I just replaced my Blackberry 8330 with the Tour 9630 I have downloaded several programs that I had working perfectly on the Curve, but when I click on the icons of the new downloads on the Tour nothing happens. Is there a setting that needs to be changed? All the original icons are working fine, along with one that I downloaded.
    08-14-09 09:07 PM
    Many apps are phone specific, i.e. what works on a Curve won't work on the Tour. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think I'm right. Maybe.
    08-16-09 02:45 PM
    Yes, you need to find the correct version for your Operating System.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 05:18 PM
    Well, this has been interesting! Verizon Store said the phone was defective and to call support for online replacement since I got an instant rebate and the store couldn't match the price (I would have to PAY them the $100 I got as an instant rebate!). Called Tech support who told me the store SHOULD replace the phone for no charge, and she called them to arrange it. Went back to the store and spent 1 1/2 hours getting it done--all icons working on the new phone. Went home and did a resore from Blackberry Desktop Manager and guess what--same problem occurred, including freezing up! Called Tech Support again--he said (1) the operating system wasn't the issue, and (2)there must be a corrupt file somewhere in the applications. We wiped the new Tour, did a sync but no restore, and I'm in the process of redownloadiong my apps one at a time. Keep your fingers crossed!
    08-18-09 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD