I'm all for folks using whatever they feel they need. That's the most important thing really.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 05:01 PM
    Well if you want your Android back, go buy one instead of complaining and comparing a very old blackberry to a Android phone.... Sorry if I sound mean but its pretty much what I felt was necessary to say here.
    01-11-11 05:06 PM
    This seems to be the new crutch for BB users. I keep seeing this repeated time and time again.You can't carry a laptop everywhere and it's impossible to put a desktop PC in your pocket.

I guess an all in one device doesn't appeal to BB users?
    I am content with my all in one device.

I get along perfectly fine on the os5 browser and slightly better on os6 (Wouldn't even call it a huge speed differences.)
    I have had Android devices, Apple iPhone 2G and a few BB's and for everything I do, I can do perfectly fine on a BB and thus far it has been the best device for me. (9700)

Some people with bish about anything. Speed on the browser, not enough memory, blah, blah, blah....there are tons of phones on the market...get one that suites you best, but there is no 100% better phone as we all differ...

Some of you are like robots...all programmed the same way. How boring...Me have 1ghtz processor, me have more memory, me having blazing speed...me = better than all!

BORING....

01-11-11 05:24 PM
    Hahaha right it must be that since I leave the an out of android, don't be so pathetic and anal, at the end of the day they are all just cell phones...

Lol what was anal about that post? I asked a simple question. Maybe you shouldn't overanalyze questions that ask for a yes or no answer.
    01-11-11 05:26 PM
    Lol what was anal about that post? I asked a simple question. Maybe you shouldn't overanalyze questions that ask for a yes or no answer.
    He's not talking to you, and I believe the person he was talking to is now on his ignore list.
    01-11-11 05:28 PM
    Lol noob on a phone forum... Anyways if I get enough people to complain about me calling it a droid instead of an android ill fix it, if not leave it okay I'm sure nobody but you lifeless phone fanatics care about those details

So smartphone fans are lifeless? That's right, it is impossible to participate on a forum and actually have a real life.

Being a BB user, I figured you would understand the concept of multitasking. I guess I overestimated your level of intelligence. Do you enjoy posting on a smartphone forum, which you participate in, and then call the others who participate as well lifeless?
    01-11-11 05:30 PM
    He's not talking to you, and I believe the person he was talking to is now on his ignore list.
    Ok then, my apologies. If that was directed towards me, I take those apologies right back.
    01-11-11 05:33 PM
    Yeah I have nothing against you sorry for the confusion

01-11-11 05:48 PM
    lol, my thread went nutz! No worries all.
    01-12-11 06:04 AM
    lol, my thread went nutz! No worries all.
    Nutz is right! Entertaining for sure! I can't wait for your encore thread.

I hope you can find a device you like and fits in your phone usage. If there is one thing I've learned from reading the countless threads on CB that have turned into the in-group out-group biases dialog is that everyone has their own wants and needs.
    01-12-11 07:04 AM
    I had the 8330 for a year and a half. It has great battery life and is very stable. I'll give it that!

Course I had that BlackBerry like 10 years ago!

01-12-11 07:19 AM
    I had the 8330 for a year and a half. It has great battery life and is very stable. I'll give it that!

Course I had that BlackBerry like 10 years ago!

^HAHA^ I'm over you!
    01-12-11 07:38 AM
    Hey, I've got a discontinued device on OS 5. That's not much better.

01-12-11 07:58 AM
    I'd guess because the Storm series and the Tour caused the most hatred for RIM. Funny that they think every BB is OS 5.

I know you don't have the Droid, you have the Milestone.

I find it funny, when the G1, Hero and other Android devices were introduced before the Moto Droid, I do not remember anyone on this forum or anywhere else calling those Android devices Droids. Once VZW branded them that way, then it started to happen.
    It's not that they think every BBOS is version 5.

It's just that BBOS6 isn't that much better than BBOS5.

Being less terrible than something else doesn't mean it's not still terrible.

If the OP doesn't like an 8330, he pretty much won't like anything else because TBQH there isn't much difference between the OSes that would make a consumer go gaga over them.

All blackberry devices in that form factor share the same faults, irregardless of whether they run OS 5 or 6.

And that doesn't mean 6 didn't make improvements over 5, BTW, so spare me the list.
    01-12-11 08:07 AM

If the OP doesn't like an 8330, he pretty much won't like anything else because TBQH there isn't much difference between the OSes that would make a consumer go gaga over them.

All blackberry devices in that form factor share the same faults, irregardless of whether they run OS 5 or 6.

And that doesn't mean 6 didn't make improvements over 5, BTW, so spare me the list.
    And this is why even if RIM makes an OS6 Storm and VZW releases it in 2 months, I'm still going Android. I used to think I'd settle for any new touchscreen BlackBerry (on VZW). But that's because my standards were lowered because I like BlackBerry OS.

If a QNX Storm is released when the Motorola Bionic is, I *might look at it. But how likely is that to happen? My standards have risen now.

01-12-11 08:12 AM
    Rim Has Most Of The Smart Phone Market For A Reason. Yeaa Baby
    01-12-11 08:27 AM
    This Article seems right for the occasion.

BlackBerry vs Android: Which is Better?
    01-12-11 08:30 AM
    Rim Has Most Of The Smart Phone Market For A Reason. Yeaa Baby
    They have most of the market for the time being because they have been at it the longest. That is going to be changing and quickly, with the releases from all the other manufactures.
    01-12-11 08:31 AM
    This Article seems right for the occasion.

BlackBerry vs Android: Which is Better?
    That article is over 6 months old.... do you know what can change in 6 months in this market?
    Though they are right when it comes to the security with BB over Android, I will take my BB everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
    Last edited by JimiMack; 01-12-11 at 08:37 AM.
    01-12-11 08:32 AM

I actually think OS 5 and OS 6 are great and see significant improvement from my 9700 over the 8330. I have no interest in making a list for you so you're safe there. I would agree that the OP would be happier with an android phone based on their post though.
    01-12-11 01:53 PM
    I find OS6 loads better than OS5 and a million times better than OS4.5, which is on the 8330 (which was my BB for 2 years). The browser and universal search on OS6 are two major pluses. I'm not going to bother with a list, either, though.

If it hasn't been said enough, use what you like. If BB doesn't work for you (especially an EOL one), get a phone that does what you want, how you want.
    01-12-11 02:10 PM
    Better yet I got a 9650.
    Why? It's pretty much the same phone. Rev A and the trackpad are about the only major differences...

01-12-11 02:27 PM
    Like I stated above......Web browsing isnt my primary use for my phone. I have pc's at home and at work for that. The sites that I do frequent load just fine. I'm not going to die if it takes 5 seconds longer to load than that of a Droid device. Reliability is my main concern, and in my experiences with smartphones, it doesnt get more reliable than the BB.
    Just as others won't die of their mail takes a 5 seconds longer to arrive.

01-12-11 02:33 PM
    This seems to be the new crutch for BB users. I keep seeing this repeated time and time again.You can't carry a laptop everywhere and it's impossible to put a desktop PC in your pocket.

I guess an all in one device doesn't appeal to BB users?
    Didn't you hear? RIM's strategy to make BB users carry the Playbook in order to make up for the BB's shortcomings is the greatest plan ever according the loyalists.

"I think it's a great idea. I can leave the BB with bluetooth on and just use my Playbook (assuming I have a pocket or jacket to hold it) while I'm out. Yay! Greatest idea ever!"
    01-12-11 04:43 PM
    Why? It's pretty much the same phone. Rev A and the trackpad are about the only major differences...

The 8330 and the 9650 are pretty much the same phone?

Besides the trackpad you have more memory, better processor, and much more.
    01-12-11 05:17 PM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD