership, someone that I know who has an iPhone XS Max was tempted to trade it for a Samsung Note10+, but after shopping around he decided to stick to his XS Max, one of the main reasons being the iPhone price retention is so damn good. In a year’s time the Note10+ will probably be worth half of what a XS Max goes for and the 11 Pro Max will have seen minimal drop in value.

Had he swapped his 1 year old XS Max for a 3 month old Samsung he would have basically lost out in the deal

Apple has really done a great job in ensuring iPhone value stays high through:
    - Supporting devices for more than 2-3 years, the average iPhone is now seeing around 5years worth of updates
    - Strong after sales support network
    - keeping carriers out of branding their software into iPhones
    - building a robust Ecosystem: this is what has completely captured me, I love my Androids but the Apple ecosystem has completely taken me. Just signed up to Apple TV+ and enjoying The Morning Show, and I am shopping for either a new iPad or I’ll simply get the battery in my current iPad Air 2 replaced later this month, because despite the iPad Air 2 being 5 years old now (launched in 2014), it STILL gets the latest iOS updates and still runs just as smooth and fast as the latest tablets and interacts with my XS Max perfectly with Handoff, AirDrop etc....

To think BlackBerry were once at the very point where they could have built such an ecosystem to, but failed to capitalize on the opportunity.

People here talking about buying a separate camera to match owning devices that have a robust ecosystem is hilarious, I must say. Totally missing the point.
    Totally agree. iPhones hold their value much better than other phones. You really have to shop around to get a deal like I did. I find right before the new models come out is the best time because people become more desperate.

I bet I could run this Xr for the next 4 years or so and see little if any decline in its abilities.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-03-19 11:08 AM
555 12345 ...