02-24-15 07:37 PM
    Not looking good on the hardware side for BlackBerry.

Z30 STA100-5 running 10.3.1.2267
    02-24-15 07:39 PM
    Not looking good on the hardware side for BlackBerry.

Same news for like the past 4 years. Android and iOS up, BlackBerry down. MS hovers.
    02-24-15 07:42 PM
    BB's share of the market has actually been stable the last few quarters at ~0.5% so it should be up from here.
    02-24-15 07:56 PM
    Same news for like the past 4 years. Android and iOS up, BlackBerry down. MS hovers.
    Yup. That's why Chen is doing what he is .

02-24-15 07:59 PM
    BB's share of the market has actually been stable the last few quarters at ~0.5% so it should be up from here.
    I certainly hope so! Hopefully 2015 shows some good sales from the Passport and Classic!
    02-24-15 11:38 PM
    From the N4BB writeup....

"BlackBerry is the only major player out of the four included in the report, to ship less devices in 2014 than in the previous year."

I think they only list Blackberry at this point because people are interested in how far they've dwindled, but managed to remain a corporate body.

Calling them a "major player" seems a little....

off.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-25-15 12:23 AM
    Bringing overpriced and underspeced devices certainly won't help BB to rise again. John Chen is well on the way to shut down handset division completely.
    early2bed and vbdwork like this.
    02-25-15 02:21 AM
    Bringing overpriced and underspeced devices certainly won't help BB to rise again. John Chen is well on the way to shut down handset division completely.
    I tend to agree with this tbh...
    I still hope that they have some hidden secret weapons, but I don't see how BlackBerry will ever come close to 10M sales with their current strategy. It's basically unfeasible with the current product portfolio.

I'm not sarcastic, the question is serious:
    Do you mean things like the Classic or that Chen is trying to make BlackBerry, the company, useful without the hardware division?

Because personally, even though I know that you like the Classic, I still think that BlackBerry focusing on keyboard phones, is a major part of what is killing them.
    early2bed likes this.
    02-25-15 03:50 AM
    I tend to agree with this tbh...
    I still hope that they have some hidden secret weapons, but I don't see how BlackBerry will ever come close to 10M sales with their current strategy. It's basically unfeasible with the current product portfolio.

I'm not sarcastic, the question is serious:
    Do you mean things like the Classic or that Chen is trying to make BlackBerry, the company, useful without the hardware division?

Because personally, even though I know that you like the Classic, I still think that BlackBerry focusing on keyboard phones, is a major part of what is killing them.
    I mean the latter. If hardware survives that's great but I don't think that is the main focus.

02-25-15 04:44 AM
    02-25-15 08:55 AM
    This is no surprise. BlackBerry had no product to sell last year. A limited run of Passports was it. Cannot expect market share to increase under these circumstances.

MWC will tell us all we need to know. If BlackBerry actually releases a solid devices road map with product to meet various needs (touch, PKB, high end, low end, etc) then we will better be able to judge them at this same time next year. If sales are not treading in a positive direction, even slightly, then it's game over for HW.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 10:14 AM
    This is no surprise. BlackBerry had no product to sell last year. A limited run of Passports was it. Cannot expect market share to increase under these circumstances.
    Well, there was the Z3. But I don't know how much hope was placed on it.
    02-25-15 10:27 AM
    Well, there was the Z3. But I don't know how much hope was placed on it.
    That's true. I almost forgot about that one.

That phone was a joke from day 1 IMO. Advertised as a $199 USD phone which translated into a way too expensive option in many local currencies. If BB were smart they would focus all of their energy and resources on US consumers. Cater to their every whim and try as best they can to build market share in the US. As the US goes, so goes the rest of the world. If BlackBerry could ever become cool again in the US, it would be sought after in every other market.
    02-25-15 10:41 AM
    In Indonesia the z3 can't compete with Motorola and Xiaomi and now the Z3 got more hit by the launch of android one by google.

And recently just read flash news that BB sales down from 19.2 mil into 5.8m and that's quite large (13.4mil unit).

Sent from my PHONE using Tapatalk
    02-26-15 07:26 AM