Is it too late to go back to my good ole' Motorola i930?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 09:53 AM
    More reaching with all touch across the board, especially if you utilize pkb shortcuts. On the browser I can scroll throw pages with spacebar, go forward, back, etc. It's really well thought out and that's why I hope a pkb enabled BlackBerry browser is on the android roadmap.

For the Xperia, I recommend Habit Browser, and also Yandex browser, both have the location bar at bottom. Also Habit allows long presses for top and bottom of page.

AND: the BlackBerry Keyboard allows swipe up on predictions, maybe easier on your hand?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I think you got it. More reaching. I can feel it all the way from my thumb down the middle of my wrist, kind of a painful tight feeling. I'm typing this on my Passport right now and I feel no pain.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out. I got the Xperia this week so I could use it one handed for pictures next week on vacation. I'm starting to think I might leave the SIM in my Passport for communicating and use the Xperia for pictures and apps over wifi. I guess I will see how that works out.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    07-11-16 11:03 AM
    I won't go iPhone. I'll stay with android but have no idea what it would be. Here's hoping BlackBerry keeps making phones android or otherwise

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    07-11-16 11:21 AM
    I went the Nexus route. Very happy with my 6p.
    07-11-16 11:30 AM
    Sony Flagship>PS4 remote play.

Posted via CB10 from my Phdesktop, the (square)  BlackBerry Passport
    smart548 likes this.
    07-12-16 12:42 AM
    I would go with Xiaomi.

Very inexpensive, superb support with updates and superb specs for the price.
    07-12-16 04:52 AM
    I have tried ios, and have a samsung note. I would have tried a windows phone however my brother inlaw works there and talks poorly of the eco system and the OS running the phone...

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 03:00 PM
    I have BlackBerry stocks for five years. Will decide in 2021.

** Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2888
    Sairos likes this.
    07-12-16 04:01 PM
    If I can't get them even as second hand, I'll go for this one or similar line.
    I really want pkb.
    https://www.freetel-japan.com/musashi.html

It's not Qwerty but better than nothing for me & there is touch option too.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 08:22 PM
    Iphone.
    07-13-16 12:36 AM
    Me and wife have Z30 but due to uncertainty over BB OS20, I got her Moto 3G and Wileyfox Swift for me. Android and Cyanogen (android based). Both still learning but really annoying is constant ad popups on both phones. Never had that on BB. She even gets them on Twitter and Facebook. I get it on Sky News. So irritating. I think problem is default browser being Google Chrome so I now use mixture of Google basic and Firefox with Ad block bolted on. Too messy though. Want another OS10 phone sub �300 UK price and I'd be happy buying that

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 02:39 PM
    Samsung.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-16-16 07:36 PM
    Nexus. Or Sony.

Z30, BBOS 10.3.2
    07-16-16 07:39 PM
    07-16-16 07:43 PM
    yeah i think you got it. More reaching. I can feel it all the way from my thumb down the middle of my wrist, kind of a painful tight feeling. I'm typing this on my passport right now and i feel no pain.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out. I got the xperia this week so i could use it one handed for pictures next week on vacation. I'm starting to think i might leave the sim in my passport for communicating and use the xperia for pictures and apps over wifi. I guess i will see how that works out.

Posted via cb10
    I do almost that. I still have my Z30 for email (I think BlackBerry is the best tool for that), and I use a Sony Xperia C5 Ultra for some apps and photos. Both cameras on C5 are amazing, and I can use �ber without any issues. I carry 2 phones, and I can say it is pretty OK.

Z30, BBOS 10.3.2

z30, bbos 10.3.2
    07-16-16 07:45 PM
    Iphone because google sucks

Posted via CB10
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    07-17-16 01:13 AM
    I do almost that. I still have my Z30 for email (I think BlackBerry is the best tool for that), and I use a Sony Xperia C5 Ultra for some apps and photos. Both cameras on C5 are amazing, and I can use �ber without any issues. I carry 2 phones, and I can say it is pretty OK.

Z30, BBOS 10.3.2

z30, bbos 10.3.2
    I tried using the solely the Xperia this week to get used to it. Every time I got an email notification it was hard not to reach for my Passport. I am most definitely a better communicator on the Passport. Battery life also cannot be beat.

However, taking photos on the Xperia was a delight. It was also nice to carry a phone that would slip comfortably into my pocket. Also enjoyed using some apps that loaded right away instead of slowly with bugs.

I can definitely see room in my day to day life for both phones now.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 01:45 AM
    IMO, if this kind of thing is important to you, you should have gone with Android instead of iOS. iOS is not really made for power users (and in today's world, folks who need to manipulate the file system like this on mobile are power users) and intentionally tries to hide the file system from users, because it confuses too many of them.

Android, on the other hand, gives you full access to the file system, and there are several excellent file managers available (I recommend Solid Explorer, but others are also good). Email attachments also work like you're used to, even multiple files of different types - just like BB10 or a desktop OS.

iOS is great for the folks they market to: people who want a relatively powerful while very simple device. But that isn't you - you're a power user who is willing to learn about things like file types and directories and file managers, and that's exactly what Android is great at.
    Until the adware infects your device and holds on to it till the end of time.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 04:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    So all the android sideloaded apps on my BB10 device has this problem?

07-17-16 09:57 AM
    I'm still anxiously awaiting this to happen to me. It seems crazy that after 7 years I continue to be overlooked somehow...
    07-17-16 11:09 AM
    If you watch carefully, you'll see black helicopters and SUVs

Uzi likes this.
    07-17-16 11:50 AM
    Just held the xperia x in my hands.. Nice piece of hardware guys!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 01:36 PM
    Looking at the windows phone. Can't be any worse then the other 2.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 07:47 PM
123 ... 345