Love the Jawbone, hate the fit. Earpieces stink. Same ol' story. Any ideas to make it fit more snugly???
    05-26-08 10:25 AM
    Not really. I bought it and hated the fit so I sold it and got the Blue ant Z9. I know this might not be an option but thats what I did. The jawbone is a good headset but the fit sucks.
    05-26-08 10:36 AM
    Never used the jawbone went straight for the blueant Z9 first and it's a great fit
    05-27-08 12:51 AM
    Love the Jawbone, hate the fit. Earpieces stink. Same ol' story. Any ideas to make it fit more snugly???

I posted on a thread a three months ago with my first jawbone. Go by Radio Shack and purchase a pack of jabra softgel ear pieces. They're very cheap (less than $6.00). There are six ear pieces- SM, M, & LG for each ear. These earpices will help you get a snug fit. I also have the z9. I like them both. So, I alternate.
    05-27-08 12:59 AM
    Use the foam covers that come with the wired headset in the blackberry box. It worked for me. Also you might need to bend the hook a little. But once it fits boy does it fit. Nothing better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 04:23 AM
    I tried the Jabra ear gels mod... After 40 days (thanks Best Buy) I couldn't take it still falling off my small ears. Got the
    Plantronics 520. Much better!
    BB

06-20-08 09:11 PM
    I have a way! Throw it out and get a Nokia BH-200
    06-20-08 10:25 PM
    I tried the Jabra ear gels mod... After 40 days (thanks Best Buy) I couldn't take it still falling off my small ears. Got the Plantronics 520. Much better!
    BB

I did the same exact thing! Got the JB2 on sat and it was painful, I tried everything. Took it back today and got Plantronics Voyager 520 and I'm very happy so far.

07-18-08 03:12 AM
    Yup - if you google the jawbone, you'll find that some people love it, and some people cannot tolerate the fit, despite the great technology. I'm in the latter group: it's been great technology: good sound quality, great noise reduction even when I'm driving -- but the fit is a joke.

I switched over to the jabra mini-gels also almost a year ago. It makes the headset usable, but still an unhappy experience. It's not especially comfortable, although it's a huge improvement over the original earpieces. Also: the mini-gel I have on there now keeps popping off. I've read of people gluing it to the headset, but that's ludicrous to me.

I was tempted to get a Z9, but read that some find it uncomfortable in a similar way. Was wondering about:
    - new Z9 (what is it? z9i?)
    - new blueant voice-controlled headset (was supposed to be out last year - rumored to be out soon)
    - jawbone II (did they finally fix the fit?)

- Jon
    07-18-08 06:44 AM
    I have the Jawbone 2. Yes. The fit is better. No, it still doesn't fit well.

Easy answer - buy something else. I have a plantronics 510. So comfortable, I forget it's on. The sound is good, but not as good as the JB.
    07-18-08 07:12 AM
    I have the Jawbone 2. Yes. The fit is better. No, it still doesn't fit well.

Easy answer - buy something else. I have a plantronics 510. So comfortable, I forget it's on. The sound is good, but not as good as the JB.
    Thx...but that's the problem: you still have to trade off sound quality for fit. I know it's tough coming up with an earpiece that's comfortable for the infinite variety of ears out there - but it would sure help if the ergonomics designers took this more into account, and came up with a broader variety of attachable earpieces to include with the headset.

I went through so many BT headsets before getting the JB last year. The fit was fair on the Moto's, but the sound quality very disappointing. The fit on the Cardo Scala was very good - but the sound quality and feature set only fair. I still have an old Jabra (BT200? not sure), but that was huge, and the fat part that sat behind my ear invariably left it feeling bruised after a an hour.

After having spent perhaps $250 on BT headsets in the last few years, I'm really reluctant to drop more unless I find "the right one". Disappointing...
    07-18-08 08:42 AM
    I have 3 bluetooths, Jawbone 2, the expensive Motorola (cant remember the model) and a cheap plantronics. I use my jawbone 2 the most because of the sound and filtering, The fit is decent but the ear hook breaks REALLY easy. The moto one is alright, its to small and the ear hook gets really annoying, the plantronics fits the best honestly, it was 40$ but the reception gets fuzzy.
    07-31-08 01:48 PM
    *sigh* -- Sounds like the same old story. Best technology in a mediocre package with a mediocre fit, while the best fit houses mediocre technology.

It's been this way for years. I don't get it. Why can't Aliph hire good ergonomics engineers, and why doesn't Plantronics invest a bit more and put out class-leading electronics?

I was thinking that maybe the newer Blueant devices would fit the bill. From what I've been reading, though, it seems like they fit in the middle: technology above average but not quite on a part with Jawbone, and fit not quite as comfortable as Plantronics.

Can't believe the industry has been stuck like this for years. Very frustrating and disappointing.
    07-31-08 02:55 PM
    get new ears?
    07-31-08 02:57 PM
    I just got a jawbone also because of the technology...

I did find this that might help some people...a custom earpiece.

Jawbone Bluetooth with Custom Molded Earpiece from AverySound.com

Its not cheap, but looks to be the ticket to solving the problem.
    I'm going to try the Jabra ear gels first... but, that's next.
    08-01-08 04:30 AM
    The Avery custom earpiece is good to know about, but I personally can't see spending $61 plus tax to get a decent fit out of my Jawbone...

I've been using the Jabra mini-gel for the past several months -- picked up a pack of them at Best Buy last year for something like $6 or $7. They're an improvement (for MY ear) over the stock Jawbone earpiece, but far from ideal for me. With the earpiece inserted (goes a bit into the ear canal) the sound is certainly better than the stock sound -- the bass is noticeably deeper. However it's a weird feeling putting this in, and it gets annoying after 30 to 45 minutes.

Also: unless you're prepared to glue the mini-gel to your Jawbone, it will eventually have a tendency to get knocked off your Jawbone -- it's just a rubbery stretch-on fit, and not all that precise. I find myself refitting the ear gel pretty much every day now.

I really want to replace my setup, but have been hesitating simply because everything out there seems pretty flawed...

08-01-08 07:10 AM
    I just deal with the fit because there is no other bluetooth even close in quality and sound. I bought the blueant Z9I 3 weeks ago and it dosnt fit great either, it is always loose feeling and the people I talk to are always making comments on the sound and noise levels. No one ever made comments when I was on the jawbone. I also tried the jawbone 2 for a few days and I did not love the fit on that either, it is very light so it had a hard time staying against my cheek.
    08-04-08 05:02 PM
    I have the JB2. guess I'm lucky...I don't have any fit or comfort issues.

I tried several Plantronics headsets, the fit was ok, but I got static and an overall cheesy sound quality.

If I had found another headset that worked as well as the JB2, I would've scooped it up. The JB is'nt cheap.
    08-12-08 07:58 PM
    It took about one week to get my jaw bone earpiece to fit good. I reshaped it until I could wear it all day. I also cut out the little (rubber band) things. Now I forget I have it on. Good luck.

08-12-08 08:12 PM
    You can have the great technology and a good fit. I read this somewhere else and it works for me. You just need to purchase the Plantronic discovery 925 ear gels and you get a perfect fit without using the ear loops and it relatively comfortable.

It is a lame fix but I really like the noise assassin technology in the Jawbone 2 and this makes it wearable.
    03-06-09 03:53 PM
    I ordered the FREE ($2.99 shipping) New Fit ear buds from the Jawbone web site. I also bought the Plantronics 925 to test at the same time. I liked the Jawbone New Fit ear buds a lot, they're a lot like the Plantronics ear buds. BUT, the Plantronics ear buds fit me even better. So I returned the 925 and bought the Plantronics ear buds. I'm pretty happy now with this combo. I highly recommend it.

I also ordered the Jabra ear gels to test, but haven't received them yet. If they are better than the Plantronics ear buds, I'll report back here.

Rob
    03-10-09 11:00 PM
    I wound up replacing my original Jawbone with a Jawbone 2 a few months back. The earpieces were almost as uncomfortable as the ones on the first gen Jawbone. So I popped another pair of Jabra mini-gels on the Jawbone 2, and immediately had greater comfort and better sound.

I'll check into the new official Jawbone "new fit" buds. In general, my feeling is that they really understand the electronics and make a great device, but they seem to be clueless about ergonomics.
    03-10-09 11:12 PM
    I coldn't stand to wear my Jawbone 2 for more than 30 minutes or so with the original ear buds or the "new fit" ear buds. I bought the Jabra Ear Gels through Amazon and they work great.
    04-04-09 09:17 PM
    I ordered the FREE ($2.99 shipping) New Fit ear buds from the Jawbone web site. I also bought the Plantronics 925 to test at the same time. I liked the Jawbone New Fit ear buds a lot, they're a lot like the Plantronics ear buds. BUT, the Plantronics ear buds fit me even better. So I returned the 925 and bought the Plantronics ear buds. I'm pretty happy now with this combo. I highly recommend it.

I also ordered the Jabra ear gels to test, but haven't received them yet. If they are better than the Plantronics ear buds, I'll report back here.

Rob
    I just received my new fit earbuds in the mail today and so far they fit very well. Nice not using the earloop (especially with glasses/sunglasses).
    04-09-09 05:08 PM
    The newfit buds aren't free anymore. I was on the site and saw they are now charging $9.99 for them. Is it just me, or is that what the new pricing is?

04-23-09 01:56 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD