Now that BlackBerry has written an open letter to us, we - the user base - should respond with an open letter to BlackBerry.

We could highlight the things they've done right, what they've done wrong, and improvements we'd like to see in 2014.

Once finalized, it could be published on the front page of CrackBerry who would then pass it along to the appropriate contacts at BlackBerry. They could also share it with other media outlets with hopes that the message would be widely publicized.

Who's with me?
    10-15-13 09:56 PM
    Now that BlackBerry has written an open letter to us, we - the user base - should respond with an open letter to BlackBerry.

We could highlight the things they've done right, what they've done wrong, and improvements we'd like to see in 2014.

Once finalized, it could be published on the front page of CrackBerry who would then pass it along to the appropriate contacts at BlackBerry. They could also share it with other media outlets with hopes that the message would be widely publicized.

Who's with me?
    I'm in.

(BBM#33)
    10-15-13 10:02 PM
    so who gets to edit out the profanities and the "time-machine" solutions?

I'll like to chip in a few suggestions myself, (that doesn't use time-machine solutions)
    10-15-13 10:03 PM
    Is this along the lines of what you're thinking OP?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=857555

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    10-15-13 10:04 PM
    I might be in Bird.... But I wanna read that letter first. :-/

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 10:05 PM
    Good idea,...

The reply letter must be respectful and objective though,...
    10-15-13 10:07 PM
    I might be in Bird.... But I wanna read that letter first. :-/
    The wheels are rolling in my head as to the process. It could be just summarize the sentiment. Equally balanced of course.

Maybe a mixture of positivity, realism, pride, hope.
    10-15-13 10:10 PM
    Somehow I have a feeling that trying to distill the many, many disparate views expressed on this site alone into anything bordering on a coherent message would be near impossible, but what the hey, it can't hurt. Rebut away Bird
    10-15-13 10:12 PM
    I applaud the idea and if it ever comes to fruition I'll def read it.
    But the powers that be already have access to a source containing our thoughts, complaints, ideas, ramblings of armchair ceos etc.
    The CB team has developed an awesome forum, beautiful mobile app, and they get tonnes of media recognition ( ie Simon on CBC).
    It seems to me the information is available and has been for a few years now - if they wanted it they could find it quite easily.

I mean didn't Kevin interview Mr TH?
    I applaud the effort of passionate users, but if the BlackBerry team hasn't already visited the resources on this site... will a letter change that? idk...just a thought.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    10-15-13 10:20 PM
    Lets ask Thor a physics question, see if he still has the knowledge
    10-15-13 10:22 PM
    How about bird and bigglybobblyboo (dang his choice in names) go in to a room for about a weak and hammer this out?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 10:43 PM
    A monster project for sure but a worthy effort. Start with outline format before the paragraphs and words so the bullet points can be defined in the thread as people post. Just an idea

Posted via CB10(BBM#22) on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    10-15-13 10:49 PM
    I'm in. How do we go about it? Should we use the thread to gather the "rights" and the "wrongs" and then the OP drafts a letter to critique?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 10:51 PM
    I can see it now. TH is being driven to the bank to deposit his severance check from Cerberus when he stumbles on the open letter from Crackberry. After he reads it he tells the driver to turn around. He arrives back at Blackberry headquarters right as the auction of assets is about to start and dramatically tears up his check and says "I'm not leaving. We're going to turn this company around. Who's with me?"
    tmanthib likes this.
    10-15-13 10:59 PM
    I'm in. How do we go about it? Should we use the thread to gather the "rights" and the "wrongs" and then the OP drafts a letter to critique?
    Just at the opinion gathering stage right now. We would need the backing of Kevin Michaluk to make it worthwhile.
    10-15-13 11:10 PM
    Just at the opinion gathering stage right now. We would need the backing of Kevin Michaluk to make it worthwhile.
    He is probably onto his next location /holiday by now
    10-15-13 11:42 PM
    I noticed in the "beer" thread that Kevin invited all of us to his place for beer. So, we all meet there and draft the Declaration of Interdependence?
    10-15-13 11:43 PM
    Nice idea letz try to implement it

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    10-15-13 11:45 PM
    I noticed in the "beer" thread that Kevin invited all of us to his place for beer. So, we all meet there and draft the Declaration of Interdependence?
    "Declaration of Interdependence"? That means everyone is interdependent on each other--which make no sense at all.

I think the word you were looking for is independence.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 11:47 PM
    Hollywood jewish movie
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    10-15-13 11:49 PM
    "Declaration of Interdependence"? That means everyone is interdependent on each other--which make no sense at all.

Posted via CB10
    He already started the beer
    10-15-13 11:50 PM
    I'm definitely in provided the letter builds on the positives already achieved, highlight the shortfalls in a professional and constructive manner and do not just list the issues, but at the same time offer well thought through solutions. Cryptic one liners like "fire TH" or "do some proper marketing" will achieve nothing.
    bradu1 likes this.
    10-16-13 12:37 AM
    Is this along the lines of what you're thinking OP?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=857555
    Def not something so detailed. Just a one pager.
    10-16-13 01:49 AM
    He already started the beer
    Aw...
    You hurt my feeling. (And that was the last one left...)
    10-16-13 06:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    No, I meant interdependence. We're dependent upon BlackBerry for our devices and OS upgrades; BlackBerry is dependent upon the CB membership buy their devices and to (more-or-less) carry the BB flag.

And, I thought it was kind of catchy.
    10-16-13 07:02 AM
34 12