why has such a simple feature.... adblock... in the browser been overlooked?

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    passport1 likes this.
    03-02-15 02:13 PM
    Because BlackBerry knows ads help make the internet for better or worse? Name me one OEM that includes an ad blocker in their pre-loaded web browser. All ad blocking solutions come via third-party solutions AFAIK unless I missed one somewhere. Private browsing. Well, that's a different story.
    web99 and paulwallace1234 like this.
    03-02-15 02:23 PM
    Private browsing. Well, that's a different story.
    In today's world you need an ad blocker to surf private as "advertisements" in the internet only share the name to things you see on tv or in magazines but are in fact part of large networks that are spying on users browsing behaviour. So an ad blocker is only a self defense of people trying to protect their privacy. If an ad would only be what it is supposed to be (a dumb banner without user tracking) it would be of course another story.
    03-02-15 02:39 PM
    Load Firefox, with Ghostery, Cookie-Self-Destruct & Co. ...

Done. :-D

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-02-15 03:31 PM
    I don't feel like my privacy is impaired by custom ads that are related to what my browser is set to expose, neither is it spying to me, but that's just my mindset on this.

Basically, the industry works through this kind of information flow and this is necessary to deliver what people expect from the internet. Especially as most users today want everything to be free and to deliver quality content in return.

You can't live in a completely wired, high-speed network world without making some concessions on privacy.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:09 PM
    @Blaze

Not because the other OEMs don't do it with their software doesn't mean BlackBerry shouldn't.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    03-02-15 04:24 PM
    If BB or any company included an ad-blocker on their phones, they'd instantly lose a ton of dev support as well as many of their vendors and ad partners, who would probably sue them as well. You have to look at the bigger picture.
    03-02-15 10:19 PM
    If BB or any company included an ad-blocker on their phones, they'd instantly lose a ton of dev support as well as many of their vendors and ad partners, who would probably sue them as well. You have to look at the bigger picture.
    Exactly. Also think about all the websites that would start blocking the OS'es browser if they do that

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 10:35 PM
    I use a product called Weblock on my iphone to block ad serving at the WiFi level. It updates some type of table and kills ads before they get to apps. Kind of like the adblock software in firefox and chrome.

Is there anyway to do the same with bb10?

For iOS it only works on WiFi connections, not the main cell connection.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 08:14 AM
    Is there a third party ad blocking app for BlackBerry 10?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 08:49 AM
    I use a product called Weblock on my iphone to block ad serving at the WiFi level. It updates some type of table and kills ads before they get to apps. Kind of like the adblock software in firefox and chrome.

Is there anyway to do the same with bb10?

For iOS it only works on WiFi connections, not the main cell connection.

Posted via CB10
    Is that from the official App Store ? 8-o

Or does that need a jailbreak / Cydia? :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    04-14-15 02:29 PM
    It can be bought in the app store no need to jailbreak.

Last edited by Black Ice; 01-15-16 at 12:04 AM.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    05-18-15 12:16 PM
    Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 05:41 PM
    People here complain about the most irrelevant things.

Posted via CB10
    madman0141, wasabiGT and habs_fan like this.
    05-20-15 07:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's because everyone who complains think/feel that if it were up to them, they could create the perfect phone that does everything they need it to and none of what they don't.

Then they should realize that all devices, cars, homes etc etc are built for many people. And not just specifically what that one person needs.

Hence there is customization available for everything including the kitchen sink.

Behind the computer CEOs and saviour of all devices they are, yet no companies come to them specifically for their opinion!

Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 05:02 AM
    This is a must have feature for mobile phone browsers, for performance, data savings and to reduce the emf exposure.

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    05-21-15 05:21 AM
    why has such a simple feature.... adblock... in the browser been overlooked?

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    If you use FB, Twitter, Whatsapp, Gmail or any other social media apps, your privacy is long gone, and no 3rd party app eliminating tracking cookies in your browser will make a difference. Remember once permission is given for these companies to access your data, they can, and do so in ever more creative ways. Your blackberry doesn't offer any privacy or security in this case.
    05-21-15 05:57 AM
    It cab be bought in the app store no need to jailbreak.

Quite unbelievable that Apple let's that happen, haha... :-D
    Thanks for sharing!

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-21-15 07:01 AM
    Don't forget also that everyone here can solve BlackBerry's problems in 5 minutes and return it the top of the heap in the smartphone market.

Of the billion or so CB members we probably have 500,000 true Armchair CEO's.

That's because everyone who complains think/feel that if it were up to them, they could create the perfect phone that does everything they need it to and none of what they don't.

Then they should realize that all devices, cars, homes etc etc are built for many people. And not just specifically what that one person needs.

Hence there is customization available for everything including the kitchen sink.

Behind the computer CEOs and saviour of all devices they are, yet no companies come to them specifically for their opinion!

Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    05-21-15 07:05 AM
    Don't forget also that everyone here can solve BlackBerry's problems in 5 minutes and return it the top of the heap in the smartphone market.

Of the billion or so CB members we probably have 500,000 true Armchair CEO's.

I completely agree with your statement.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    05-21-15 08:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Very true.

05-21-15 08:59 AM
    That is very smart indeed.

I completely agree with your statement.

05-21-15 12:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    But what will people think if they see me with a BlackBerry!!!!!
    shaleem likes this.
    05-21-15 02:00 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people here think they're so corporate, business, executives, etc. just because they own and / or like BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 09:40 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people here think they're so corporate, business, executives, etc. just because they own and / or like BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Lol that's the most silliest thing I've read on here in a long time! Lol

Omg im dying from this.

No one but those who are in corporations or in business or actual execs think that they are what they are. I for one am not but like this Passport im using for what it is.

Way to put everyone in your way of thinking. Winning for you

Posted via CB10
    passport1 likes this.
    05-22-15 01:30 PM
36 12