I think they will do well as a niche player. They just need a marketing team that can play up this aspect. They need to create some prestige behind their products. The z30 is by far my most favorite phone I've ever owned, and I've had many.

Posted from my Z30
    11-04-13 10:25 AM
    z30 is pretty pedestrian in the market it's up against. It's a Z10 blown up.
    11-04-13 10:39 AM
    I hope your joking op. Its a dead bird. Tjeir devices are old when they are brand new. Their way of thinking is brutally wrong. Their whole atmosphere is a joke in Waterloo....

But if they keep making crappier crap...the faithful still have something to call shiny and new...in the old days it had to work to be xalled good. What changed? The swipe and flow....lol
    11-04-13 10:44 AM
    But the Z30 bears no real significant improvement or innovation than the Z10... except maybe the stereo speakers. Flop.

Posted via CB10
    richardat and Savior4Life like this.
    11-04-13 10:45 AM
    I've been using some kind of device or another - bag phones, brick phones, dumb phones, pagers, smart phones, etc - since around 1985 and I've got to say the Z10 is by far the best device I've ever used. I do tend to be more "businessy" with my use, but right before I got my Z10 I was helping my IT department test BYOD with an iPhone 4s and an S3, and both were, quite frankly, disappointments. What has been infuriating recently is BB's inability to properly market the strengths of their BB10 devices, they seem prone to simply saying "It's a BlackBerry and it's good" and leaving it at that. BB10 devices are sophisticated machines that go far beyond the simple specs of the hardware and this needs to be explained and expounded upon otherwise were is the incentive for Android or iOS users to "give it a go"?
    11-04-13 10:48 AM
    You obviously don't own one

Posted from my Z30
    11-04-13 10:50 AM
    I have to wonder why a niche player would advertise at all. The niche people all ready know who they are and what they want.
    MarsupilamiX and zlatno like this.
    11-04-13 10:56 AM
    With a DIM screen. Too bad the screen is so dim, otherwise I may have considered one
    Poirots Progeny and richardat like this.
    11-04-13 11:08 AM
    But the Z30 bears no real significant improvement or innovation than the Z10... except maybe the stereo speakers. Flop.

Posted via CB10
    What About Battery Life
    LWKING and bungaboy like this.
    11-04-13 11:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    You forgot the new antenna technology, the AMOLED screen, the new OS. All those improvements was optimized for a longer battery life. Then you get a huge battery capacity. Isn't that innovation?

Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    bradu1, acovey, wincyUt and 6 others like this.
    11-04-13 11:21 AM
    With a DIM screen. Too bad the screen is so dim, otherwise I may have considered one
    Really? I'm using right now outside in the sun and it's well lit.

Posted from my Z30
    revtech, acovey, wincyUt and 7 others like this.
    11-04-13 11:28 AM
    Niche in the same way people still buy flipphones. Flipphones have excellent reception and long battery life.

But if you want the latest and greatest in tech, blackberry won't be for you.
    bekkay likes this.
    11-04-13 11:31 AM
    No, but rock solid and built for business as well as play.

Eco system woes, maybe, but does everything I need it to and more.

Typed on and then corrected by my Z10. Pin:2B30530D http://geekphreek.com
    11-04-13 11:36 AM
    This is your answer to anyone who does not share your opinion of the Z30, or just about any BlackBerry device. One day you will realize that not everyone is going to like what you like and yes even a person who owns what you think is a stellar device may think it is less than.

Being a fan is one thing, being ignorant to the possibility that people like and dislike things for their own reasons is another.
    11-04-13 11:45 AM
    I hope your joking op. Its a dead bird. Tjeir devices are old when they are brand new. Their way of thinking is brutally wrong. Their whole atmosphere is a joke in Waterloo....

But if they keep making crappier crap...the faithful still have something to call shiny and new...in the old days it had to work to be xalled good. What changed? The swipe and flow....lol
    At least we know you aren't talking about the Z10/Q10/Z30... because they work, and work quite well. You should probably heed the advice of your user name... It's the one thing you got spot on.

Posted via CB10
    acovey, jbarmi, lynxs_claw and 8 others like this.
    11-04-13 11:45 AM
    This is your answer to anyone who does not share your opinion of the Z30, or just about any BlackBerry device. One day you will realize that not everyone is going to like what you like and yes even a person who owns what you think is a stellar device may think it is less than.

Being a fan is one thing, being ignorant to the possibility that people like and dislike things for their own reasons is another.
    At the same time negative nincompoops talk nothing but trash and perhaps influence others into not giving the Z30 a chance. That is where ignorance lies

Posted via CB10(BBM#22) on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    11-04-13 11:52 AM
    Better, hopefully!

BB has to take a page from the industry's smartphone leaders and add features into the future phones (gimmicks) that today's business people are using on the other platforms. It can't rest on it's laurels of having paved the way for communications and security. These features will catch up for iOS and Android phones and they'll have what BB phones don't have.

BB has to consider that those phones "are" business phones because businesses are running away from BB to iOS and Android by the millions. These phones WORK WELL FOR BUSINESS! Posing the arguments for best class communication and best security old argument (although true) but is not a big concern for many businesses and is a losing proposition at this point. Gimmicks sell phones and phones make a company profitable...BOTTOM LINE! The day of the "business only" or "business" phone is gone!

BB, please add some flair to your lineup and win back some business.

Go BB!
    acovey, loyalIND and psypher22 like this.
    11-04-13 11:53 AM
    "...They just need better marketing"
    "...They just need a few more apps"
    "...They just need better specs"

BB has shown time and time again that they can't get a single one of these elements right, let alone all of them. Compare confidence in the BB brand in January 2013, when BB10 launched, to now. From already pretty f'ing bad to beyond redemption. Even if their phones were running Snapdragon 800s with 4GB RAM and a waterproof, dustproof 1800p screen with Flipboard, Instagram, Vine and Netflix, people would not buy them.
    11-04-13 11:58 AM

He doesn't own one. My point still stands

Posted from my Z30
    jupiter8, mkiiw, cdnrower and 10 others like this.
    11-04-13 12:01 PM
    Niche in the same way people still buy flipphones. Flipphones have excellent reception and long battery life.

But if you want the latest and greatest in tech, blackberry won't be for you.
    No that's just for people who either can't afford a smartphone or simply don't care.

Posted from my Z30
    11-04-13 12:02 PM
    Love my Z30, long live BB!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-04-13 12:11 PM
    What About Battery Life
    Battery life is not innovation
    11-04-13 12:15 PM

Posted from my Z30
    The Nexus 5 is way better with apps and half the price tag..if you are masochistic you can choose the Z30 and pay more to get less..
    11-04-13 12:18 PM

BB has to take a page from the industry's smartphone leaders and add features into the future phones (gimmicks)
    The peek and hub are gimmicks too
    11-04-13 12:20 PM
    IMHO... BlackBerry is back to the same problem that they had 8 months ago... their phones feel archaic compared to the other devices...
    I had convinced nine of my friends to z10.... three of them got broken screens, moved back to androids... another one who btw had come from an iPhone, couldn't stop gawking over androids, so went out and got a note3... while he had a perfectly working Z10...

I did everything to keep them on the platform, side loading apps for them, installing leaks and whatnot... but man... I think the Android force is too strong and now I have started to doubt myself too..

I do think that slowly bringing in 3D UI effects is the only way to deal with the Android force.... but realistically... Android is a mature platform, BlackBerry simply doesn't really have enough resources to implement new features and and UI effects and then have everything working smooth too...

Well, myself , would probably even get a Z30, can't say that I would be able to convince anyone else anymore..

Seriously... it is BlackBerry's job not mine, anyways, to keep customers interested..

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 12:20 PM
225 123 ...