I bought my Zed for almost that much, on launch day and from a another country. And it's not even a premium device.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    11-20-13 09:39 AM
    BlackBerry will launch a new Porsche luxury phone for $2400 according to this article below

BlackBerry to launch Porsche-designed luxury phone - Business - CBC News
    11-20-13 11:29 AM
    BlackBerry will launch a new Porsche luxury phone for $2400 according to this article below

BlackBerry to launch Porsche-designed luxury phone - Business - CBC News
    That's a dressed up z10.. not what I was talking about

Sent from my Z30
    11-20-13 11:41 AM
    Definitely !!!

Q10 driven by 10.2.1.1055
    11-20-13 12:02 PM
    Yes I would buy it

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:02 PM
    The 6000 mAh battery won't be found in a phone for quite some time and the 4GB of RAM will soon be standard for flagships anyway.

The fake leader vs real leather make a difference of a couple of $, at most.

And 700$ are about 30% cheaper than a price of 1000$.
    30% isn't close. Just... Not at all.

The Note 3 offers pretty much everything the OP included for his premise, and doesn't even come close to the 1k$.
    We add the fact of technology moving forward and that the costs for better components come down over time.

The thought of the OP, that a phone being like the Note 3 would cost 1k when it comes from BlackBerry, either shows the level of delusion he has or the level of uncompetitiveness BlackBerry suffers from.

Posted via CB10
    There is only one phone that uses 3gb of ram, so to say 4gb will be standard is a reach. Perhaps by end of next year maybe (not on the iPhone). You haven't addressed the 128gb of storage. The Note 3 has many high end specs, but not high enough. Again, it adds just one or two things above standard.
    11-20-13 10:10 PM
    I actually think there is a underdeveloped market for this kind of phone. Most phones in this price range usually only offer one spec better from most current high-end phones (ie, camera, storage, or battery). That is not value enough for most to pay. The other high end category is the luxury brand (Vertu, Porchse, etc.) that offer great materials, but average hardware (high price due to name). If BB offered a phone with the following or close to it:

Latest top of the line Intel or mobile processor
    Top of the line 4.5 - 5 inch display
    Sapphire Crystal screen
    4gb of memory
    128 - 256gb of storage
    4000 - 6000mAh battery
    30 - 40 megapixel image sensor (half an inch or more in size) with brand name lenses and LED flash
    Micro USB
    Micro HDMI
    Dual-Micro SIM
    HD Audio
    High Grade Alloy Body/Internal Structure
    GPS
    Wi-Fi b/g/n
    BT
    Quad-Band
    NFC
    Certified waterproof and dustproof with IP code 67
    Leather wrapped back door
    Luxury Boxing (similar to Porsche Design P'9982)

A device of this nature would find an audience and sell well with them especially if it delivers the 'mobile computing' experience we've been shown in the BB demos. It would once again make BB a leader in a market segment.
    I would buy that.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 10:12 PM
    I could never pay $1000 for a phone. That's three car payments or just under a mortgage payment.
    I mean its a phone.....a phone...
    Not even desktops and i mean pretty good ones go for that much.

You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love on crackberry than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    11-21-13 12:48 AM
    I could never pay $1000 for a phone. That's three car payments or just under a mortgage payment.
    I mean its a phone.....a phone...
    Not even desktops and i mean pretty good ones go for that much.

You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love on crackberry than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    Phones may end up replacing desktops/laptops in the near future for everyday tasks. $1,000 will not be that far off. I don't think Android gets more love then Blackberry here. Google Play may get more love then Blackberry World (but that's due to app selection).
    11-24-13 07:05 AM
    I would buy that.

Posted via CB10
    I think you and many others would.
    11-24-13 07:05 AM
    The galaxy note is overpriced compared to the Nexus 5. The note build quality is rather cheap, less robust IMO than the Nexus 5.

A $1000 superphone would have to offer a lot more than specs: a unique form factor and user experience would have to be part of the package, and only Samsung seems willing to try, but because they use android,The note series I'd about it for them... unless they go fill qwerty slider... but without blackberry keyboard patents, it can't compete.

The only $1000 device that would even have a point In this market would be a pimped out BB10 slider... because it would not sell in sufficient quantities to gain economies of scale.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 03:34 PM
236 ... 8910