09-05-13 08:27 AM
78 123 ...
tools
    Hello guys I see a news that maybe Microsoft, amazon or FACEBOOK would have a interest to buy Blackberry !!
    Amazon or Microsoft where ok for me BUT FACEBOOK ???

What do you think about this, would this be good ? If this happen would you stay ??

Personnaly I would buy an android...

( sorry for my bad English I'm french)

With blackberry second best smartphone behind the Q10, the Zed10...lool
    08-12-13 01:07 PM
    will def. go to windows phone..
    08-12-13 01:08 PM
    Won't happen, Canadian gov't won't apporve. All sales of Canadian companies over $400 million need to be approved by the gov't.
    08-12-13 01:11 PM
    Facebook is a US company, I don't think this would be refused by the Canadian government, and why ?

If just Canadian company where allowed to buy Blackberry then there is no many potential company left...

08-12-13 01:14 PM
    if fb bought bb, definitely gone. I dont mind using fb as an app, bit to have it totally integrate throughout the os, hell with that.

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    ShazPrimus likes this.
    08-12-13 01:16 PM
    Facebook has already released 2 "Facebook phones" already:

The HTC "ChaCha" and the HTC "First". Both of those phones were unmitigated sales disasters. The First might hold the world record for "shortest time from release to firesale." Most phones were returned unsold to HTC, who had to wipe Facebook Home off them and sell them at a huge discount.

What do you imagine FB is going to bring to BBRY?
    08-12-13 01:27 PM
    Facebook would not bring nothing to BlackBerry, but blackberry can bring some advantage to Facebook :

First a users base of 76 millions phone users, it's betters then start from zero

Secundo BBM would propulse facebook on the side of what's app and Skype, it's not the same then Facebook tchat, this is big help for Facebook if he want to take more market share

Posted with blackberry second best smartphone behind the Q10, the Zed10...lool
    08-12-13 01:39 PM
    Sure, why not. BlackBerry seems a little too "professional " for the likes of Facebook, but I think some thing good could eventually come of it

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    08-12-13 01:42 PM
    Definitely not. Never used fb and never will. When it comes to nsa a$$ licking they're as guilty as goooogle.

QNX posted via CB10
    DS1331 likes this.
    08-12-13 01:42 PM
    Lol Facebook what a thread omg...

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    08-12-13 01:44 PM
    If facebook bought BBRY I'd be gone in a heart beat... I have no time for it as a social media platform, I disagree with their policies and enforcement of same and I find it more than a little annoying that so many companies have tied themselves to facebook for promotions and just general marketing purposes. Facebook is not the internet and there are still those of us who would like to be able to access information about people, places or things without being directed to their 'web page' on facebook. </rant>
    08-12-13 01:48 PM
    From secure reputation to unsecured reputation in seconds is what would happen

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 01:49 PM
    If just Canadian company where allowed to buy Blackberry then there is no many potential company left...
    Canada Pension Plan Investment Board is interested according to bloomberg.com
    08-12-13 01:58 PM
    Sure

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 02:13 PM
    Facebook is a US company, I don't think this would be refused by the Canadian government, and why ?

Any Canadian company valued over $400M has to prove there is "net benefit to Canada" before it approves a sale. Check out this article: Federal government blocks sale of MDA space division - Canada - CBC News

Blackberry is highly coveted by the Canadian government (politicians of all stripes and civil service) who rely on it exclusively for mobile communications. I can see limited partnerships in the form of licensing agreements (which would probably need Canada's approval on the basis of BB's crypto and other techs). THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL the government of Canada will allow BB to go foreign, the CPPIB will buy it lock stock, and barrel first. Oh, and the Canadian government is more than a little preturbed with the US administration right now over Keystone XL. Canadian nationalism is pretty high at the moment, IMO.

Remember QNX is used in a lot of highly sensitive industrial environments like power plants. Once FB owned it, there would be nothing stopping them from selling QNX to whoever.
    08-12-13 02:25 PM
    My main interest is the QNX OS BB10. If BlackBerry is sold or whatever is done to or with the company my leaving will depend on what is done with the QNX OS.

If QNX/BB10 is continually developed and or adapted I'll stay, if not I don't know what OS I'll move to, I might give UBUNTU a try if it ever happens.
    08-12-13 02:25 PM
    If fb bought BB, id be gone the same day no questions.
    08-12-13 02:33 PM
    Seriously?!?
    08-12-13 02:41 PM
    YUCK! No way. I'd rather use my circa 2006 clamshell.
    08-12-13 02:44 PM
    Oh yeah... All the high security conscious companies and governments would LOVE to have Facebook running their phones... said nobody... EVER!
    08-12-13 02:45 PM
    FB in - me out.
    Rui Jorge likes this.
    08-12-13 02:58 PM
    Facebook would not bring nothing to BlackBerry, but blackberry can bring some advantage to Facebook :

First a users base of 76 millions phone users, it's betters then start from zero
    Not sure what rock you've been under, but FB has over a BILLION users already, and most of them are already accessing FB via mobile. Including the 72 million BB installed base. Of which, less than 5M (and likely closer to 3M) is on BB10.

Secundo BBM would propulse facebook on the side of what's app and Skype, it's not the same then Facebook tchat, this is big help for Facebook if he want to take more market share
    FB *already* has a hugely successful FB chat, and its biggest asset is that nearly everyone in the world that's online already has a FB account, so virtually every contact you have is already available with FB chat. Why would FB need BBM again?

And isn't the relevant point here what FB could bring to BBRY? FB isn't a phone company, and has no real experience selling consumer or enterprise electronics. Do you want BB phones running FB Home?
    08-12-13 03:16 PM
    I dont think this would be a good idea for Blackberry. Maybe for Facebook it would make sense, since they get a jump start (this would be their 3rd attempt) in the Smartphone world.

What does Facebook bring to Blackberry? Expertise in Social Networking and maybe a great native Instagram app? At best reliable revenue from FB to keep financial tensions at bay? Atleast under the current state BB10 seems to be progressing and improving (10.2 looks great), but under Facebook I think it would go the WebOS way o getr torn into pieces keeping only the ones like BBM and BES. Facebook still has no idea what to do with phones.
    08-12-13 03:23 PM
    Not sure what rock you've been under, but FB has over a BILLION users already, and most of them are already accessing FB via mobile. Including the 72 million BB installed base. Of which, less than 5M (and likely closer to 3M) is on BB10.

FB *already* has a hugely successful FB chat, and its biggest asset is that nearly everyone in the world that's online already has a FB account, so virtually every contact you have is already available with FB chat. Why would FB need BBM again?

And isn't the relevant point here what FB could bring to BBRY? FB isn't a phone company, and has no real experience selling consumer or enterprise electronics. Do you want BB phones running FB Home?
    1 Billion Facebook user are not the same then 80 million smartphone user ( and it just a beginning, if this would happen) , smartphone user are all the day on the phone but people connect just some times ( not include the Facebook addict) this give more opportunities, Facebook never can reach the revenue of apple, with the same user base...

And you can't compare Skype or BBM with Facebook chat, I don't imagine talking with professional with Facebook tchat but with BBM or Skype this already exist...

This us two different user and professional user are more interesting and profitable then the personal user...

Posted with blackberry second best smartphone behind the Q10, the Zed10...lool
    08-12-13 03:38 PM
    I dont know if your doing this on purpose or you just seriously misread the message. @jorgerui obviously meant Facebook would get 76 Million people using 'Phones' sold by a company they now own, not just using facebook on their phones.

I think Facebook messenger feels more like a detached function of a social network (which it is obviously) than a dedicated IM app. Thats why Whatsapp is still doing great. I would almost always use Whatsapp on my phone before FB messenger. Most people on other platforms always contact me on whatspp first. This might be subjective but FB chat is no match for BBMs feel and usability. (and functions)

Agreed. FB home on BB would be a nightmare.!

FB has a lot of gain if they purchase BB but for BB it would be really sad!
    08-12-13 03:38 PM
78 123 ...