I would like to apologize to the community for my rants yesterday, I am a BB fanboy and was very disappointed to say the least with what was given out at the launch, yes we all want a device now, because all of us have been waiting for a while for it, I think blackberry is doing all it can to make the new os a success, but we all didn't see the speed bumps ahead and are looking to blame it on whoever, so I'll sit back and wait to see what happens in the next few months and hopefully have a new device to gloat about.
    01-31-13 05:54 AM
    We expected too much... blackberry gave us a nifty little device which is basically their entry model to the mainstream smart phone market, we were expecting a lot more.
    I would be proper annoyed if i was an american though..
    jakie55 and Jake Storm like this.
    01-31-13 05:58 AM
    I was thinking of doing the same thing today, thanks for getting it started. Not to make excuses but as you said I think our disappointments (varied as they were) only reflect our intense excitement about rim, bb, our devices, and the future. And as always huge props to our cb team, thanks!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-31-13 06:04 AM
    Well, they said it would be near perfect. They said there would be surprises. I think the presentation was very poor.
    Keep in mind, though, that they only need to convince 10% to 15% of Apple and Android users that their new phone is da bomb and it will be a success.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    01-31-13 06:08 AM
    Just to point out that anyone who really embarrassed themselves has the ability to edit their own posts, or even delete the post entirely (except the initial post in a thread - that needs moderator powers). Look for the Edit button (next to the Reply button).
    01-31-13 06:16 AM
    I believe they hit a triple with it, new os, gonna take time to refine just like android and apple has done my disappointment has subsided and am looking to the future for BlackBerry
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    01-31-13 06:21 AM
    Good for you. As for me, I do not and stand by what I have said and posted.

Sales will tell the story one year from now.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    01-31-13 06:36 AM
    Classy move. I'm sure a lot of us said things that were out of character in the heat of the moment. It sucks to wait that long and be told to wait some more, but it is what it is. Hopefully we'll have a more polished device when it becomes available in our region.
    revtech likes this.
    01-31-13 06:52 AM
    Well, they said it would be near perfect. They said there would be surprises. I think the presentation was very poor.
    Keep in mind, though, that they only need to convince 10% to 15% of Apple and Android users that their new phone is da bomb and it will be a success.
    The OS is good. Seriously, is the OS not good and able to compete? I think it is.

And yes, they need small chunk to make the switch to be deemed successful. Current users will support (if not, its of of envy...silly).

Check out the how to vids on the BB website. The demos are one thing but seeing how the phone is intutive, it shows more light on tje OS.

BB will be fine. New phones don't become successful immediately. iPhones and Androids had to grow on people. There no magic button for BB. It will have to be the same for them.
    01-31-13 06:54 AM
    I would like to apologize to the community for my rants yesterday, I am a BB fanboy and was very disappointed to say the least with what was given out at the launch, yes we all want a device now, because all of us have been waiting for a while for it, I think blackberry is doing all it can to make the new os a success, but we all didn't see the speed bumps ahead and are looking to blame it on whoever, so I'll sit back and wait to see what happens in the next few months and hopefully have a new device to gloat about.

Another post to return to and use my "Thanks" button once it returns from whence it came

So for now..... "Thanks"
    01-31-13 07:10 AM
    Not misguided just disappointed after waiting for a year, and no my life does not revolve around a phone just got tired of wait wait wait and now more waiting
    revtech likes this.
    01-31-13 07:15 AM
    Look at it this way -- the OS has some rough edges still. So by the time we get devices it will be even better. K. Michaluk pointed out there is an SMS issue. Things like that. Glass half full.
    01-31-13 07:32 AM
    Look at it this way -- the OS has some rough edges still. So by the time we get devices it will be even better. K. Michaluk pointed out there is an SMS issue. Things like that. Glass half full.

Yep thanks to the Brits for working the bugs out for us.
    01-31-13 07:41 AM
    Yep thanks to the Brits for working the bugs out for us.

I'm happy to beta test one! but those darn complex mixed US carrier networks and their bloatware..... won't sell me one
    01-31-13 07:46 AM
    Finally, an op worth reading. Thanks for posting.
    01-31-13 07:53 AM
    It does suck for the American users, but its hardly BlackBerry's fault. They definitely wanted to launch it earlier but your carriers reacted too slowly The wait and see approach does no one any favors.
    01-31-13 08:03 AM
    Well....I'm NOT apologizing until I get over my ANGER .......really not sure what I posted in a fit of anger anyway
    01-31-13 08:03 AM
    It is good start. It is far from a finished product and people would have been delusional to think that new product, on new hardware with a new OS, would be perfect.
    There are bugs. There are inconsistencies in the UI (why is the Send button in the upper right hand corner for mail and lower right hand corner for texts) which should have been fixed before it was released.

Is it transformational? Only when compared to older BBs. It has many similarities to the Android look and feel, with touches of older BB OS'.

Is it usable. Yes. Does it need work? Yes. Maybe waiting until March (which is still Q1) is a good idea. Get the rough edges worked out.
    01-31-13 08:08 AM
    We expected too much... blackberry gave us a nifty little device which is basically their entry model to the mainstream smart phone market, we were expecting a lot more.
    I would be proper annoyed if i was an american though..
    If the Z10 and Q10 are entry level devices.... I hate to see what BB is going to charge for the mid-level and premium devices.

"sgt50" I don't think for let anyone down by your rants. Did we expect too much from RIM, of course we did. But we have known that they were in the position that they had to really impress everyone if they are to regain marketshare. They didn't do that so of courses fans of BB are going to be disappointed, because they know better than the average consumer what that means for the future of the company and the device.

That doesn't mean that it's over... just that their window of opportunity has gotten much smaller.
    01-31-13 08:12 AM
    Where did BlackBerry state that the Z10 and Q10 are entry level devices?
    01-31-13 08:13 AM
    It is good start. It is far from a finished product and people would have been delusional to think that new product, on new hardware with a new OS, would be perfect.
    There are bugs. There are inconsistencies in the UI (why is the Send button in the upper right hand corner for mail and lower right hand corner for texts) which should have been fixed before it was released.

Is it transformational? Only when compared to older BBs. It has many similarities to the Android look and feel, with touches of older BB OS'.

Is it usable. Yes. Does it need work? Yes. Maybe waiting until March (which is still Q1) is a good idea. Get the rough edges worked out.

I am trying hard to convince myself waiting until March will give me a better phone.

But darn it I enjoy learning a new OS, finding the issues and watching them get fixed. Maybe even contribute to the solution once in awhile. I won't be involved or as involved now (I use Verizon so can't get phone elsewhere).

That's why I'm frustrated no matter who's fault it is.
    01-31-13 08:14 AM
    Mine wasn't disappointment in BlackBerry. It was in the haters from other platforms, I shouldn't have engaged them. Its just like a car, not everyone is going to drive the same thing. Regardless I need to learn to not feed the trolls, just keep it postive.

White Zed10 On Tuesday, sending out educations for folks that ask, not sending out hate.
    Jake Storm and pkcable like this.
    01-31-13 08:19 AM
    Where did BlackBerry state that the Z10 and Q10 are entry level devices?
    You have to remember to a lot of people who dont know any better this is blackberrys first smartphone. Therefore its an entry level phone. It may well be the first blackberry some people ever buy.
    01-31-13 08:57 AM
    How do we know that it didn't get to US carriers too late to be ready sooner?

Just curious if this was just how it worked out or deliberate to keep it out of the more critical US market til a few things get worked out?

Either way, the answer is still shut up and wait...and that is what most of us in America were not expecting....

The loyal BB users will wait...or most of them...but with it becoming available after the Galaxy S4 is announced...I think a lot of people will wait for it or the next Iphone....

I think more switchover might have happened if it were available within a week or so of the event...especially BB users that have had to move on to Iphone and Android but only did so because BB became burdensome to use and really lagged behind..
    01-31-13 10:35 AM
    It amazes me that RIM/BB can disappoint time and again, but to the folks on CB, it's always someone else at fault.
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    01-31-13 10:50 AM
30 12