If you look at native Apps in Cascades they all look almost exactly the same...tabbed panes and side swipe...its good but I think it also has tendency to get very BORING overtime....
    If Android Ports could work as efficiently as native they might be even better option than having Bb10 with all natives... Thoughts..?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:02 PM
    I disagree, I want more consistency in the swipes than we already have. The big one for me is a swipe to go back in the browser, I am constantly swiping, getting mad because it doesn't do that, calling it an iphone and then hitting the back button.

Nothing against ports but I really would like the experience to be as seamless as possible, anything that breaks that up is a net loss to me.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:07 PM
    I still want them to take advantage of the cascades and make it native or its just a large part of bb10 being wasted imho.

Posted via SEGA master system
    06-25-13 07:10 PM
    I disagree, I want more consistency in the swipes than we already have. The big one for me is a swipe to go back in the browser, I am constantly swiping, getting mad because it doesn't do that, calling it an iphone and then hitting the back button.

Nothing against ports but I really would like the experience to be as seamless as possible, anything that breaks that up is a net loss to me.

Posted via CB10
    That would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:12 PM
    See end user only cares about a great experience...if Android ports could be done as efficiently as native than they may enrich and bring lot of variety to the platform as opposed to plain cascades..

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:13 PM
    Example would be CNN app which is a port...if it could run as efficiently as native then it would really look different than all other native apps and bring variety to the UI of the platform...assuming it can run as efficiently as native..

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:18 PM
    But my point is that while I want a great experience I like consistency, it's nice to know that when I do x, y occurs.

Now that being said native is better than ported but ported, if done right is better than nothing.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 08:23 PM
    The only thing I dislike about ported Android apps is that sometimes they seem lazy. What I mean is that they make the phone perform like an Android - kind of choppy. Not all are like that but many are. If the Android porters took a little more care in taking advantage of QNX goodness in terms of performance, I wouldn't mind soft buttons and the lack of Cascade features.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 08:45 PM
    Take what you can get. I've studied the trend, and I can say some of the major devs are not bothered about the blackberry platform. The best way to draw their attention is through android ports. There are methods to get almost any android app working on ones phone. Do that so they can hear about users on blackberry10.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 01:13 AM
    i agree to certain extent about android apps working, but only IF they work. ive not come across one andorid port that runs as smoothly as native. the only one is the CB forums app on the blackberry playbook.. the rest .. nada.. maybe skype comes comes close..
    06-26-13 04:56 AM
    I truly want to believe this will happen, but I highly doubt so. There's just too much lag for most Android apps to be good, with it using the Android player...the Dalvik virtual machine was bad enough, but the Android player on BB10 is even worse.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 05:05 AM
    Nope weird text,poor navigation buttons no swiping,ads in apps. Why are all back,icons doing at the top when your hands are far closer to bottom when holding a phone.Top it all off they know majority of phones are 4'5 inches+ and you navigate with your thumbs but still put high back and next icons. That alone makes it clear they dont think of UX all that much.

Just swiping/peek back kills all these app in functionality.Notice how androids ''holo'' looks freakishly like cascades and are going for side menus,visible menu tabs and going with uniform consistency.Android apps are not the go to on how to build good apps with good UX.Their not all bad but only the QT and webapp looking type apps have looked good to me.But cascades is just too on point.
    06-26-13 06:00 AM
    I just want more apps as long as they are smooth. Most ports at the moment jump when scrolling. If more apps means android apps then I on board for that

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 06:11 AM
    I don't know about you but my Android ports work better than some android phones. I used to have lags on my Motorola when playing subway surf. On my Z10, even with the latest update, which is Miami, it is flawless. I got my phone directly from blackberry and so I really don't experience the issues most of you claim to have. Mine just works. Temple Run 2, perfect on my phone. I just don't know about you guys. Mine is dope

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:47 AM