Z30 screen is too small to replace my Playbook. My Playbook is heavily used despite it's limitations. I still would like to see an app to make it a "dumb" screen for my Z10.
    11-01-13 12:35 PM
    Z10 is worth $145 trade in and the pb is worth like $150. The z30 is $600. It think they would lose money

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 12:38 PM
    No thanks. I love my Q10 and still use, and love my PB.....

I'll keep both.
    11-01-13 01:16 PM
    Funny this is exactly how Apple do it, my mate dropped his iPhone 3GS in a bucket of water. They took the dead phone plus �50 of his money and gave him a refurbed unit. He was happy with that.
    If his phone just stopped working, he would want Apple to fix it or give him a new one, since he would view the broken phone as Apple's fault. In this case, where he broke it himself, he probably felt lucky that Apple was willing to sell him a refurb 3GS for �50.
    11-01-13 01:26 PM
    As a mea culpa, it would be nice if BlackBerry gave PlayBook owners employee pricing on BB10 devices of their choice (Z10, Z30, Q10, Q5). Each PlayBook serial number or PIN would grant the owner one discount on one BB10 device.
    11-01-13 01:33 PM
    No because the PlayBook is a nice bit of kit in its own right. It's unique.

All I want from BlackBerry is any major updates to the Flash player and the browser, never mind BB10 or discounts on other products or other ridiculous stuff ... just those two things will future proof it for a few years.
    11-01-13 01:39 PM
    As a mea culpa, it would be nice if BlackBerry gave PlayBook owners employee pricing on BB10 devices of their choice (Z10, Z30, Q10, Q5). Each PlayBook serial number or PIN would grant the owner one discount on one BB10 device.
    For an outright buy I hope.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:43 PM
    I love and still use my PlayBook. I never leave home without it. My only regret is not buying the 64g model.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 11:06 PM
    Funny this is exactly how Apple do it, my mate dropped his iPhone 3GS in a bucket of water. They took the dead phone plus �50 of his money and gave him a refurbed unit. He was happy with that.
    Whether you get a refurb from Apple or not depends on when you do the return. For example, if you have a problem with an iPhone 5S right now (like that battery issue) and return it, you wouldn't get a refurb. They don't have any refurb units yet. Wait a few months, they'll have plenty. When I had a proximity sensor problem with my iPhone 4 a while back, I returned it within the first month, they gave me a new phone.
    11-02-13 01:30 AM
    What would be the point of trading it in though? It's not like they can sell the Z10 and PlayBooks as refurbished haha they could barely sell them when they were brand new!

I have my PlayBook, it's been good to me, I'd love a BB10 tablet sometime, but I don't see BlackBerry doing much of anything for us PlayBook owners. They already had write downs on the inventories of both the PlayBook and the Z10, so I don't foresee them saying, "Let's lose some money on a Z30 sale by giving people a free one, and add to the piles of Z10s and PlayBooks we have." It just doesn't make sense to me.

At the very, very best, I could maybe (with the most optimistic outlook on) see BlackBerry doing some promotion, where if you buy the Z30 through their website and enter in your PlayBook serial number or PIN, you would get some kind of discount or accessory. That's seriously as hopeful as I'd ever be about getting anything from BlackBerry out of the PlayBook deal.

BlackBerry seems to have no problem charging top dollar for their devices. The Z10 and Q10 on their site are not priced to move, so I'd be surprised if they did an about-face and all of a sudden had some deal on a Z30-- a device they know is high end and can charge accordingly.
    codiak likes this.
    11-02-13 01:42 AM
35 12