Anyone have a handset in mind for their next upgrade? My K2 is in pretty rough shape, so I'm trying to figure out what I'll do if/when they officially announce no K3.

I came across the new Motorola RAZR the other day - I'm not one to hop on the foldable display bandwagon, but it looks like a really cool concept.
    10-18-19 11:43 PM
    I wouldn't expect any announcement - they simply won't release anything and will run out the clock on their contract.
    10-19-19 12:08 AM
    We'll just carry on as per usual...In 2017 the Motion rekindled the flame we lost in 2012 a smidgen but as time went on, it once again was snuffed out. Getting to a point (if not already there) that I think one would be better off buying a lotto ticket than expecting a new BB to surface.
    Last edited by Elky64; 10-20-19 at 06:39 PM.
    ppeters914 and skinnymike1 like this.
    10-19-19 12:38 AM
    I might be interested in the new Surface phone coming out next year, depending on the price.

but if not, I will see how long I can go on my Key2 LE. I really like physical keyboard phones.
    skinnymike1, bh7171 and Tim-ANC like this.
    10-19-19 01:35 AM
    Nokia 7.5, assuming Nokia keeps numbering their phones this way.
    John Albert likes this.
    10-19-19 01:38 AM
    As a blackberry type 2 PKB BlackBerry Android person, I'll keep tapping away for 2020 and probably as long as I can. If no BlackBerry, I'll pick another PKB if decent or might even look at the new MS Duo...
    10-19-19 02:03 AM
    Hopefully, Nokia is going to release a true flagship at MWC 2020.
    10-19-19 02:24 AM
    Nokia 7.5, assuming Nokia keeps numbering their phones this way.
    Nokia sparks my interest somewhat as well... Were great during the during the Windows phone days imo.
    10-19-19 03:15 AM
    Nokia sparks my interest somewhat as well... Were great during the during the Windows phone days imo.
    Currently running a Nokia 6.1. Good phone with excellent build quality at a great price. I also owned multiple Nokia WP. After a clean start in its revamped android introduction several years back, they seem to following their WP days with crazy model numbering and design differences. Hopefully they can settle on a design strategy and run with it.

Android one and the timely support / updates are a welcome changed from the bloated offerings from other OEMs.
    Elky64 and elfabio80 like this.
    10-19-19 06:21 AM
    I have a 7.1. It’s a really nice phone and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
    Elky64 and elfabio80 like this.
    10-19-19 07:59 AM
    I see a Planet Computers Cosmo Communicator in my future. It looks fabulous. I hope I can cope with Android as my last excursion to Droidtown with the Motion was disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-19 09:05 AM
    At this point, the question is only hypothetical and depends on two major factors:
    1. If another Blackberry phone is released.
    2. If not, when I would decide to upgrade.

If the hypothetical were not as such and I was forced to upgrade today, I would choose either the Samsung Galaxy A50 or Google Pixel 3a. They're perfectly adequate for my purposes if I have to force my hand. Probably the Samsung A50, as they seem to take privacy a bit more seriously. Thankfully, I don't have to make this decision for at least another few years.
    10-19-19 09:23 AM
    Same here. Though the new 7.2 looks great.
    10-19-19 09:23 AM
    My wife went from the K1 to Samsung S10 and regrets it. I just got the K2. Would like to get a phone with Sailfish
    10-19-19 10:12 AM
    Currently running a Nokia 6.1. Good phone with excellent build quality at a great price. I also owned multiple Nokia WP. After a clean start in its revamped android introduction several years back, they seem to following their WP days with crazy model numbering and design differences. Hopefully they can settle on a design strategy and run with it.

Android one and the timely support / updates are a welcome changed from the bloated offerings from other OEMs.
    Almost pulled the trigger on the 6.1 a couple of times but since wasn't in the market for a new device (did not "need" LOL) thought better of it. Still own my Nokia L830 which isn't of much use now, regrettably sold off my L1020 wishing we had kept just for it's uniqueness.

I'm definitely now a timely support/update kind of person. Never had a device w/Android One yet wouldn't mine giving it a go, no problem adapting if need be. One area that keeps me at bay is in the battery department, all my devices now start @ 3400 mAh going up from there now so buying anything w/less becomes less of an option... Yeah I'll admit I'm too focused on that aspect yet love have devices that can go 2 days or more w/o worry.
    10-19-19 03:17 PM
    I'll hold onto my KeyOne Black and move to any successor of the Unihertz: Titan if not the first iteration of the rugged Titan itself.

If no KEY3, what will you get?-unihertz-titan.jpg
    cyberdoggie and Rallyfia like this.
    10-19-19 03:45 PM
    That's where my focus is now "not costing an arm and a leg". The Motion was my first device that proved it's not all about specs or being the most expensive to be capable, where my needs are concerned of course. Camera is important so a decent shoot IS a prerequisite for me.

Did a little browsing today for Canadian availability (Nokia 6.1 and up) and it appears they aren't as prominent like they were a short few months back. Yes did find yet more scarce for whatever reason, or a wee bit pricier than I remember. Oh well, there's lots of other fish in the sea to choose from.
    10-19-19 03:58 PM
    That's where my focus is now "not costing an arm and a leg". The Motion was my first device that proved it's not all about specs or being the most expensive to be capable, where my needs are concerned of course. Camera is important so a decent shoot IS a prerequisite for me.

Did a little browsing today for Canadian availability (Nokia 6.1 and up) and it appears they aren't as prominent like they were a short few months back. Yes did find yet more scarce for whatever reason, or a wee bit pricier than I remember.
    Where were you browsing?
    10-19-19 03:59 PM
    Where were you browsing?
    Went to Nokia.ca site, their retailers for say the 6.1 are now broken, don't show a listing for 7.1 and up. Staples.ca, Best Buy.ca, Amazon.ca, Newegg.ca... Some nothing, over priced, without warranty, and so on.
    10-19-19 04:07 PM
    Went to Nokia.ca site, their retailers for say the 6.1 are now broken, don't show a listing for 7.1 and up. Staples.ca, Best Buy.ca, Amazon.ca, Newegg.ca... Some nothing, over priced, without warranty, and so on.
    Well, there’s always the used market if you don’t mind that. You can get a 7.1 for about $150 usd which is a steal in my book.
    Expandable storage, headphone jack, Android one, etc.
    10-19-19 04:12 PM
    I might be interested in the new Surface phone coming out next year, depending on the price.

but if not, I will see how long I can go on my Key2 LE. I really like physical keyboard phones.
    Speculation is that it will be $1,500+.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    10-19-19 04:21 PM
    I'll run my KEYone / BB10 combo until neither works anymore, then, if there's no alternative to
    Android/iOS, I'll buy a lightweight 4/64 or so used Android for $100 cash, register it under an alias with a prepaid T-Mobile account, and use it as little as possible on the cell network

My primary device will be my ultra portable laptop with a fast data connection that I'll use as a WiFi hotspot for my handheld.

Until companies start paying me in cash for my personal data, I'm not interested in sharing it anymore. The free services they're currently offering are not a sufficient incentive for me.

cyberdoggie likes this.
    10-19-19 04:31 PM
    I am using these days beside my IPhone 7 plus a Google Pixel 3a. Pretty nice device, small and light. With the new Android version you can set more privacy options....but you have to loose a lot of time in order to set it properly. Only downside is the battery....sometimes it performs pretty good, sometimes it is a bit delusional.....

I wanted to give a try to this phone....since my previous experience with a Key2 LE was pretty bad (maybe a unit already kaputt). Here in Germany I found the pixel at Saturn for 299 euros....while the BB are expensive everywhere.... And no pie....
    10-19-19 04:34 PM
    Well, there’s always the used market if you don’t mind that. You can get a 7.1 for about $150 usd which is a steal in my book.
    Expandable storage, headphone jack, Android one, etc.
    Appreciate the suggestion yet used has never been a consideration with me. I know the risks are low in the grand scheme of things yet I draw the line there especially when talking smartphones. Besides, I'm very anal with my devices and if it's not pristine (like mine) then I could never sleep at night LOL... Time to see a shrink for my problem
    10-19-19 04:53 PM
    I'll run my KEYone / BB10 combo until neither works anymore, then, if there's no alternative to
    Android/iOS, I'll buy a lightweight 4/64 or so used Android for $100 cash, register it under an alias with a prepaid T-Mobile account, and use it as little as possible on the cell network

My primary device will be my ultra portable laptop with a fast data connection that I'll use as a WiFi hotspot for my handheld.

Until companies start paying me in cash for my personal data, I'm not interested in sharing it anymore. The free services they're currently offering are not a sufficient incentive for me.

For me controlled access to some of my data, based on how I utilize and set up my phone, is absolutely worth it to me. The services I receive from google, the ways in which it improves my life or makes it easier is well worth it. In fact, I have to admit, I don’t see how it has affected my life negatively.

I fully respect and understand your opinion though.
    10-19-19 04:54 PM
555 123 ...