MODERATOR, PLEASE KILL MY POST, I CANT TAKE THE INSIPED WHINERS AND COMPLAINERS!

What I've done so far is perform the fb "Update/Disable" and installed the old fb facebook-29-0-0-23-13 APK and old Messenger facebook-messenger-25-0-0-17-14-multi-android, apparently those are Android and worked and do work on BB10. So far they are working, I don't have the knowledge to determine if they will continue to work after March 31.
    Last edited by mawil1013; 03-19-16 at 12:48 PM. Reason: moderators please kill this post
    03-19-16 08:35 AM
    Just a question, as I am not a Facebook user and such would not know they answer to this, but couldn't you just use Facebook (as well as Facebook's messenger) via the Web and have it be just as (if not more so) functional than the app itself?

I am not an app fan, I hate enabling permissions to 3rd party entities and as such I typically opt for a more 'controlled' usage by frequenting the web versions of sites I'd otherwise have an app for... I find the functionality of web based versions to be far superior to apps in most senses (regardless of platform). Is not having a functioning app and instead relying on the web-based approach really that inconvenient? I don't think it is, but again, I don't use the majority of the 'mainstream' apps out there, so I wouldn't honestly know how functionality differed and what was affected as a result of going Web over app... I mean, hypothetically speaking, can't all functions of the app be accessed via the web anyways? (Sans the app alerts and messenger integration into one's standard inbox, but again, in the past I typically disabled these functions when available anyways, always keeping alerts and inbox integration off.)

Not a 'snarky' or sarcastic reply, but just a sincere, legit question...

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 09:49 AM
    The new update is absolutely ridiculous. I thought it was okay but I did not know that all the existing notifications within the Hub would disappear, and if I (not going to) log out my account on my phone, all my facebook contacts in the contacts (which I think is super convenient and nice to have) would be gone as well, so now I just keep my account logged in because I want the contacts to remain on my phone. This is worse than I thought.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 10:23 AM
    They put up useless stuff for the full dozen remaining bbm users & ignore millions on fb... pure genius jc !!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 11:05 AM
    They put up useless stuff for the full dozen remaining bbm users & ignore millions on fb... pure genius jc !!

Posted via CB10
    'They' aren't the ones making the decision... Facebook is the one choosing to end support for BlackBerry devices... Facebook also owns Whatsapp and we've all seen the deja vu scenario played out recently here as well...

Facebook has more than ample resources and finances available to squander away as desired, yet they CHOOSE to drop support for a brand that continues to almost bend over backward to keep them on board... (Pretty close to dropping to their knees and begging at this point as read in this recent article http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-r...ty?cb_mobile=0 )

Regardless of the fact that only .02% of the current smartphone user base is using one form or another of BlackBerry OS, keep in mind it isn't BlackBerry choosing to end Facebook support, but instead, it is vice versa... Facebook and their staffed app developers... BlackBerry didn't choose to end Facebook support, Facebook chose to end BlackBerry support... Why not direct your sarcastic quips expressing your dismay for FACEBOOK'S decision on THEIR community forums? At least then it would be appropriately directed to those who actually hold the authority on the matter as it is out of BlackBerry's hands...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 03-19-16 at 12:23 PM.
    03-19-16 12:10 PM
    Sarcasm? Huh... it's simply a BlackBerry Moment !!

EMC exec email cites 'Blackberry moment' - Business Insider
    03-19-16 12:39 PM

Regardless of the fact that only .02% of the current smartphone user base is using one form or another of BlackBerry OS, keep in mind it isn't BlackBerry choosing to end Facebook support, but instead, it is vice versa... Facebook and their staffed app developers... BlackBerry didn't choose to end Facebook support, Facebook chose to end BlackBerry support...

Posted via CB10
    When you consider that of that .02% the number of locked down corporate devices and the number of users that for one reason or another don't use social apps.... The number of BlackBerry users that Facebook or Whatsapp sees us probably pretty small.
    03-19-16 12:49 PM
    for a brand that continues to almost bend over backward to keep them on board... (Pretty close to dropping to their knees and begging at this point as read in this recent article BlackBerry reiterates their strong commitment to the BlackBerry developer community | CrackBerry.com )
    The app wasn't updated much before this, I doubt they went that far.
    03-19-16 01:37 PM
    The app wasn't updated much before this, I doubt they went that far.
    As stated prior, I don't use Facebook... Regardless there is a huge difference between having a lax app development process and having Facebook willingly choose to stop supporting BlackBerry and then murdering the needed APIs... That is all I'm saying... People all pissed at BlackBerry over the Facebook/WhatsApp business when clearly BlackBerry did NOT choose this... I just would prefer to have the blame be properly (and accurately) distributed instead of being pinned damnly to one particular party... Facebook isn't killing BlackBerry support because they made a subpar app, they are killing support (as well as their acquired WhatsApp support) simply because THEY choose to do it...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 03-19-16 at 05:36 PM.
    03-19-16 01:55 PM
    As stated prior, I don't use Facebook... Regardless there is a huge difference between having a lax app development process and having Facebook willingly choose to stop supporting BlackBerry and then murdering the needed APIs... That is all I'm saying... People all pissed at BlackBerry over the Facebook/WhatsApp business when clearly BlackBerry did NOT choose this... I just would prefer to have the blame be properly (and accurately) distributed instead of being pinned damnly to one particular party... Facebook isn't killing BlackBerry support because they made a subpar app, they are killing support (as well as their acquired WhatsApp support) simply because THEY choose to do it...

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has made it obvious to anyone who is paying attention that BB10 is over - BlackBerry moved on to Android. BlackBerry is to blame for its own failed platform. You can't blame other developers for pulling support from a dead platform.
    03-19-16 10:00 PM