Hello,
    I would like to know if there is a way that I could use my blackberry with straight talk. I switched over because I could not afford Verizon anymore. I am on a limited income. The good news is that it runs off of Verizon towers so the reception is great. But I sure do miss my blackberry. Thanks for any help and have a good week end.
    03-12-10 08:40 PM
    Yous should still be able to talk and text minimum. Depends on where you live you can find a cell phone store that can convert/unlock to put on the network you need.
    03-12-10 08:44 PM
    I don't think so... The only thing you could do is call them up to see if they will accept your phone. It does use Verizon's towers, but it's still a completely different company. You can't unlock a Verizon 8330, there's no SIM card in it. It can be flashed, but that won't do you ant good if Straight Talk won't accept your phone. I would just call them up and ask nicely if they can do it. Good luck...
    03-12-10 09:01 PM
    I doubt that ?? will accept such a simple solution for their service . Usually these companies such as Straight Talk uses considerbly much less data than a normal package ! But it is worth a try .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 09:06 PM
    Straight talk is more like trackphone, there is no way to use that service with out having one of their phones. If you have pocket or cricket in your area. They can unlock and flash your verizon phone to their service and here at least it runs about $50 unlimited talk text pics videos and web.
    03-12-10 09:24 PM
    even locked they should be able to accept your phone as long as they don't offer blackberry's through their service. but that will just leave you with call and text.
    03-12-10 09:36 PM
    even locked they should be able to accept your phone as long as they don't offer blackberry's through their service. but that will just leave you with call and text.
    Please explain how you know this? Most companies that use CDMA technology will NOT let a phone that isn't their owns on the network. From what I've read about Straight Talk they are one of those companies...
    03-12-10 09:42 PM
    Please explain how you know this? Most companies that use CDMA technology will NOT let a phone that isn't their owns on the network. From what I've read about Straight Talk they are one of those companies...
    well this is just a guess from me, its been awhile since i lived in the us. but from here in Canada my boss lost his blackberry on virgin. they use bell towers so i offered to give him my old 8330 from bell. when i called virgin they said they cant activate the phone, when i told the rep to be honest with me and tell me why she said its because virgin offers the 8330. when i did live in the us verizon had no problem activating my sprint locked phone. so thats what i'm basing this logic on. just telling him to try if he wants not promising anything.
    03-12-10 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD