1) Are devs shoving BB10 apps out at a rate of knots into BB World? Maybe not the one you personally want yet (I'm only 1 short now myself) but you can't deny it's growing fast. Surely there's no point as there's not enough of us to make any money from?
    2) Are BB even bothering to launch the Z30?
    3) Are we getting a ridiculous amount of VERY sexy updates to BB10, all within 6 months
    4) Is, at least 1 UK carrier, reportedly sold out of the Z10? Who, on asking, says 'I don't understand it, it's one of our most popular handsets'?
    5) Has another UK carrier just released an OS update to future proof the Z10 and Q10 for 4G? Why would they bother if they saw no future?

Look, anyone can come up with counter arguments to everything I've said above for the future but the truth right here, right now, is that ANYONE on BB10 (Q or Z) has a market leading piece of kit which is being supported, software wise, by both the manufacturer, good devs and the carriers (except some of the US ones!).

Will Blackberry survive? Who knows. To a certain extent, who cares. It's not like your phone will suddenly switch off and I've already got a Z10 which, looking at what others are doing means they are playing catch up and they'll copy it anyway so it's not like I'll be stuck for choice!

But it won't die in the next 2 years and too many good people have already put in too much effort to deliver the, quite frankly, amazing BB10 experience in comparison to it's competition.

Will they get the chance to deliver on what they are working on now that they promise will to take us to the next level, whatever the hell that is? I sincerely hope so.

But in the meantime let's all remember - despite rumour this or WSJ that, your BB10 device will shortly be updated to 10.2 and, from what I can see from leak lovers (not brave enough!) we are about to have a party...
    08-31-13 05:29 PM
    Power of the media........it IS far from over.

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    08-31-13 05:38 PM
    Long live BB!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    moody and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    08-31-13 05:39 PM
    BlackBerry HAS to survive. I NEED my bb!! And I need them to make me a bigger Q10 so they must keep moving forward!!

Squircle of Trust co-founder | 9810 OS7.1 | Q10 /.1323-URT
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    08-31-13 05:42 PM
    Blackberry has got way too much cool stuff going on to hit the skids now. Rock on Blackberry!
    moody, DJM626 and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    08-31-13 05:43 PM
    This week my bank - BB&T disc their BlackBerry app. And I couldn't get their mobile browser to work so I called them.

In our conversation I asked the lady why on earth would they no longer off their app - at least keep it for the older OS models?

She said, and I quote, "because BlackBerry is going away. People will only have either iphone or android.".

I almost hit the roof! I couldn't believe she actually said that to me!

Squircle of Trust co-founder | 9810 OS7.1 | Q10 /.1323-URT
    08-31-13 05:52 PM
    It's nice to see some logic on the Internet every once in a while

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 05:56 PM
    Very valid points.
    But if your planning to sell it does make sense to increase the value of your company by doing all of the above.
    I meam if they just stopped doing any of the above it would mean thay even they dont value what they have and you cant expect an outside investor to feel good about it.
    As far as devs are concerned any that are being released have been in the pipeline for some time and it would be a waste of resources to not release it.

Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 06:22 PM
    I like what you're saying ,it's like a breath of fresh air.
    08-31-13 06:35 PM
    If the Mayans who predicted that BlackBerry will die, ditto back to the media.
    08-31-13 06:35 PM
    I understand your concerns but reality is quite different than even the most tepid of support for BlackBerry. The management team, including Board of Misdirectors, send out conflicting messages sometimes within days of each other so we are left to speculate on the true path that is being charted for the company and its products/services. Instead of BlackBerry OS 10 thrusting the BlackBerry 10 smartphones into the forefront of smartphone buyers' minds and catering to the expectations of the legacy BlackBerry users the company decided BlackBerry Bridge was not an essential differentiator and its functionality crippled like a sadistic child pulling the legs off spiders, along with abandonment of the BlackBerry PlayBook despite management chatter surrounding a "mobile computing platform" whatever that means to BlackBerry management.

THE ONLY WAY BLACKBERRY CAN SURVIVE IS TO RID THE COMPANY OF THE CURRENT MANAGEMENT TEAM FROM CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER TO TEAM LEADS. THEY ARE THE CANCER WHICH MUST BE REMOVED; THE TIME FOR SURGICAL PRECISION HAS PAST...A RADICAL PROCEDURE SUCH AS 100% TRANSFUSION OF NEW BLOOD INTO THE ORGANISM IS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE BLACKBERRY.
    08-31-13 07:05 PM
    I understand your concerns but reality is quite different than even the most tepid of support for BlackBerry. The management team, including Board of Misdirectors, send out conflicting messages sometimes within days of each other so we are left to speculate on the true path that is being charted for the company and its products/services. Instead of BlackBerry OS 10 thrusting the BlackBerry 10 smartphones into the forefront of smartphone buyers' minds and catering to the expectations of the legacy BlackBerry users the company decided BlackBerry Bridge was not an essential differentiator and its functionality crippled like a sadistic child pulling the legs off spiders, along with abandonment of the BlackBerry PlayBook despite management chatter surrounding a "mobile computing platform" whatever that means to BlackBerry management.

THE ONLY WAY BLACKBERRY CAN SURVIVE IS TO RID THE COMPANY OF THE CURRENT MANAGEMENT TEAM FROM CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER TO TEAM LEADS. THEY ARE THE CANCER WHICH MUST BE REMOVED; THE TIME FOR SURGICAL PRECISION HAS PAST...A RADICAL PROCEDURE SUCH AS 100% TRANSFUSION OF NEW BLOOD INTO THE ORGANISM IS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE BLACKBERRY.
    This man speaks the truth

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 and Jifffer like this.
    08-31-13 07:15 PM
    Agreed. Current BlackBerry management are overpaid hacks who clearly don't understand how to sell a product.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 07:56 PM
    Agreed. Current BlackBerry management are overpaid hacks who clearly don't understand how to sell a product.

Posted via CB10
    At this point I'd be shocked if they could convince people to take their products for free.

It saddens me to watch an iconic industry pioneer wither on the vine of management apathy. BlackBerry Z10 should have been selling at a rate of one million units each month (consumer market primarily) and the BlackBerry Q10/Q5 at approximately two million units per month (enterprise market primarily) with some cross-over between these market segments. After six months a gradual tapering off of demand would be anticipated while the company develops another tablet which revived BlackBerry Bridge features while pushing the devices into vertical markets such as education, healthcare, law firms, law enforcement, etc.
    09-01-13 01:34 PM
    As I have said many times before, the finger should be pointed directly at the BB management, period.

These people have made good money for having a lack of vision and letting complacently set in and have left their heads buried in the sand like a confused ostrich.

I am afraid the numbers they need to make their current products successful have moved on to other platforms because of this and are not going to come back anytime soon.

I loved my z10 even after having the restart issues and exchanging four devices in a three week person, but none of my clients and/or friends and family use BB anymore and have moved on to IOS and Android and folks, that's the reality of the current situation whether you choose to accept it or not.

I really hope some high tech company buys the brand, **** cans the management and invest the time and resources to bring this brand back to the mainstream like it once was. We can only hope.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    09-01-13 02:42 PM
    [QUOTE=bakron1;9104150]As I have said many times before, the finger should be pointed directly at the BB management, period.

These people have made good money for having a lack of vision and letting complacently set in and have left their heads buried in the sand like a confused ostrich.

I am afraid the numbers they need to make their current products successful have moved on to other platforms because of this and are not going to come back anytime soon.

I loved my z10 even after having the restart issues and exchanging four devices in a three week person, but none of my clients and/or friends and family use BB anymore and have moved on to IOS and Android and folks, that's the reality of the current situation whether you choose to accept it or not.

So there you go the birth of another isheep...that's how it happens.
    09-01-13 05:56 PM
    In sheep???? No I am realist and the sales figures of Android and Apple IOS tells a different story my delusional friend.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    09-01-13 06:25 PM
    Hubris is what killed BlackBerry and that is something which still resonates within the companies management. The company is being run by incompetent, narrow-minded hacks who are more interested in looking after their own financial portfolios instead of making a company all that it could be.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    09-03-13 02:38 AM
    So T-Mobile US issue an update (despite rumours saying they're pulling out)...

More cool games come on board (someone must be making money or they wouldn't bother)...

A PlayBook update is leaked (that's an update that was promised due to lack of BB10 and no one (including me) believed would ever happen) - why are they bothering?

Cross platform BBM, 10.2 and at least 2 big name apps coming with it?

Negative speculation is rife but nothing from the board at all?

And a new devs conference is announced.

Tell you what, if it's just for show for a buyer it's a big show.

There's more going on here than meets the eye...

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    09-05-13 05:13 PM
    If I was being faced with a $50 million dollar reward I would be trying to sell off the company too!
    09-05-13 05:15 PM

It is the Board of Directors that makes all of these decisions not the management team. Sure sometimes the B of D is a rubber stamp but not on the big decisions.
    09-05-13 05:17 PM
    Well, you can say that but it's more than that. Following your logic you could also say

'They're only keeping it going to keep the staff in a job one more month! '

Whilst I understand that it has to be sold as a going concern, why would you bother with half of the activity going on?

Something's brewing with 10.2. Dunno what it is (Kris's leaks sort of confirm it) but something's coming...

09-05-13 05:22 PM
    Well, you can say that but it's more than that. Following your logic you could also say

'They're only keeping it going to keep the staff in a job one more month! '

Whilst I understand that it has to be sold as a going concern, why would you bother with half of the activity going on?

Something's brewing with 10.2. Dunno what it is (Kris's leaks sort of confirm it) but something's coming...

Let's hope so!

There has definitely been a lack of concrete information over the past weeks, and as OP mentions, lots of things are a-happening.
    09-05-13 05:36 PM