I'm interested to know what features and functionality people think would really be irreplaceable with another phone/OS if BlackBerry were no more.

I would be heartbroken to be without a keyboard phone and don't consider there to be any comparable substitute.

I'm not so concerned about security, but know others are, and this again seems like an irreplaceable loss, in the consumer market at least.

But everything else? Email - comparable. Features - comparable. OS - just a different way to achieve the same result. Hub - (I hear) replicable with comparable apps. BBM - exactly.

Is this what John Chen has realised, and are his plans now about maximising the gain from these two unique features? Is there anything else which is truly unique about the BlackBerry experience?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-27-14 06:51 AM
    Irreplaceable functions for me would be: hub, toast notifications and universal search on the Q10. I also kinda love the Android functionality as it gives me possibility to enhance the functionality with new apps. But hub and toast notifications are the most important to me. Could really not live without these two.

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    04-27-14 06:57 AM
    I don't think there's anything that's truly irreplaceable on any other platform. At this point, they all do pretty much the same things, but just do it different ways. With that said, it's personal preference. BlackBerry doesn't really have anything special or magical going for them.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    04-27-14 06:59 AM
    All wrong, OP, if you tried BlackBerry 10, best if BlackBerry Z30, you wouldn't create this thread with same question. With an open mind and just try it, you will not regret.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 08:11 AM
    The file manager ability, the wifi file transfer, the ability to watch a movie or ppt and surf the internet while displaying the movie or ppt, sd slot, hdmi, nfc.

Lots of things all in one package that seems like I would have to carry two versions of one maker to get it all. And that maker is not apple. Too restricted.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 08:46 AM
    What would I miss?

In general, I feel that BB10 has the right marriage of the cleanliness of the IOS layout along with some customization of the Android. Not too busy, not too restricted.

Security is very important to me. I use my Password Keeper and will not be comfortable with it on another platform. I do banking on my phone and have used my phone for many private transactions via emails.

Hub, email delivery that only BB can deliver, LED notification, excellent keyboard for PKB and touch, quality build (I can be hard on all of my BlackBerrys), smooth UI. Removable battery or great battery life on Q10 and Z30. Expandable memory is a must since I have tons of pictures, videos and music on my phone. It truly is my portable little laptop sidekick. StoryMaker is one of my fave apps to use and share with others.

I am a huge fan of the LCD display on my Z10. I would miss that too.

And the fact that BlackBerry plays nice with other platforms (except for Apple with its absence of bluetooth and NFC) makes it a pleasure to use and share files amongst friends at gatherings.

I don't think I can accurately articulate the satisfaction that I have in using this device. And I have used and assisted others with their IOS and Android devices with the takeaway that I currently have the device that complements my needs quite well. I would miss that tremendously.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-27-14 10:48 AM
    Interesting - so some excellent reasons to own a BlackBerry mentioned, but nothing more unique.

It does seem that John Chen realises this and is seeking to maximise these unique features, and their related benefits (eg a refocus on messaging, efficiency, and secure communication), which should have advantages for all BlackBerry users, inc touchscreeners.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-27-14 01:58 PM
    I've said this before but I honestly don't know how I'd go back to an iPhone or Android device that doesn't have a unified inbox.

I don't consider myself a sheep for BlackBerry since I've owned Android devices and iPhones but I love the hub. It's just so simple and shows everything possible. Having everything in 1 spot is super convenient.

A feature that i've been overlooking is just the ability to peak into the hub. I find myself doing it in every app just to see what's going on in my hub. It flows so nice.

BlackBerry definitely doesn't have the best hardware and has the worst app store in the industry but the hub is what keeps me here. I own a Q10 and love the keyboard but I'd be able to go back to a touch keyboard. It wouldn't be enjoyable but it's possible. The hub though.. that's a different story. I could go on for days
    04-27-14 10:07 PM
    Sorry man having used ios... and the hub. I just can't go back to that. I think Swiftkey might be close to replacing the keyboard and I hear mixed good things about swype but I don't think the other os have the built in baby keyboard on my flicking awesome phone

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    04-28-14 05:21 PM
    04-28-14 07:12 PM