Instead of 1100 mAh or 1400 mAh batteries why can't they just make the phones slighter thicker and put in a 1950 mAh size battery?
    It will not only be thicker but also heavier, bigger is not the solution, better battery technology is needed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-11 10:11 AM
    It will not only be thicker but also heavier, bigger is not the solution, better battery technology is needed
    I agree, but, until they get better technology, I don't feel an extra ounce would kill me.
    01-10-11 10:20 AM
    Wow, this just popped up on twitter, I wonder what it is:
    @BlackBerry: January is SO cold...that's why we're kicking off #januberry with a few FIERY new smartphones�get ready, #teamblackberry! ^MS

01-10-11 10:21 AM
    Battery life took a big hit going from 2g to 3g, worth it by the way, but if it's same again with 4g no thank you.

So 2G-3G was worth the battery loss but 3g to 4G wont be?

I'd rather ***** about the weight of the device and be able to use it than ***** about short battery life. I have a feeling the Bionic is going to have great battery life anyways, and when not connected to LTE, even better with that 1950 mAh battery. We will see shortly.
    01-10-11 10:22 AM
    @BlackBerry: January is SO cold...that's why we're kicking off #januberry with a few FIERY new smartphones�get ready, #teamblackberry! ^MS
    INTERESTING...please keep us posted!
    01-10-11 10:24 AM

a RED Torch?? <g>
    01-10-11 10:27 AM
    a RED Torch?? <g>
    Lol, I hope not

01-10-11 10:29 AM
    a RED Torch?? <g>
    According to RIM, that would be a BIG announcement!
    01-10-11 10:52 AM
    Has anybody read Mike Lazaridis the CEO of RIM and his 10 year plan which is on the front main page of CB today?

There is not much that he says other than enough that I will not be using a BB at the end of March of this a year no matter what VZW has Android 3g or 4g LTE or iphone I know this much.

Sad that it seems to me anyway that BB has no plans like the Android market to bring people not only what they want but what they are buying just by looking at the market numbers and how close the 3 major platforms of phone are to each other.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 01-10-11 at 01:17 PM.
    01-10-11 01:13 PM
    Has anybody read Mike Lazaridis the CEO of RIM and his 10 year plan which is on the front main page of CB today?
    Yes, and he is bull****ing himself when he says this

I think it's because we're always thinking ahead, we're always planning ahead.
    Really, are you?

You think people want to carry around a dedicated media device and a dedicated communications device at the same time and not just all in one? You thought ahead when you only put 256mb RAM in your only full touch device when you knew OS6 would take more and you were developing it before the Storm 2 even released? You thought ahead when people wanted high res screens and you still slap on a 2 year old screen on your newest products? You though ahead in the year of 1GHz processors and used 624Mhz, the same one you used 2 years ago in your first 3G GSM device?

RIM may be thinking ahead now, but after the iPhone released, they stopped thinking for a good 2 years IMO.
    Last edited by avt123; 01-10-11 at 01:26 PM.
    alby4ever and JoelTruckerDude like this.
    01-10-11 01:24 PM

Really, are you?

You think people want to carry around a dedicated media device and a dedicated communications device at the same time and not just all in one? You thought ahead when you only put 256mb RAM in your only full touch device when you knew OS6 would take more and you were developing it before the Storm 2 even released? You thought ahead when people wanted high res screens and you still slap on a 2 year old screen on your newest products? You though ahead in the year of 1GHz processors and used 624Mhz, the same one you used 2 years ago in your first 3G GSM device?

RIM may be thinking ahead now, but after the iPhone released, they stopped thinking for a good 2 years IMO.
    I really had the same basic reaction that you did and have commented on. Now i know you are alreay on the Android pltform and soon I will be on the same or iphone one or the other. It is a matter of trully going to a company VZW store and when and only when I have the upgrade ability play with them and see what offers me what I want and what I feel the learning curve will be for me.

Now VZW on Tuesday the 11th is not going to announce the iphone sell date(I am guessing) but I have already seen the Andriod 4g phone they are going to have this year and soon and some with dual core processors.

I really believe that there will be many people that have been loyal BB freaks jump ship for a more preferred platform.
    01-10-11 01:34 PM

Really, are you?

Feeling better now after that rant? Lol

01-10-11 01:35 PM
    I really had the same basic reaction that you did and have commented on. Now i know you are alreay on the Android pltform and soon I will be on the same or iphone one or the other. It is a matter of trully going to a company VZW store and when and only when I have the upgrade ability play with them and see what offers me what I want and what I feel the learning curve will be for me.

Now VZW on Tuesday the 11th is not going to announce the iphone sell date(I am guessing) but I have already seen the Andriod 4g phone they are going to have this year and soon and some with dual core processors.

I really believe that there will be many people that have been loyal BB freaks jump ship for a more preferred platform.
    Yea just check everything out and see what you like best. It's a different world. If you need help with anything, feel free to PM me. I am educated with both iOS and Android (owned both an iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS as well as an iPod Touch)

Kinda. I just found that statement to be really ridiculous.
    01-10-11 01:41 PM

What is your honest opinion on all this mess with switching platforms. Are you sticking where you are or thinking like many of the rest of us about changing? if yes on switching why?

I know you have been active and vocal on your opinions in these 2 threads here about all of this. I mean that in a good way by the way so you know but would like to know what you think?
    01-10-11 01:42 PM
    What is your honest opinion on all this mess with switching platforms. Are you sticking where you are or thinking like many of the rest of us about changing? if yes on switching why?

I know you have been active and vocal on your opinions in these 2 threads here about all of this. I mean that in a good way by the way so you know but would like to know what you think?
    He is staying with BB. I am 100% sure he is.
    01-10-11 01:44 PM
    He is staying with BB. I am 100% sure he is.
    I nearly choked with laughter!!
    01-10-11 02:02 PM

I love the blackberry platform, I find it very efficient and productive in my personal life but also in my small business.
    I don't like touch screens and that stops me even considering android or iphone.
    I am really loving the blackberry platform and I have no plans to switching. Maybe my needs are more simple but I don't need 200.000 apps and battery life is very important as my 9700 is basically my office, if it dies my clients can't reach me.
    Put it this way, I'd rather go back to an older blackberry, which I do every once in a while, then to move to Android or iphone. I hate the way you have to hold a touch screen in the hand, sort of like a limp wrist way, can't touch the screen or squeeze it in your hand. A non touch you can grab any way you like, I can put my thumb on the screen and it feels very secure in my hand.

01-10-11 02:07 PM
    I love the blackberry platform, I find it very efficient and productive in my personal life but also in my small business.
    I don't like touch screens and that stops me even considering android or iphone.
    I am really loving the blackberry platform and I have no plans to switching. Maybe my needs are more simple but I don't need 200.000 apps and battery life is very important as my 9700 is basically my office, if it dies my clients can't reach me.
    Put it this way, I'd rather go back to an older blackberry, which I do every once in a while, then to move to Android or iphone. I hate the way you have to hold a touch screen in the hand, sort of like a limp wrist way, can't touch the screen or squeeze it in your hand. A non touch you can grab any way you like, I can put my thumb on the screen and it feels very secure in my hand.

I haven't ever held my phone with a "limp wrist", and it's a touchscreen.
    01-10-11 02:10 PM
    Instead of 1100 mAh or 1400 mAh batteries why can't they just make the phones slighter thicker and put in a 1950 mAh size battery?
    The Motorola ATRIX 4G (my next phone) coming to AT&T has a 1930 mAh battery and it's as thin as any other smartphone.

No one has a gun to anyone's head to force them to buy a 4.3" touchscreen 4G HTC device with a 1230 mAh battery.

Samsung phones have 1500 mAh batteries.

Avoid phones with bad batteries. No one is making you buy them, and it's not hard to look up the specs and see if the battery is crap - not to mention there is always a return policy on the device should it not measure up to your expectations.

But don't compare the battery life on Android phones to blackberry phones with 2.4-2.6" non-touch screens that are rarely used for serious internet browsing or media playback, nevermind stuff like Flash/Air, Gaming, etc.
    01-10-11 02:11 PM
    I haven't ever held my phone with a "limp wrist", and it's a touchscreen.
    Lol, you know what I mean, it rests in your hand, you're not holding it, and my Storm2 few out of my hand a few times, thank god for insurance lol

01-10-11 02:13 PM
    The Motorola ATRIX 4G (my next phone) coming to AT&T has a 1930 mAh battery and it's as thin as any other smartphone.

No one has a gun to anyone's head to force them to buy a 4.3" touchscreen 4G HTC device with a 1230 mAh battery.

Samsung phones have 1500 mAh batteries.

Avoid phones with bad batteries. No one is making you buy them, and it's not hard to look up the specs and see if the battery is crap - not to mention there is always a return policy on the device should it not measure up to your expectations.

But don't compare the battery life on Android phones to blackberry phones with 2.4-2.6" non-touch screens that are rarely used for serious internet browsing or media playback, nevermind stuff like Flash/Air, Gaming, etc.
    Might me thin but the Atrix is still a huge phone, and besides, that thing is gonna be very expensive by the time you buy all the accessories that make it work. Was listening to the cnet podcast today and even they weren't convinced of it and they're android fans.

01-10-11 02:16 PM
    Might me thin but the Atrix is still a huge phone, and besides, that thing is gonna be very expensive by the time you buy all the accessories that make it work. Was listening to the cnet podcast today and even they weren't convinced of it and they're android fans.

make it work? for what, a phone and handheld media device? pretty sure it can do that without accessories...

sure if you want to use it to integrate into your TV and what not it will, but that is additional features that you dont have to do if you dont want too
    Last edited by howarmat; 01-10-11 at 02:27 PM.
    01-10-11 02:25 PM
    Lol, you know what I mean, it rests in your hand, you're not holding it, and my Storm2 few out of my hand a few times, thank god for insurance lol

What? Maybe that's just the way you use a touchscreen. When the device is in my hand, I hold it. My thumb is used for navigating on the screen and the other 4 fingers on my hand are griping the device. The same way I hold a BB and use the trackball/trackpad.
    01-10-11 02:27 PM

I had TEC on on Storms for roughly 8 months, then decide to go without--the savings will go towards my next phone. I was paranoid about dropping the storm at first, but now I don't worry about it.
    01-10-11 02:34 PM

So think Bionic, rather than Atrix.
    01-10-11 02:35 PM
224 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD