The Bold is great, don't get me wrong, I have had it for a little over a year now and I'm a bit bored with it. I've been toying with the idea of getting a new BB but I have some questions (I'm sorry if some are stupid.)

- I don't have 500 to dish for an unlocked phone, so I would have to upgrade with AT&T. I know they cut off the unlimited data for iPhones, if I upgrade my BB will they take away my unlimited data package??

- I'm looking at the 9700. Is it worth upgrading now, or should I wait another year and see if BB releases something new/better??

- Will all of my already-purchased apps transfer over? Or do I have to buy them again (my main concern is Tether).

Any other suggestions???
    08-11-10 12:36 PM
    No they wont take your unlimited package away?

The touchscreen 9800 is coming out tomorrow for ATT. Go in the store and play with it to see how you like ir. Thats your best bet for a while.

If you bought your apps from CB you can just switch your pin right on this site. IF you bought them elsewhere you can just email tech support and they will change your pin for you.

Hope I was able to answer your questions.
    08-11-10 12:42 PM
    1. Yes, it is the same data plan as the iphones data, once you upgrade through at&t they'll take your unlimited data.

2. The 9700 is a great phone I have one for work and it is incredible with that being said they have a 9780 more like the 9700 II. It is pretty sweat if you want more info on that device just look at the rumored devices on the forums.

3. Mostly every single app CAN move over if not you can contact support of the app and they will give you a new code. I've been told that you can do the same with tether but don't quote me on that one.

I hope that helps. If you get either the 9700 or the 9780 they are amazing phones it is just a matter of losing your unlimited data if your not willing to use ebay and pop your sim card into that.
    08-11-10 12:46 PM
    Yes, thank you.

I've been busy and out of the techie loop all summer...I'll have to go research the 9800....I'm not a fan of touch screen phones though, so it's doubtful.
    08-11-10 12:47 PM
    Yeah I'm totally uncool with losing my unlimited data. But I just don't have 500 to spend on a phone.

Decisions, decisions.
    08-11-10 12:51 PM
    [QUOTE=BiG BaLLA 923;5448845]1. Yes, it is the same data plan as the iphones data, once you upgrade through at&t they'll take your unlimited data.

Im sorry Balla where did you hear that AT&T will remove your data plan?
    08-11-10 12:57 PM
    Yes, thank you.

I've been busy and out of the techie loop all summer...I'll have to go research the 9800....I'm not a fan of touch screen phones though, so it's doubtful.
    That's what is great about the 9800, touch screen and full keypad + trackpad. Best of both worlds. If that isn't your thing though, the 9700 is a great phone. I'll be sticking with my 9700 for a while. The new operating system (OS 6) will be coming out for the 9700 as well. Something you won't be able to get if you stick with the 9000.
    08-11-10 01:47 PM
    I talked online with an ATT rep who said I would NOT lose my unlimited data plan, but to be sure to do the upgrade on the phone just in case....I'm not sure how much I trust them, though.

I think I will wait and play with the 9800 before I make my judgment.
    08-11-10 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD