08-04-10 07:29 PM
55 123
tools
    Wow you people trying to defend BB browser must of been taken lessons from that Iraqi spokesman. I like my BB because imo its best at scheduling and organization so I can keep track of appointments. Plus I like the form factor. But the browser is horrid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 11:23 AM
    For those who jumped to the iphone and android would you have stayed if BB had a better or up to par internet browser? I think I would have being I was so into BB and comfy with the system but as time goes on I spend alot of time online with my mobile device and it was just not cutting it.

I switched because of this mainly, glad I did because I think everything works better/faster on my X but thats not the point of this thread.
    I would have stayed. I loved many things about my Blackberry, but when I couldn't log into my bank and credit card accounts via the device, it became a problem. The web page rendering on my 8330 was awful. The choice I had at the time was the Tour, which was to be replaced by the 9650, but that device was only what the Tour should have been the year before.

In short, Blackberry has many great things. Web browser isn't one of them. And before anyone gets their underoos about their ears, OS 6 is still vaporware for all devices. The Torch will be out in a few weeks, but there is no real guess as to when VZW, Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T devices capable of upgrade will receive it.
    08-04-10 11:44 AM
    Wow you people trying to defend BB browser must of been taken lessons from that Iraqi spokesman. I like my BB because imo its best at scheduling and organization so I can keep track of appointments. Plus I like the form factor. But the browser is horrid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Now there is a blast from the past!!! I wonder what happened to "Comical Ali?" And the comparison is spot on! +many!
    08-04-10 11:46 AM
    The lack of a browser was one reason, as terrible as it was, but not the main reason as I knew OS6 and Webkit was coming. My main thing was the wait, as in how long it took them to officially announce a date. I personally was ready to upgrade my phone a few months ago and going from a 9000 to a 9700 wasn't really worth using my upgrade, IMO.

I also had the notion that I needed/wanted a physical keyboard and the 9800 sounded perfect. But, since using a virtual keyboard the last 2 week I have to say I LOVE it and have no problem typing with it. It's much better than I was expecting and I actually prefer it now. Not really an issue hammering out emails and messages with it.

I looked elsewhere because I got tired of the "Coming Soon" and also, the Apps weren't really there. I actually like the productive apps as well as the fun apps, games, etc... And the updated specs was nice too. Also, the lack of memory and battery pulls to name a couple of things.

At the end if the day, get what works for you and if your tired of it, try something different. I know most companies give you 15/30 days to try out a new phone.

Last edited by Moonbaseone; 08-04-10 at 05:38 PM.
    08-04-10 05:35 PM
    For those who jumped to the iphone and android would you have stayed if BB had a better or up to par internet browser? I think I would have being I was so into BB and comfy with the system but as time goes on I spend alot of time online with my mobile device and it was just not cutting it.

I switched because of this mainly, glad I did because I think everything works better/faster on my X but thats not the point of this thread.
    I don't care about internet browsing. Been here since the WWW was invented (in fact even before) and it really doesn't impress me at all. I like IM apps though, that's about it.
    08-04-10 07:29 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD