I have a Passport which received software update 10.3.3 1435. Now when I turn it on and touch any icons they flash as if going to open and then disappear. Phoned Blackberry they said it is an issue with the latest update and received lots of calls about it. Their suggestion was to re-install software but then I will lose my contacts, pictures etc - and I have not backed up recently. I know I should have but at the same time you don't expect a software release to render your phone good for nothing.
    I asked BB Support if they are likely to release a fix and they said no.

Any suggestions to fix the problem ???
    09-28-17 01:54 PM
    Have you tried the hard reset, volume up/down for 10+ secs, until the Passport reboots?
    09-28-17 07:54 PM
    Hi, thanks for your response. Volume up/down does not do anything on my phone but holding the on/off key does reset. I have done this a few times but makes no difference.
    10-03-17 11:25 PM
    I did noticed that when I hold down key and reboot, the blackberry name appears and then the blue anti clockwise line moves around it but does not go full circle before going to the home screen. I thought perhaps this is down to the corrupt software or is it normal to not go full circle ?
    10-03-17 11:31 PM
    Volume up/down means to hold both the volume up and down buttons simultaneously. Are you doing that? Turning it on/off isn't the same thing.

During boot, it's usual for the circle to go around until the very end, when it goes very fast, when you might not notice it completing the circle unless you're very intently watching it.

For your pictures, have you tried to download them to a computer using USB mass storage mode?
    10-04-17 12:06 PM
    I have a Passport which received software update 10.3.3 1435. Now when I turn it on and touch any icons they flash as if going to open and then disappear. Phoned Blackberry they said it is an issue with the latest update and received lots of calls about it. Their suggestion was to re-install software but then I will lose my contacts, pictures etc - and I have not backed up recently. I know I should have but at the same time you don't expect a software release to render your phone good for nothing.
    I asked BB Support if they are likely to release a fix and they said no.

Any suggestions to fix the problem ???
    With BB10... you should have planned for the worst long ago. Personally my Z10 twice has had the dreaded OS error , and still get a few people a week with that problem here on CrackBerry... without updates issues. Which I have had some of those too. But anyone can have a phone stolen or drop it and break it....

Use Ultimate Backup to save any info you can, and reload the OS with an Autoloader. Use email accounts that sync your data and cloud services (not OneDrive anymore) that will backup your documents and photos. Nothing should be on your phone that isn't automatically saved somewhere else... or it's not really important to you.
    10-04-17 01:18 PM
    Hi cbvinh
    I held the volume up/down as you explained and it turned off and on but no change. I have tried to recover photos by using link and blend which although can see photos will not copy to computer. The USB option does not work. I did not have a media card installed and my computer cannot find any files from phone.
    10-04-17 04:02 PM
    Hi cbvinh,
    The boot circle goes round really slowly and does not complete the circle
    10-04-17 04:04 PM
    Hi unfortunately u don't realise the importance of your data until it's gone ! I could kick myself many times over.
    I am unable to use ultimate backup I cannot open any icons to download it. Same applies to syncing.
    10-04-17 04:15 PM
    Hi cbvinh
    I held the volume up/down as you explained and it turned off and on but no change. I have tried to recover photos by using link and blend which although can see photos will not copy to computer. The USB option does not work. I did not have a media card installed and my computer cannot find any files from phone.
    Is your phone encrypted? You might need to decrypt your phone for USB mass storage option to work... :-)

•   BlackBerry... aBBan10ment is happening, or is it? ;-D   •
    10-06-17 09:32 AM
    Also, if you can swipe down to enter settings, are there any hung or frozen apps under Device Monitor?

If so, close them. Your phone might wake up again... :-)

•   BlackBerry... aBBan10ment is happening, or is it? ;-D   •
    10-06-17 09:40 AM
    Hi, thanks for your help.
    Mass storage - I have been able to decrypt to no avail. Interestingly, I can access the settings after turning off and on but not all options are available and any changes I make like decrypting are undone once I turn off and on again.
    I am able to access the menu showing Device Monitor but will not open. I am able to enter Default Apps but no apps are showing and pressing Reset Defaults does not work.
    Any further suggestions are more than welcome
    10-07-17 05:04 PM
    Hi to anyone reading - help still needed and would be very much appreciated
    10-14-17 02:35 PM
    Hi to anyone reading - help still needed and would be very much appreciated
    I think you're out of luck.

Run the most recent autoloader and accept that the device will be wiped.

Download to PC, unzip, plug in phone, run.

https://mega.nz/#!4B4RATaB!VNMD0CNU6...yyCKbK6eS6TW9Q

This is 2017. All of your data should be synced to the cloud. Make sure you do that going forward. You need resilience against losing your phone, breaking your phone, having it stolen, or corrupting your software.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-14-17 03:04 PM
    Hi conite, I am sure you are right but I live in hope !
    10-16-17 11:48 AM