i like the idea of being able to pin a frame like kevin suggested a while back, its allowing you to have the live info on an app you constantly need it on.. as oppose to just having live information on the app thats open because ur using it...

so how about having 2 pages for active frames... as 8 apps is the max that can be shown, why not allow 4 to be 'pinned' on one page and those never close unless u decide to.. and the other 4 are other apps that you open and close normally...

that way u have live info from apps u want wiythout it ever going away...
    dont know if its feasable... but i do want some active frames to always provide me with live info... obv its the same as me not ever closing an app... but like kevin also mentioned.. apps get taken one step back when another is open... so i guess this might be useful

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-13-12 10:28 AM
    You mean like widgets?
    11-13-12 10:55 AM
    You mean like widgets?
    No, I think he means to have two screens populated with active frames.

I thought if you had more then 4 active frames you can scroll down to see the next, or am I imagining that?

PS can any Android apps be set as a widget on screen?
    11-13-12 11:03 AM
    No, I think he means to have two screens populated with active frames.

I thought if you had more then 4 active frames you can scroll down to see the next, or am I imagining that?

PS can any Android apps be set as a widget on screen?
    Right I understood about the 2 pages of frames, but from the way he described what he wanted it sounded like he was describing widgets. An app doesn't have to be open for a widget to keep receiving information and live updating.

No, not all Android apps can be set as a widget. There are widgets that correspond with certain apps, but not all. I don't know if I'm explaining that right lol.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 11-13-12 at 11:16 AM. Reason: I'm not a pirate.
    11-13-12 11:15 AM
    My only concern with the "pinning" of active frames is that there is now no real difference from Win8's live tiles (aside from some of the cusomization features). Where active frames is contstantly on the move and changing as use changes, live tiles are static but can be changed by the user at any point. With pinning the active frames, they now become static as well. Now I don't know at what point patents are infringed, but it seems to me that if they were to be pinned, it may blur the lines of similarity and difference between the features and Windows might have a problem with that. If I'm wrong, let me know.
    JR A likes this.
    11-13-12 11:26 AM
    cj, I do see your point, but that has been a feature that both Android and Windows have that is quite popular. It just seems like the logical move for RIM to include it in their OS.
    11-13-12 11:40 AM
    You mean like widgets?

Hey, no not like widgets... The active frames... Exactly as they have been designed... But what I'm saying I would like to see is a screen that can be dedicated to active frames, but never close... And therefore, you always have live updates for that app whenever you want to look at the screen.
    11-13-12 12:26 PM
    I see what you mean by saying it sounds like I am asking for a widget.... Well I am asking that I have an application that I have chosen to always be there on a screen for me to look at giving me live updates.... So its like an active frame widget.... Always there, in the same place giving me live updates.... I do like the idea of having these active frames... But don't like that they are arranged in the order you open your applications... So a page for dedicated active frames would be nice
    11-13-12 12:35 PM
    In my opinion, active frames is one big task manager that shows the actual application running instead of just the name of the app.

Pinning frames would make them static and that's just like a widget or live tile.
    11-13-12 12:57 PM
    My only concern with the "pinning" of active frames is that there is now no real difference from Win8's live tiles (aside from some of the cusomization features). Where active frames is contstantly on the move and changing as use changes, live tiles are static but can be changed by the user at any point. With pinning the active frames, they now become static as well. Now I don't know at what point patents are infringed, but it seems to me that if they were to be pinned, it may blur the lines of similarity and difference between the features and Windows might have a problem with that. If I'm wrong, let me know.
    You are missing a fundamental difference, in BlackBerry 10 the active frames are a minimized version of an Open/Active/Running app, whereas Windows Phone's live tiles and Android's widgets are not counted as Open/Active/Running apps
    11-13-12 01:08 PM