Hey , I was wondering if anyone can help me.
    I have an air conditioning & heating company , My partner and I both have blackberrys , for all the jobs we get we wanted to put in the to-do-list section or somthing like that. Any way both of our to do lists can update at the same time , So if I add a job he sees it , and if he contacts the person I will be aware of that. The main concern was I only want the todolist to sync I dont want the entire phones to sync because we both use it for personal use as well.

Another question

Is it possible if my partner and I are able to only have phonebook catagory "business" to sync and not "personal"

Thanks
    Raymond
    05-07-08 08:30 AM
    Take a look at ToDo Matrix at REXwireless: BlackBerry Software Applications

As far as syncing your phone books, you can setup categories, but I don't think you can selectively sync with the Desktop Manager.

You might want to consider looking into a hosted exchange server with a small business BES license. Then, you would have the advantages of BES without the cost and headache of maintaining it yourself.

Patrick
    05-07-08 09:03 AM
    Actually you can selectively sync with DM. Just configure the sync only for your To-Do/Task list. Leave the others (Calendar, Contacts, etc.) unconfigured.
    05-07-08 09:37 AM
    I was thinking Backup/Restore too.

Using a selective restore, a TD List can be downloaded to multiple devices, but there is no provision for combining lists from several devices.

That leaves 3 party apps or using BES and Outlook for the job.
    05-07-08 09:55 AM
    Thanks
    the todo matrix looks interesting.
    the only thing is , I need it to sync that second online , so my partner and I will have the same tasks without pluging the usb cable , and once I complete task 1 it updates on both of our phones.
    ex. If I add a new task , it updates to both of our phones instantly, if he completes it , it shows completed on my phone. Possible? please help
    05-07-08 11:03 PM
    Or you can setup Google Calendar and you can use Google Sync to sync the calendars.
    05-07-08 11:28 PM
    im not too familiar with gogle calender , both of us can have the same calender on our phone? do i need to click sync or its auto?
    05-07-08 11:36 PM
    You can both create a calendar and then share it so each of you can see the others. You can manually upload changes immediately or wait for the automatic sync it will do every 2 hours.
    05-08-08 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD