SO I upgraded my OS to 4.5 on my 8310 curve with an OS that wasn't with my carrier. My carrier then came out with the OS 4.5.

My question to you is do I need to re-upgrade with the OS that my carrier came out with to get my warranty back or is the warrant back in place now that my carrier came out with the new OS(even though I didn't download it from them)?
    01-03-09 05:56 PM
    In my opinion "IMO" I would load the Carriers OS onto my phone before I ever brought it in for service.

For you... whether you do that now or at the time is up to you. Though the gamble you take, is that if you wait, and your Curve gets into trouble, you might then not be able to load the carriers OS on their as your BB might be too sick. In short... if you want to play it safe (and it is the same version anyways) you may choose to load the carriers OS on the unit sooner than later.

To further answer your question... they are the same version, but they are different. The carriers one will have some branding.

Just remember to do a back-up before you reload OS
    01-03-09 06:02 PM

To further answer your question... they are the same version, but they are different. The carriers one will have some branding.

Just remember to do a back-up before you reload OS

Perfect answer, thank you so much.
    01-03-09 06:10 PM
    You're welcome
    01-03-09 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD