I often wonder what would happen (or when) if someone wrote malware for iOS and Android devices that spread like wild fire. Something so bad that you'd have to turn of the device to prevent infection. Something that was invisible to the user.

Something that turned people in the flesh eating zombies....(just kidding).

So many people with iOS or Andriods these days. I love BB because of the security. I don't know of any instances of malware on Blackberrys, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not bashing iOS or Andriod but just wonder what would happen if they got his with a large scale infection of malware.

Just a thought
    Last edited by Gray; 06-27-12 at 05:09 PM.
    06-27-12 03:38 PM
    Every application on a BB has to be certified by an authenticated developer. I believe RIM can quickly revoke the application's certificate, push out an app kill alert, and ban the developer and revoke all of his certificates.

I've never actually heard of any major malware (Except for CarrierIQ, which required you to install one of your carrier's applications, and can be removed by uninstalling the app). Uninstalling malware is relatively easy, because no executable can be headless (no icon or entry into application management).
    06-27-12 08:46 PM
    Here's a fun fact. There's 700+ malware viruses for android.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    06-27-12 10:21 PM
    check out the jarrod apps on blackberry. That is about as bad as i have seen on a blackberry. I never had any issues on my BBs but i would avoid jarrod apps for sure!

Never had anything on my android devices either
    06-27-12 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD