What is the ideal application memory for blackberries? I have a bold, so im guessing that it varies depending on what phone it is. I recently had no app memory and my phone was laggy, especially the browser. I did a battery pull and now i have 25 mb with no apps running, and it works much quicker. Any ideas?
    12-21-08 05:54 PM
    25 is kind of low for a bold. Mine is at 38 and I haven't done a battery pull in 2 days... After a battery pull its at around 45mb. If your noticing slowdowns from having too much apps I would consider removing some, as well as upgrading the OS to .210+ considering they have much better memory management

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 06:09 PM
    Upgrade your OS, I'm almost certain you're usinng an antique build with only 25MBytes free after reset. With no third party apps the current popular builds are usually loading to about 50MBytes free, more stable and much faster in operation. See the sticky threads at the top of the Bold message board for more details.
    12-21-08 06:10 PM
    Its recommended that you don't allow it to get any lower than 12. Any lower than that and you should do a reset.

12-21-08 10:36 PM
    As previously posted by Moderator Reed, with OS 4.5 and above
    the Device Memory Limit is now 5mb so that, not 12mb is the safe
    level with OS 4.5 and over.
    12-21-08 10:51 PM
    ok, so this was kinda just answered, but its probably not a set number.

If apps need memory, they allocate/use it. If it needs 3MB of memory and you have 12MB, but it's all fragmented with no space larger than 2MB (like a hard drive on your computer), then it's not gonna do anything for you and your BB is gonna be slow. If you have 5MB of contiguous memory,then you're probably good for just about any app that will be opened.
    12-21-08 11:41 PM
    My storm runs anywhere between 18 and 40-45 megs depending on what I'm doing and how long since last reset. Storms got all sorts of memory leaks though....

12-22-08 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD