Facebook buying BlackBerry would actually make a lot of sense. They have been wanting to establish a firm presence in the mobile space for a while now. They could integrate BlackBerry Messenger with Facebook Messenger. They could also extend their relationships with developers who have contributed to Facebook desktop, as well as begin new ones. It would likely mean the possibility of more apps for BlackBerry 10.
    09-04-13 01:47 PM
    Yes please. Anything to save BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    09-04-13 02:17 PM
    I'm disappointed at the title of this thread as it's worded to incite negativity. It could have simply stated "What if Facebook buys BlackBerry?".

A Facebook acquisition is one of the only hopes of a new buyer keeping BlackBerry 10 alive.
    09-04-13 02:50 PM
    I would stay as long as they don't over due the whole fb integration thing I'm fine with it

From Q10/HTC One aka Batman & Robin
    09-04-13 03:00 PM
    hardly a good match - a company renowned for protecting privacy with their technology bought by a company renowned for invading privacy with their technology. It's so laughable frankly i can't believe we are even discussing it?
    09-04-13 03:29 PM
    Exactly. Wasn't the Facebook phone an epic fail?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 04:04 PM
    Hell no

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 04:09 PM
    I would stay as long as they don't over due the whole fb integration thing I'm fine with it

check what happens with the T's and C's on friday this week - frankly if FB bought blackberry, it would be the one surest way to lose all corporate support. Personally, friday is the day I will dispose of my current FB account, as Zuckerberg's phishing company has more or less said if you leave you account open you accept the latest land grab on your rights. Since I don't particularly want to be used to endorse products for others amongst other nonsense, I will be taking them at their word, and closing my account. I'm sure Mark will get all broken up about it, but he'll get by without me I imagine...
    09-04-13 04:16 PM
    I'm disappointed at the title of this thread as it's worded to incite negativity. It could have simply stated "What if Facebook buys BlackBerry?".

A Facebook acquisition is one of the only hopes of a new buyer keeping BlackBerry 10 alive.
    I don't read it as such to be honest, but I would suggest that any phrase involving the name Facebook will incite negativity to some extent.

I'm afraid I can't agree on FB being a buyer making them one of the only hopes to keep BB10 alive, what would make you say that? Because a few other high profile buyers would potentially asset strip? Sorry that doesn't work for me.
    09-04-13 04:21 PM
    HELL NO. I'd get an old rotary phone in protest LOL.

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    09-04-13 04:46 PM
    I'm afraid I can't agree on FB being a buyer making them one of the only hopes to keep BB10 alive, what would make you say that? Because a few other high profile buyers would potentially asset strip?
    Which other tech company would keep BB10 going? Certainly not any Android manufacturer. Cisco or IBM?
    09-04-13 05:46 PM
    Which other tech company would keep BB10 going? Certainly not any Android manufacturer. Cisco or IBM?
    you could say coca cola and nike and it won't make FB any more likely to be Blackberry's only hope. Sorry, your not making a cogent arguement.
    09-04-13 05:54 PM
    No. I have a FB account but do not want a FB phone.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    09-04-13 06:37 PM
    There is little sense in a Facebook and BlackBerry pairing. BlackBerry has little cache among the target demographic for Facebook and vice versa. For the money it would cost Facebook there would be little value to unlock in the purchase: the assets BlackBerry offers wouldn't enhance Facebook in any way.

Look for a private BlackBerry to emerge, or a sale to a network player of some kind.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 06:42 PM
    F*** that... Facebook has enough of my info as it is. 50% of the reason that I love BlackBerry is because of their security!

Posted via my Q10
    09-04-13 06:47 PM
    I would leave BlackBerry if Facebook bought BlackBerry. It was Zuckerberg who said "they trust me, dumb f*cks". ( http://gawker.com/5636765/facebook-c...ers-dumb-****s) Think I would trust my messages with him?

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 and Rui Jorge like this.
    09-04-13 07:55 PM
    Lol that was when he was a kid and before facebook even took off, I would take that with a grain of salt there, not saying facebook isn't shady though.

09-04-13 08:07 PM
    I hate Facebook. I think they're a social network, not a company (although they technically are). Eventually they will die out like MySpace. It's a fad... or at least I hope.

If Facebook were to buy BlackBerry, I would keep my Q10 until it died. Then I would jump to Windows Phone.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-04-13 08:35 PM
    My answer is no. But it won't happen
    09-04-13 08:39 PM
    What of Amazon? I would prefer them.
    DS1331 and Rui Jorge like this.
    09-04-13 08:57 PM
    you could say coca cola and nike and it won't make FB any more likely to be Blackberry's only hope. Sorry, your not making a cogent arguement.
    I didn't say Facebook is BlackBerry's only hope. I said they're one of the best hopes to keep the BlackBerry 10 operating system alive.

I shouldn't have to list each and every potential buyer to make my point.
    09-04-13 10:05 PM
    NoooOooooooooooo

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:56 PM

But I think blackberry and Facebook doesn't have the same Vision, and the same way to handle with is customers, just look at facebooks conditions terms...
    09-05-13 02:21 AM
    I will stick with it no matter who buys them.

I deleted my facebook in January of 2012 and haven't been back. But if they bought BlackBerry, I'd stick around. I still wouldn't make a facebook again though, that's for sure.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 03:26 AM
    I didn't say Facebook is BlackBerry's only hope. I said they're one of the best hopes to keep the BlackBerry 10 operating system alive.

I shouldn't have to list each and every potential buyer to make my point.
    Honestly, this is now delving into the realms of pedantry, which I really don't want to so I will let this lay after this. However, I will point out to you that the problem for you lies in your original statement. Your exact words were they were' one of their only hopes' , and then you wanted me make a list of other friendly buyers to prove your point for you.

As a statement, one of the only means nothing, as you haven't quantified it with a number. I just didn't feel obliged to make your point for you when you attempted to shift the burden of proof to me by asking me who else would keep them going. Instead, I just turned this back on you to support your own frankly expansive statement.

I'm not asking you to list every potential buyer, I simply feel obliged to point out to you though listing a few companies who are potential buyers who are less than friendly does not make your point for you, as there is a very large supply of such.

Perhaps we had best agree to disagree
    09-05-13 04:36 AM
78 1234