It's just a mini thought of mine. Blackberry has been the choice for President Obama. Even if he had that hunk of metal Sectera Edge (whatever), he stuck with his Blackberry. Obama is the US President (you all should know or you are seriously cut off from the world). He has chosen his Blackberry as his chosen one. The question is why? I though trolls said Blackberries aren't worth it. If they really weren't, then why is he still using a Blackberry? I mean. The ideal choice would be Android (OS is American) or iPhone because they are American. Like let me explain further.

Obama has:

An American Car
    An American House
    An American Plane

etc.

So why did he keep the Blackberry if iPhone have the "same" security and the "same" functionality. I don't want to troll. Just thinking about it.

Also its just a harmless thread meant to be for thinking and discussion not for trolling and stuff
    12-29-11 02:27 AM
    Because once you take all the apps away from Android and iPhone, they are no better than a BlackBerry, plus his BlackBerry in 2008 when he started his Campaign for Office was still at the top of the pile

Even today: If you could ONLY use your device with factory installed Applications / Themes, no access to rooting/jailbreaking, app stores, which device would you choose? as devices behind the Government firewalls are such.
    Last edited by deRusett; 12-29-11 at 02:34 AM.
    12-29-11 02:31 AM
    Because once you take all the apps away from Android and iPhone, they are no better than a BlackBerry, plus his BlackBerry in 2008 when he started his Campaign for Office was still at the top of the pile

Even today: If you could ONLY use your device with factory installed Applications / Themes, no access to rooting/jailbreaking, app stores, which device would you choose? as devices behind the Government firewalls are such.
    Yea, i understand your point. I would take Blackberry is apps, themes, rooting and jailbreaking were non-existent. Blackberry just doesnt have those eyecandy games and stuff. Thats why it just doesn't compete even though its not meant to compete with multi-media devices
    12-29-11 02:36 AM
    He probably has Apple products as well. It doesn't mean much of anything, really. Many CEOs of companies have BlackBerries. Just means it works for their current needs.
    12-29-11 02:47 AM
    Why do all those stars in Hollywood carry BB's - you see a lot of high star-power people in the pictures that Michelle Haag posts on CB?
    Is someone out there telling them that they need a Blackberry for security? If so, it has to be more than a few someone's.
    12-29-11 02:49 AM
    Just to clarify. I mean. I'm trying to prove that BB isn't really not a useless brand that trolls say
    12-29-11 03:12 AM
    Just to clarify. I mean. I'm trying to prove that BB isn't really not a useless brand that trolls say
    I don't think anybody has said that BlackBerry's are useless but they are lagging behind in what the general consumer wants or sees as cool. Apps!
    12-29-11 03:23 AM
    The people this thred is speaking of are the ones a lot less likely to buy a device bassed on the fad of the day. They use what works best for them. To me its a true indication that the app craze is over done. phones are comunication devices first. The prez and most clebs have no time for games.

edit: just because adults and kids alike tend to resemble screeming little girls at a beatles concert with their iphone in hand at christmas doesn't meen the clebs of the day equate that to in vogue
    Last edited by Dapper37; 12-29-11 at 03:33 AM.
    12-29-11 03:27 AM

So let me get this straight, your basically saying that if you strip everything away that makes these phones what they are, then Blackberry is better? Kinda like saying if you strip certain things away from my television (remote, internet access, color, etc.), it's no better than a b/w tv. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.
    [email protected] likes this.
    12-29-11 03:30 AM
    Why do all those stars in Hollywood carry BB's - you see a lot of high star-power people in the pictures that Michelle Haag posts on CB?
    Is someone out there telling them that they need a Blackberry for security? If so, it has to be more than a few someone's.
    You're right. Lindsay Lohan carries one, why shouldn't I.
    12-29-11 03:34 AM
    ... and then someone will point out what tablet the president uses. That doesn't make the PB horrible, nor does it really validate that tablet as a secure choice.

Think about it...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    12-29-11 03:38 AM
    You're right. Lindsay Lohan carries one, why shouldn't I.
    Why are so many carrying a BB? I'm asking about them, not me.
    12-29-11 03:38 AM
    ... and then someone will point out what tablet the president uses. That doesn't make the PB horrible, nor does it really validate that tablet as a secure choice.

