Hi everyone, I was so excited buy a BB Q5. Now i'm worried if i do BB will just break down in the near future and that my phone wont be supported anymore.Its' the recent news everyone's been talking about that has me worried. Like as long as BB keeps their OS 10 going I wont mind, i'm just worried that they will break down and disappear. Do you guys think i'm over looking it and should i just buy the BB Q5 anyways?
    08-14-13 05:00 PM
    Get it my friend - we can't rely on 'what others say' about BlackBerry because they don't know.

Posted via CB10
    Harmss likes this.
    08-14-13 05:03 PM
    I think you should buy what you are considering. No matter what happens the phone will be supported for years to come.

Posted via CB10
    Harmss likes this.
    08-14-13 05:06 PM
    BlackBerry is not going anywhere. I am getting a red Q5 for my daughter. Buy it and enjoy the best mobile OS on the market. With 10.2 coming out in the next few months there will be a ton of new features.

Posted via CB10
    Harmss likes this.
    08-14-13 05:06 PM
    Hi, and welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile with device (when you know, or your current one for now), carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

Yes, you're safe buying a new Q5!
    BBRY isn't going anywhere anytime soon. New devices will still be coming and new OS updates too. The media is always looking for the most sensational angle on a story, so don't freak out!

It's a cool device with a lot of value over the Q10 if you don't need the extra device storage memory. (Q5 has 8GB, Q10 has 16GB.)
    Go forth and enjoy!
    dusdal and Harmss like this.
    08-14-13 05:09 PM
    This news has been happening for over a year. Now the media got a hold of it and completely blew it up out of proportion.

I'm pretty sure selling the company will be the last on Heins list. I can see it going private (for the better) or Partnering up with someone (definitely could be better)

10.2 is rolling out in weeks etc. I think BlackBerry is fine for now

Posted via CB10
    Harmss likes this.
    08-14-13 05:10 PM
    BlackBerry is not going anywhere. I am getting a red Q5 for my daughter. Buy it and enjoy the best mobile OS on the market. With 10.2 coming out in the next few months there will be a ton of new features.

Posted via CB10
    Coming out in "weeks" at least for canada/UK.
    US + last to get updates = months lol. Most likely Canada/UK will have an MR version by then.

Posted via CB10
    Harmss likes this.
    08-14-13 05:12 PM
    I understand your concern but don't let it determine your sole reason to purchase.

If the phone meets your needs then buy, if not then don't.

BlackBerry is already committed to the Z30 and 10.2 is coming out soon as well.

Posted via Z10
    Harmss likes this.
    08-14-13 05:15 PM
    I ordered a Q5 for my sister today, and my wife just received her Q10. Go for it.
    bigbadben10 and Harmss like this.
    08-14-13 05:18 PM
    I'm buying it for sure now its a awesome phone. Thank you everyone for your help and input.
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-14-13 05:22 PM
    If you can, wait for the sales numbers next month, that will decide where you stand.

Buying now should be Ok. But future updates may not happen (think PLAYBOOK) if the handset business fails.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    08-14-13 05:43 PM
    Coming out in "weeks" at least for canada/UK.
    US + last to get updates = months lol. Most likely Canada/UK will have an MR version by then.

Posted via CB10
    That would be really nice to see but I expect it when they release the Z30 in Canada. Hope you are right bro )

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 05:50 PM
    If it suited your needs before, it will likely continue to suit your needs after that announcement.
    08-14-13 05:51 PM
    If you can, wait for the sales numbers next month, that will decide where you stand.

Buying now should be Ok. But future updates may not happen (think PLAYBOOK) if the handset business fails.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    A month isn't enough time to determine what will happen with business... but the PlayBook statement is true

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:21 PM
    That would be really nice to see but I expect it when they release the Z30 in Canada. Hope you are right bro )

Posted via CB10
    that is true Z30 is a big factor. Gold SDK just got released today which usually means Gold OS is just around the corner
    08-14-13 10:27 PM
    I think the Q5 looks like a great phone. Give it a go. Don't knock it just because others want to flee BlackBerry just because things look grim.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:43 PM
    IMO the current talking about BB is overrated and, as usual, is put in very negative ways by the media. Thorsten Heins already stated last year in an interview, he'll consider all option when it comes to BlackBerrys future. Back then he also mentioned specificly a sell of the company as one of the possible options. I can now also remember it raised many concerns around here, yet the broad media didn't really got the attention about this very interview. The only thing which is happening right now, again IMHO, is Heins actually executing that "future options" think tank he simply mentioned last year - basicly made it official. That doesn't mean much.

So yes, I'd still buy a BB10 device any day right now. Yet your concern shows the damage which has been done by the media as well as BBRY themselves when they did their press release.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    08-15-13 01:30 AM