I wish blackberry launches its own secure email/calendar/doc service. I will happily pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 07:04 PM
    I wish blackberry launches its own secure email/calendar/doc service. I will happily pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    Like BES or something different?
    93Aero likes this.
    01-11-14 08:34 PM
    Me too. I'm pretty content with the two-step authentication set up I have for my Outlook email account, but i'd love to have my BlackBerry.net email set up back that of course I could backup my contacts and calendars to, and a cloud service would be an awesome little bonus.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    01-11-14 08:47 PM
    I'm up for that.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 09:20 PM
    Yeah, I was talking about this a while ago as well.

It makes perfect sense to do so, right? Instead of relying on features and security of others, feature-pack and security-mass one of your own.

Running through BlackBerry NOC, of course.

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    01-11-14 09:47 PM
    In fact, the other three platforms already have a solution for this!

01-11-14 09:48 PM
    Like BES or something different?
    Like iCloud, most if us can't afford BES.
    01-12-14 03:57 AM

Well now. That hadn't crossed my mind but you're right. All the better reason for BlackBerry to do it.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    01-12-14 04:04 AM
    Afford BES10? BES is free. And the license is 100 per BlackBerry device. I lucked out and had a Microsoft technet subscription and got an exchange server license key before they got rid of technet. So I'm good to go.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:06 AM
    Afford BES10? BES is free. And the license is 100 per BlackBerry device. I lucked out and had a Microsoft technet subscription and got an exchange server license key before they got rid of technet. So I'm good to go.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah right, don't you need to own a server first to install BES on? Plus paying the licence fee plus paying for the domain and exchange email service.

It quickly adds up.
    01-12-14 04:50 AM
    I'm no expert as I haven't yet installed it. But I have a spare desktop. Boom server! Software is free. BlackBerry device license is 100 dollars. That's it. 100 for the license. It's lifetime. Exchange will be kind of expensive if you don't have it already. It may be against your TOS agreement with your isp to host a server but I can't see a BES eating bandwidth unless you are running an entire business on it.

And you can get domains cheap. Don't make it out like it's soooooo expensive. The most expensive part is finding a spare desktop and getting the exchange server software.

But BES software is free to download.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 05:06 AM
    I'm no expert as I haven't yet installed it. But I have a spare desktop. Boom server! Software is free. BlackBerry device license is 100 dollars. That's it. 100 for the license. It's lifetime. Exchange will be kind of expensive if you don't have it already. It may be against your TOS agreement with your isp to host a server but I can't see a BES eating bandwidth unless you are running an entire business on it.

And you can get domains cheap. Don't make it out like it's soooooo expensive. The most expensive part is finding a spare desktop and getting the exchange server software.

But BES software is free to download.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but when you compare it with FREE with your device purchase how does it look?

PS I'd never leave an old computer running while I'm not in the house, it's a fire hazard.
    01-12-14 05:14 AM
    I never said an old computer. And a well maintained computer (which it should be it costs 1500+) is no more a fire hazard than your stereo or your TV.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 05:25 AM
    BES10 Cloud... Coming soon

Ohh and by the way- you have now the option to use BB Software for free on Office365 with E1.
    01-12-14 05:27 AM
    I never said an old computer. And a well maintained computer (which it should be it costs 1500+) is no more a fire hazard than your stereo or your TV.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, so now I have to spend $1500 on a computer too?
    01-12-14 05:41 AM

You meant the NSA has a solution for this, right?
    01-12-14 06:01 AM
    You meant the NSA has a solution for this, right?
    NSA has a solution for everything right now, except for Snowden.
    01-12-14 06:04 AM
    Give us BIS. I'll gladly pay the monthly fee. This is one thing I dearly miss from Legacy OS.

Z on Channels
    01-12-14 07:25 AM
    There's plenty of stuff like iCloud for BB10. Difference is, you have a choice. I choose to sync to my MacBook Pro wirelessly through Link. It's pretty schweet. I take a picture -- BOOM -- there it is in my iPhoto library, as if by magic. I don't even have to do anything.

All that being said, I bet BlackBerry could make serious bank by offering a cross-platform, secure sync service.
    01-12-14 08:49 AM