Think about it...

Truee but not the actual thing about this thread. I just had a thought and wanted to share it. I just want to tell trolls that what they are going at is catching water in a seive. You can't compare a blackberry with an iphone. Ones a workhorse and the other is a multi-media
    12-29-11 03:50 AM
    Truee but not the actual thing about this thread. I just had a thought and wanted to share it. I just want to tell trolls that what they are going at is catching water in a seive. You can't compare a blackberry with an iphone. Ones a workhorse and the other is a multi-media
    I think the problem is that we almost must compare BB to the iPhone, whether we want to or not.

For example, why wouldn't you describe the iPhone as a "workhorse?"

12-29-11 03:57 AM
    Before elected, the President (then senator) drove a Chrysler 300. Using your logic, we should all be driving those.
    12-29-11 03:58 AM
    Before elected, the President (then senator) drove a Chrysler 300. Using your logic, we should all be driving those.
    Let's change the question now. Why didn't he get an iphone? Personal or requirement?
    12-29-11 04:46 AM
    Let's change the question now. Why didn't he get an iphone? Personal or requirement?
    Honestly? No clue.
    12-29-11 04:49 AM
    It is because it is a business device, it's true other phones are now being adopted by businesses, but Blackberry has the long standing reputation for reliability, communication and business. That's the only sense I can make of it being the choice of govt. and celebs...hey that's true, they don't have time for games.
    12-29-11 04:50 AM
    Yea perhaps because BB has a more of a reputatiom for business devices
    12-29-11 05:27 AM
    If the President wishes to communicate with Cabinet members and staffers, he needs to carry a device that is uniformly used behind government firewalls. The only device that is currently used uniformly behind government firewalls through BES is the BB.

He personally uses Apple products....I don't know this personally, of course, but he has mentioned it in interviews.

He had a BB as a personal choice before he was elected. He uses a BB now because it is the only platform with which he can communicate throughout the government.

I am *NOT* speaking right now of the future of other platforms coming behind firewalls. I am also *NOT* speaking of sandboxed projects using other platforms. I am speaking of the simple fact that to communicate across the government one must be on BES behind government firewalls, and currently that means BB.

So initially it was a personal choice. Now it's a necessity.

He might be using a Sectera Edge for ultra secure communications that even BB cannot handle. Who knows. He may later use an iPhone for personal use when he leaves office. Who knows. Currently the federal government uses BBerries on BES.
    anon(375378) likes this.
    12-29-11 05:32 AM
    Please do not compare me to that guy because we both have BBs
    scott.slater and momofteme like this.
    12-29-11 05:47 AM
    This is true, like the PB is a internet device that can do apps and the pad is an app device that can do the internet... why don't people understand.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 12-29-11 at 06:54 AM.
    scott.slater likes this.
    12-29-11 06:35 AM
    If the President wishes to communicate with Cabinet members and staffers, he needs to carry a device that is uniformly used behind government firewalls. The only device that is currently used uniformly behind government firewalls through BES is the BB.

He personally uses Apple products....I don't know this personally, of course, but he has mentioned it in interviews.

He had a BB as a personal choice before he was elected. He uses a BB now because it is the only platform with which he can communicate throughout the government.

I am *NOT* speaking right now of the future of other platforms coming behind firewalls. I am also *NOT* speaking of sandboxed projects using other platforms. I am speaking of the simple fact that to communicate across the government one must be on BES behind government firewalls, and currently that means BB.

He might be using a Sectera Edge for ultra secure communications that even BB cannot handle. Who knows. He may later use an iPhone for personal use when he leaves office. Who knows. Currently the federal government uses BBerries on BES.
    This is the best explanation so far.
    12-29-11 07:27 AM
    Probably for the security and keyboard?

Question is, are consumers moving towards phones with virtual keyboards?

And, does the average consumer need or even care about 007, Mission Impossible, Man From U.N.C.L.E. type security on their smartphones???

Or, do they want the newest/coolest?

War Is All We Know
    12-29-11 07:44 AM

While not *entirely* accurate, still a good explaination. And those Sectera devices are just plain terrible, yet they still have their niche.
    12-29-11 07:54 AM
145 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD