I have a Tour on Verizon and it is time for a new phone, the tour has gotten very slow recently, even when just trying to open any application other than BBM and messages. I am a multi tasker so I dont like waiting.

My sister just got the new Bold, but I have a problem spending another $200 just to get the same phone with a trackpad...

Are there any rumors of a decent Blackberry coming to Verizon or am I SOL.

I like the Droid's, but the more I see people use them the more I see the advantages of my BB. I will not buy a product with clearly inferior build though.
    10-08-10 12:08 PM
    I have a Tour on Verizon and it is time for a new phone, the tour has gotten very slow recently, even when just trying to open any application other than BBM and messages. I am a multi tasker so I dont like waiting.

My sister just got the new Bold, but I have a problem spending another $200 just to get the same phone with a trackpad...

I like the Droid's, but the more I see people use them the more I see the advantages of my BB. I will not buy a product with clearly inferior build though.
    Backup your Tour and reload the operating system. I do that on occasion to square up my storm. You may have to redo a few things.

Or wait a while until the iPhone arrives or a little longer for Windows Mobile 7. My wife and daughters all have LG Ally phones running Froyo - release 2.2 of the Android OS and are quite happy. If you're hung up on running a BB, choices narrow down.
    10-08-10 12:30 PM
    As Blackberry innovation (on the phone side) seem to continue to crawl, how long do you suggest holding off? It is weird to me that their tablet competes and is actually better in specs than the iPad but their flagship phones trail the industry by a considerable amount.

If they put all that power from the tablet into their phones I think we would have a winner (which I am sure has been said on this side many times). I am not dead set on a BB, I just hope they pickup their act and compete, they definitely have the money.

Storm 3 being cancelled hopefully means they know where they are wrong and know where they need to fix it!
    10-08-10 12:39 PM
    There's nothing wrong with the Bold.. but because Verizon's cdma, they don't get all of the newest phones.
    10-08-10 06:00 PM
    For the record, there are a few more differences in the Bold 9650 and Tour. The 9650 has double the internal memory (512mb), WiFi, and is OS6 compatible.
    10-08-10 06:04 PM

If you can hold off for a little longer there may be better phones announced that are LTE capable. Try all of them out at the store and see what feels best for you. Try non BB phones too so you get a feel of what's out there because there are some really good phones coming out, it's just all user preference. You will have that 30 day trial period to switch. To answer your other question, no it doesn't seem as if VZW has anything coming right now for BB.
    10-08-10 06:28 PM
    For the record, there are a few more differences in the Bold 9650 and Tour. The 9650 has double the internal memory (512mb), WiFi, and is OS6 compatible.

and OS6 is very slick I went from the tour to the torch, and it is a very pleasing experience.

the upgrade seemed very substantial, beyond the spec talk, the OS is very snappy, could be more, but compared to my Tour and OS5 the upgrade in software was noticeably better than I expected.

if the 9650 is getting OS6, I would say the upgrade is worth it, actually see if you can get a used one! and wait for LTE to use your upgrade in the new year after a few LTE devices launch.
    10-08-10 06:29 PM

I had a Tour and upgraded to the Bold. To me the difference is worth the upgrade. Did you ask your sister to try out her phone to experience the differences first hand?

When you say "a decent Blackberry" I guess you mean an upcoming or new device? IMHO the Bold is a very good Blackberry.
    10-08-10 08:53 PM

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/ve...9630-a-534591/
    I posted this a few days ago when I went from Tour to Bold, you might find the comments interesting, it is worth the upgrade even if itwasnt getting OS6 but it is getting it, even better!
    10-08-10 09:10 PM

Try to backup and reload the OS, as another poster mentioned.

I was recently in your position and went from a 9630 to android because I refused to spend a cent on a device with the same hardware as the Tour with the exception of a few minor changes (bold) and there didn't seem to be anything but refreshes coming out anytime soon.

At least some android devices are just as good as BB in terms of quality, but they aren't without their quirks. I do agree though that they're not for everyone. I see folks here say how much hassle it is to push a virtual button twice to send a message, but for an amazing web experience, I'll put up with that.. you just need to decide for yourself whether you can tolerate buying a refreshed older BB or want something else.

Funny how the tablet was mentioned, a device that is still vaporware as I recall. You could end up waiting a long time for that, and even longer for a phone based on the same OS, IMO. Once there is a QNX BB in the wild, it may be enough to make me want to switch back.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that hopefully RIM gets their act togeether and loses the "just enough hardware at the time" mentality to do away with the need to refresh devices vs offering actual upgrades (improved screen, processor, storage, camera, etc).
    10-09-10 02:09 AM
    Well said Sandman, well said!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 10:04 AM
    The Bold 9650 is a great device and will soon have Blackberry 6.
    10-09-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD