Does anyone know a way to slow down the retrieve time on the BB storm for emails???
    While at my desktop at work, I want my computer to go out every 5 minutes to the server and get my mail...however, my phone is retrieving them immediately and I would like to set it for 15 minutes (enough time that I can use my computer to filter out my emails and not have it go to my phone first.

Any help would be mega-appreciated!!
    04-03-09 03:09 PM
    Your BlackBerry isn't "retrieving" e-mails, they get *pushed* to it. That's the whole idea behind the BlackBerry. If you plug your BlackBerry into your PC, you can go into Desktop Redirector settings and turn of redirection while connected.
    04-03-09 03:14 PM
    Does anyone know a way to slow down the retrieve time on the BB storm for emails???
    While at my desktop at work, I want my computer to go out every 5 minutes to the server and get my mail...however, my phone is retrieving them immediately and I would like to set it for 15 minutes (enough time that I can use my computer to filter out my emails and not have it go to my phone first.

Any help would be mega-appreciated!!
    Ermmm doing that just completely defeats the object of having a Blackberry...push email is what they are best at and always will be. A BB without push capability is like having a Ferrari car but with a 4cylinder engine in it

But if its something you really want to do then follow the posters above instructions and that should help you.
    04-03-09 03:21 PM
    Just turn your phone upside down so you aren't bothered, or create a profile where you aren't alerted to new emails.
    04-03-09 03:35 PM
    Not sure how get to the Desktop Redirector? Also, is it easy to just turn off the Push function while at work and have it on while away/in the field?

I appreciate the help, but not the sarcasm (davidnyc)...turning the phone upside down will have me deleting all the emails that I have dealt w/ during the day. Not what I want to do.
    04-03-09 04:28 PM
    Just filter them from your phone so you dont have to do it twice.
    04-03-09 04:34 PM
    Just turn your phone upside down so you aren't bothered, or create a profile where you aren't alerted to new emails.
    Oh, that's funny, McGee!
    LMAO!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD