Perhaps this post is needed from our point of view, somehow I dout its needed from the inside RIM point of view. For one if anyone believes this is not going on, during the middle of the largest company transition probably ever in the tech space. Their simply wrong. These are not easy times thats true. These are the best workers smartest minds in the space. They understand whats at stake and are up to the task. People are upset with the timeline more than the product yet nobody here understands whats being done. Therefor how long it should take. We all like to speak about what we think needs to happen yet not one here even has a clue what is happening. Therefor wile your thoughts are at time quality, they are infounded.
    Secondly a post like this only adds to the outcry in the media. I would not be supprized to see this blog turned into something its not in the american main stream media. My thoughts
    are that a post that actually rallies the troops at RIM instead of further isolating them would serve a much better purpose. Kevin why don't you actually use your power to rally the troops at RIM if you believe they are currently down, continuing the drum beet of the american media is missing the opportunity. My bet is that the RIM employees come to CB to read what people are saying, believing they will get a fair shake here. Why doesn't CB do more to ensure them we are fully behind them. We love the RIM employees for what they have done thus far and can't wait for what they will bring us in the future!!! BIG LOVE for these people...

edit: The biggest thing going against RIM right now is the fact that the American media is being paid to sell the iphone/pad around the world, the products are shown world wide, always in a positive light every minute at least. Only apple can afford that. it seems like the old school subliminal messaging is back!! lets not blame RIM employees.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 11-05-11 at 01:03 AM.
    11-05-11 12:52 AM
    I do not blame the RIM employees. I blame RIM's management, particularly their co-CEOs.
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    11-05-11 12:59 AM
    I do not blame the RIM employees. I blame RIM's management, particularly their co-CEOs.
    So in a year from now when BBX is the new platform, everyone at RIM is busy at making it fantastic and not spending all their time getting it out of the gate. When we all look back and say now I can see what was happening. What are you going to think. Better yet what is it that you would do to make the transition look as beautiful as everyone expects?
    11-05-11 03:38 AM
    So in a year from now when BBX is the new platform, everyone at RIM is busy at making it fantastic and not spending all their time getting it out of the gate. When we all look back and say now I can see what was happening. What are you going to think. Better yet what is it that you would do to make the transition look as beautiful as everyone expects?
    I would try my best to make tons of exhibitions around the world to show off the RIM OS and what it can do. Lots of TV adverts and stores. By stores I mean official Blackberry stores. Oh yeah, also an OS which is beautiful and fluid and isn't released prematurely
    11-05-11 04:04 AM
    Open more of those dedicated stores, make really clean, minimalist T.V adverts that eminate coolness and desirability. I haven't seen an OS 7 advert in the uk yet, I don't know if that's because it's early days, or they're keeping it under wraps for the launch of BBX...
    11-05-11 05:25 AM
    The advertising is lacking by all accounts. I cant explain it ither. I wonder if they are waiting until the system is unified. Once its tied together and more understandable to the masses perhaps they out the world wide add campain.
    Myself if I could have my own retail BB business I would have a mobile kiosk, traveling to major events or hitting high populated places to sell the product. Setting up to showcase the phones, BBM and connected apps, the PlayBook and bridge with the PB connected to the big screen. When you have enthusiastic people there to explain and educate the average consumer of the value prospect of BlackBerry, the product then sells itself!
    11-05-11 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD